Sign in to follow this  
Guest SageWisdom

Eaglesofts Cessna citation CII is a big dissappointment

>Rhetoric means speech adapted to a given audience, strictly>speaking the art of persuasion. So whatever happened to your>rhetoric? Oh yeah, you're just blowing hot air.Actually, it means nothing of the sort, at least not in the classical sense of the "Trivium." (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetoric )But then, why expect precision from a mere sophist (in the contemporary usage)? (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophist )

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>Obfuscation Bill. Any message you post in future must be>caveatted with a signature that clearly denotes you as a>member of the Eaglesoft team. I expect that to happen>immediately. Private opinion or otherwise, all deserve to know>who and what you are affiliated with. Full disclosure and all>that good stuff.That is a reasonable request for those posts where I AM responding as a member of Eaglesoft, which are - quite frankly - extremely rare. For those instances I'll be sure to have an appropriate signature appended.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill, this is not a negotiation. Your signature MUST state that you are affiliated with Eaglesoft, just as Ron's does. No matter the topic, readers will have no doubt your affiliation and your potential bias on whatever subject may be under discussion at the time. Full disclosure.

Guest weeniemcween

Wow Bill, you just made a ___ of yourself.Quoting from that wikipedia article you cite dealing with the classical trivium: "rhetoric concerned itself with persuasion in public and political settings such as assemblies and courts of law." So in the classical sense - really senses - which you pretend to understand, there actually is no rhetoric here, since, first sophistically, this is not an assembly (like the Athenian Ekklesia), nor a court of law (like the Heliaia). This is more like a public square, and you certainly are not orating, nor engaging Socratically, with the platonic, anti-sophist rhetoric that stimulates the public or private audience toward true knowledge (Phaedrus). But, in a wider yet still strict, i.e. Aristotelian, sense (appropriate since classical democracy doesn't work well outside of a polis-sized state), rhetoric means the art of persuasion, which you aren't exhibiting in your tactless posts, so don't lecture people.And please don't throw around the term sophist to try and sound smart. It isn't working. This is one area I can safely say I understand fairly well from my education, though I'm no Ph.D. You need a history lesson, some Platonic dialogues and books, not just wikipedia, which I'm not putting down by the way.

> Did you mean "...can't share or ask..."? - DougJa dat bedoelde ik ;-) dankjewel :-)Andr

André

Guest JIMJAM

I wish developers would post more pictures so we could see what we are going to pay for.Eaglesoft and FSD are both stingy with screenies.I had alot of problems with the fs9 citation vr pit since I could not read anything.Now Im running 1920 by 1200 so Im going to wait and see.Tell ya what Eaglesoft. Post some good vc shots and maybe I will buy it.

>Tom, I like your style. You got it exactly right.>>There is a line here and I see it clearly, wish others would>too. I love Eaglesoft's products and service. Ron and company>are top notch. However, this is a user forum and community.>>>Regards,>Yep that is the case and if we can share or ask advise here from fellow simmers I'm the first to be out of here...Cheers,Andr

André

Guest triangle

I second JimJam's point - I was (and still am) quite interested in buying this product but will have to wait for a review as the screenies on the Eaglesoft site are not of the quality and volume I would need to make a final decision.This is not just an issue for Eaglesoft, however - many developers fail to take full advantage of the possibilities when it comes to using screenies to market their product. An example of an excellent setup is that in place at the RealAir Simulations site - a quick run through their VC screenies, after reading about the SF260 here, and I hit the buy button without hesitation. Glad I did - looking like my best payware purchase yet. Have set aside 4 hours this afternoon for a proper flight with it ;-)Andrew

Say, does anybody know how to re-scale autogen objects in FSX? The trees are too big for my taste. Thanks everybody and yes I am trying to highjack this thread! :}

>Say, does anybody know how to re-scale autogen objects in>FSX? The trees are too big for my taste. Thanks everybody>and yes I am trying to highjack this thread! :}Ha Ha, glad someone hijacked it:-)If anyone noticed the original poster has the information needed for his refund and should be a happy camper soon.As for the debate on the relative merits of nuance, and the sublties of semantics as it relates to ones self actualization and/or self evaluation of an individuals intelligence quotiant when taken as whole...I hope this thread dies soon:-) :-)Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

U bent zeer welkom :-) . - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Ich haben eine beer fur du, too!Cheers!:-beerchugpj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest nehuge

Seems like every forum out there on the Internet isn't about civilized debate. They are pissing matches of people who push others down to boost themselves up to feel better. It is these puerile acts of sweating the small stuff that holds humans back from advancement. This, coming from a PhD, I understand there are times to defend yourself and other times to do the right thing and let it go. How about when someone has an opinion about not liking a product, ask them about their settings without getting defensive, and if that doesn't work, genuinely feel sorry that they feel that way, knowing that you tried to help and move on. Woopee doo, I have a PhD...doesn't make me smart...knowledge to me is basically the WILLINGNESS to expand your capacity constantly....aka memorizing a buncha stuff. A bum off of the streets could be a rocket scientist if his capacity and IQ allow him to do so. Geesh. lolNow that I've typed a paragraph I almost have succumbed to being a hypocrit and defeating my own purpose so I'm outta here. See? Admittance. Enjoy FSX.

Guest Rick Baldwin

Tom,I've got to respectfully disagree with you. Bill cleatly states in his original message:"I'm extremely disappointed that you apparently haven't registered at OUR support forums to seek answers directly from US - THE DEVELOPERS.Caps added for emphasis).I think Bill made his affiliation quite clear. There is no ambiquity whatsoever.-Rick