Sign in to follow this  
Guest SageWisdom

Eaglesofts Cessna citation CII is a big dissappointment

Guest Shrek1970

I downloaded the cessna citation 2 and I am very disappointed. In virtual cockpit mode it is a struggle to read any of the gauges, i have to zoom in to .95 just to be able to read it. I don't know if this is made worse because of the bad shimmering I get in fsx, but it doesn't seem to matter with the standard fsx aircraft reading their gauges. Has anyone else bought this addon and experienced the same issues?

Guest UlfB

Hi,No problem with VC here. No shimmering in neither the VC or 2D. Might be a graphics settings problem. I've Anisotropic set and AA checked in the FSX graphics. High resolution 3-D virtual cockpit is checked. On my nVIDIA 8800GTX card I've set AF to program controlled and AA to Enhance program settings.I've posted about two other issues on the Eaglesoft forum:1. In the 2D panel the left forward view doesn't work ok. Right forward is ok, but not the left forward.2. The landing lights are hardly visible.Do you have any problem with the left forward view in 2D or the landing lights?Ulf B :-)

>I downloaded the cessna citation 2 and I am very>disappointed. In virtual cockpit mode it is a struggle to>read any of the gauges, i have to zoom in to .95 just to be>able to read it. I don't know if this is made worse because>of the bad shimmering I get in fsx, but it doesn't seem to>matter with the standard fsx aircraft reading their gauges. >Has anyone else bought this addon and experienced the same>issues? I'm extremely disappointed that you apparently haven't registered at our support forums to seek answers directly from us - the developers.As "Ulf B." will attest, he received an answer to his questions/concerns within short order, after posting on our support forum... ;)More to the point though, why would any person expect to be able to "read" ANY vendor's VC gauges at extreme zoom? It should be obvious that the fewer pixels there are available with which to render an image, resolution will suffer...Finally, if you are truly unhappy and unwilling to ask for help or advice directly from Eaglesoft, might I respectully suggest that you avail yourself of our extremenly liberal, thirty-day, money back guarantee?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest UlfB

>As "Ulf B." will attest, he received an answer to his>questions/concerns within short order, after posting on our>support forum... ;)Yepp! Excellent support :-)Ulf B

Bill,Given that post, you need to replace the "note" in your signature and specifically state that you are associated with the EagleSoft team, so that there is no confusion in the future as to your affiliation(s). And I would also suggest that a reader here should not have to be "registered" elsewhere to get assistance from their fellow readers here - note that I did not say "vendor". I won't even get into your "extremely disappointed" statement... and you do not want to go there either.

Tom, I like your style. You got it exactly right.There is a line here and I see it clearly, wish others would too. I love Eaglesoft's products and service. Ron and company are top notch. However, this is a user forum and community.Regards,

>Bill,>>Given that post, you need to replace the "note" in your>signature and specifically state that you are associated with>the EagleSoft team, so that there is no confusion in the>future as to your affiliation(s)."NOTE: Unless explicitly stated otherwise..."Whatever has become of the "Trivium: Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric?"I should think that the extremely precise wording of my post meets the test of the "otherwise" exception clause as written.If you bought a new Cadillac Escalade, would you go to the dealer for problem resolution, or would you first write to "click & clack" at http:www.cartalk.com and hope it got published in Tom and Ray's weekly column?I'm "extremely disappointed" in many things, Tom. I just don't feel that it's necessary or prudent for me to post about them publically. Let's not go there, either.

Fr. Bill    

>I downloaded the cessna citation 2 and I am very>disappointed. In virtual cockpit mode it is a struggle to>read any of the gauges, i have to zoom in to .95 just to be>able to read it. I don't know if this is made worse because>of the bad shimmering I get in fsx, but it doesn't seem to>matter with the standard fsx aircraft reading their gauges. >Has anyone else bought this addon and experienced the same>issues? >ES text on the older models was always lacking whether on the gauges or the panel. However, I do like their work and have a few of their aircraft.I have the Liberty for FSX and all text is ok. But it does eat up some frames. lol

Guest weeniemcween

Rhetoric means speech adapted to a given audience, strictly speaking the art of persuasion. So whatever happened to your rhetoric? Oh yeah, you're just blowing hot air.

>I downloaded the cessna citation 2 and I am very>disappointed. In virtual cockpit mode it is a struggle to>read any of the gauges, i have to zoom in to .95 just to be>able to read it. I don't know if this is made worse because>of the bad shimmering I get in fsx, but it doesn't seem to>matter with the standard fsx aircraft reading their gauges. >Has anyone else bought this addon and experienced the same>issues? >If you are using Anistropic filtering in the FSX Options along with FSAA, then try BiLinear.

>Wow Bill, you just made a ___ of yourself.It certainly wouldn't be the first time, nor is it likely to be the last. While I'll admit that my major in philosophy is quite dusty, I stand by my definition. After all, I used the term, and terms mean what I intended them to mean; not what some other pedant decides they mean... ;)At the very least, I try to post useful information, and don't indulge in "hit-and-run one line cheap shots..."As for the question of hi-res screenshots, folks who check the forums at Eaglesoft will see some posted as 'stickies' at the top of the appropriate forum. No commercial developer is allowed to post screenshots in ANY AVSIM forum, so folks will just have to register and look where they are allowed... :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

Obfuscation Bill. Any message you post in future must be caveatted with a signature that clearly denotes you as a member of the Eaglesoft team. I expect that to happen immediately. Private opinion or otherwise, all deserve to know who and what you are affiliated with. Full disclosure and all that good stuff.

Did you mean "...can't share or ask..."? - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest weeniemcween

Actually it was you who attempted to be pedantic, or something close, when you said: "Whatever has become of the 'Trivium: Logic, Grammar and Rhetoric?'"I was pointing out - giving as much detail to be very clear in response to your "it means nothing of the sort" bs and questioning my precision after all - that your insult of someone else's intelligence had no basis. And I did say that I didn't have a Ph.D, a fact made plain by my need to edit my post and check references to make sure I had portrayed things accurately.Regardless, terms don't just mean what you mean them to mean.

>I downloaded the cessna citation 2 and I am very>disappointed. In virtual cockpit mode it is a struggle to>read any of the gauges, i have to zoom in to .95 just to be>able to read it. I don't know if this is made worse because>of the bad shimmering I get in fsx, but it doesn't seem to>matter with the standard fsx aircraft reading their gauges. >Has anyone else bought this addon and experienced the same>issues? >Shreck, as far as we know, no one else is reporting the issues that you are. The post below yours reports the exact opposite as a matter of fact.Note: Any developer worth their salt maintains support forums for its products simply because they know the product inside out.Consider the fact that ours are available to any customer 24/7 and we probably could have answered had you bothered to register....Note: While public user forums are sometimes helpful, they cannot offer, and indeed never will offer the level of support that can be obtained by membership in a specific developers forum.:-)At any rate, if we are unable to help then we are pleased to offer a 30 refund policy for those who are dissatisfied.EDIT: Robert has requested a refund and has been provided the proper information for said refund:-)Hope this helps.:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png