Sign in to follow this  
Erv Moore

RealAir's SF260 demo...?

Although I'm a it put off by the dull color of the VC, I'd like to give the SF260 a try. But as far as I can see there is no demo (which is quite common of course) but also no money-back-if-you-don't-like-it-guarantee. I just went to the orderpage and noticed I have to pay VAT too as a European customer, which lifts the price to something like 34 euro. Which is even more than the 28,- I thought it was. (What if I choose to pay in US dollars...?!?) I'd really like to give this plane a try, but 34,- is a bit too much too gamble...

Normally, I would say your concerns are understandable. And I have no comment on your concern for the value of money. Thats very personal. But if you have not bought anything from real air, I would say go on and give them a try. I am that confident that you would not be dissapointed in any of their payware aircraft.Their VC and the guages are the best in the GA category. Yes..the best.. no compeition what so ever. Yes,..their aircrafts generally don't have the avionics suite like Garmin GPS etc..but still IMO. They are a creme de la creme.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>Normally, I would say your concerns are understandable. And I>have no comment on your concern for the value of money. Thats>very personal. But if you have not bought anything from real>air, I would say go on and give them a try. I am that>confident that you would not be dissapointed in any of their>payware aircraft.>>Their VC and the guages are the best in the GA category. >Yes..the best.. no compeition what so ever. Yes,..their>aircrafts generally don't have the avionics suite like Garmin>GPS etc..but still IMO. They are a creme de la creme.>>Mannyi agree 100%no one comes close to the clarity and fluidity of their VCplus there is zero hit on FPSjust my opinionBo

Bo Klop

Ditto to all the above. As a retired real-world pilot, I can say this is as close to the real deal, as they come. I love the ability to point the wing as the runway, stomp on the top rudder and just slip that baby in.When they come out with the Duke, I may just have to retire my Dreamfleet Barron. Anyone looking for a good deal on a used Barron? LOL I may have one for sale. Only a couple hundred hours on the engines.

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Not only is the handling real, the gauge update is so smooth and real world like that it makes the ideal instrument platform. With the smooth instruments, ability to tune them fluidly (no mouse clicks but drags....) and the real flight characteristics there is only one huge negative:After using the real air-I really don't want to fly anything else-and usually don't. :-)I am too waiting for the twin......http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest Zevious Zoquis

It's the best plane I've flown in the sim. Simple as that. And that could be said about every plane they offer (the Spitfire is just superb too). Personally, I love the clean and clear VC graphics too.

Guest triangle

I just bought it today based on all the comments I had heard and the feedback that the 3d gauges had no FPS impact and I am happy I did :-)Based on a few hours testing it out, this is *some* plane. If only all payware planes were of this extraordinary quality. I am planning on taking the next large part of my tour around Australia in this little sucker ... I could just stare at those exquisite gauges all day long .. especially as they have no FPS impact unlike many poorer quality VCs sold elsewhere.Andrew

>Ditto to all the above. As a retired real-world pilot, I can>say this is as close to the real deal, as they come. I love>the ability to point the wing as the runway, stomp on the top>rudder and just slip that baby in.Well, that's a lot of positive news. But this brings me to another (final) point: I do not have rudder pedals... Seems to me that to get the most out of this plane, you need rudder pedals. Right...? I know I can use keys for rudder but that sucks imho. So I always have auto-rudder on. Anyone else here who owns the SF260 and always has autorudder on and still likes the plane?

>Although I'm a it put off by the dull color of the VC, I'd>like to give the SF260 a try. But as far as I can see there is>no demo (which is quite common of course) but also no>money-back-if-you-don't-like-it-guarantee. I just went to the>orderpage and noticed I have to pay VAT too as a European>customer, which lifts the price to something like 34 euro.>Which is even more than the 28,- I thought it was. (What if I>choose to pay in US dollars...?!?) I'd really like to give>this plane a try, but 34,- is a bit too much too gamble...We may disagree about a lot of things on this board but I guess the quality of Real Air SF260 is undisputed.I bought the SF260 for FS2002, since then I updated (payed for new versions) upto version 2005 V3 (FS2004). At 34 Euro its a great deal.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest etheberge

I want to add my recommendation to just go ahead and buy it without worries. It's simply the best GA plane I've ever tried, the SF260 is the only thing I fly in FSX right now.I know from another post that you have a TrackIR. Believe me TrackIR was made for the SF260, the bubble canopy allows you to have an amazing view of the scenery.Altough I haven't used it, I know someone made a black background for the VC for the FS9 version of the plane. I'm sure it would be relatively easy to port that over to FSX. As for pedals, I don't have any either, I'm using the controls on a joystick for rudder. I would say that the only thing that would be more difficult would be stuff like aerobatics and tail spins.Check out the SF260 flying club forum, maybe you'll find more info there: http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?...3ab7738695528f0-Erik T.

I flew the SF260 from England to New Zealand a few months ago (not in one go, obviously!). It makes a good tourer - as long as you don't have too much baggage LOL - as well as being a fun plane to throw about. And it's one of very few planes in FS that you can side slip properly. :-)

Yes Sir... IMHO you cannot go wrong with the RealAir Marchetti.I was showing FS9 to a friend and letting him fly the Archer when I switched the plane to the SF-260 to give him a feel for a high performance airplane.. I believe he is now looking for a new computer for himself so he can fly this aircraft at his own place :-)(no rudder pedals..)

Bert

Guest weeniemcween

Same here, the realair marchetti is an incredible sim. As with all vc's, you can reduce shimmering by clamping lod bias - which you should always do - and enabling transparency supersampling (which does not impact performance in fsx like it does in gpu bound games), or a supersampling mode with nhancer (not sure about ati). As to the vc, I made a darker panel mod which I showed here not long ago. Stll waiting for a response from the developers on whether I can share it... If you have photoshop, it's an easy process after getting the nvidia dds plugin.

Guest jcomm

For me, RealAir &/or Rob Young are the ** best ** demo for their products - I am yet to find anything wrong about a RealAir aircraft!There are other "RealAirs" in the market though... only a lttle more difficult to glimpse...For one thing, Rob Young is behind other projects, designing the Airfiles, and there are at least three other "Masters of The FDE"... Rob Young, Jerry Beckwith and Steve Small ... Products they're associated with a guaranteed to be of quality... So...Sometimes a name is worth a thousand demos... :-)

Don't even think about it. Get it! You'll never doubt Rob Young and his team again. Real Air products just ROCK!