Sign in to follow this  
Erv Moore

RealAir's SF260 demo...?

Guest Shalomar

I have the FS9 version and have not regretted my purchase in the least. Very smooth guages and I noticed no FPS hit on my mid-range system. The bubble canopy is just made for TrackIR.Best Regards, Donny:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Guest triangle

Hi allI flew 2.5 hours last night on Eastern Australia in the SF260 (Canberra to Coffs Harbour) and was absolutely blown away ... the flight model is simply incredible, the plane model and liveries are top notch and the 3d VC gauages are simply the best implementation I have encountered. The sense of being somewhat at the mercy of the elements in such a small, light plane when cruising at 12,000 feet in this plane was second to none and taking her into land was an absolute joy.The gauges are unbelievable - no FPS hit at all and the experience when leaning your mixture, for example, compared to the usual, jumpy reaction of the RPM gauge makes it completely natural and quick. In fact, I find the visuals on the SF260 easier on my machine and FPS than even the default aircraft which is pretty unexpected.Previously, I would not have even considered buying, for example, a Spitfire, but after flying the SF260 I am seriously reconsidering acquiring the RealAir offering :-)Awesome plane. Can't imagine going back to anything else for awhile.Andrew

If you are a "Flight Sim Nut" as myself, you need this plane - a dream and great guys at RealAir to deal with should you need help. Good luck! erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

We have discussed you panel colour tweak and we like it! Please can you pm or e-mail me and we can sort out where we go from here.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

So....have you purchased yet????:)I also own it, great plane, love the unique camera angles in FSX, and nice perf, so you can fly it as a luxury plane or a trainer...I wish I had TRACK ir!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest weeniemcween

I sent you an email Rob. And when I said $198,500, I should have said $259,000. Got the prices for the two marchettis mixed up. Yet both equally unfordable at the moment. Right now I only have $198,499 stored in my mattress :).

>So....have you purchased yet????http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=404952&page=As you can see I bought it and I LOVE IT! :) It's AWESOME! As I say in that topic, there is only one thing that's really annyoing me: the fact that I didn't buy it earlier! :)>I wish I had TRACK ir!Don't know why you don't have it yet (problems in the money department I presume), but if you ever got some money left over, this is the first thing you should get! Track IR will change your simming life permamently. I have to say using it with the SF260 is a dream come true: it's a match made in heaven, so to speak! :)

>As to the vc, I made a darker panel mod which I showed here>not long ago. I went even a bit further than weeniemcween (hope no one minds)... In comparison with the rest of FSX I think I missed some contrast in the panel, which made it look just a bit too light and artificial and/or plastic (or whatever you want to call it). This is just a matter of personal taste, of course! But apart from making the panel background a bit darker (to make the gauges look less floating) I also made the leather more er... solid (it was a bit too yellowish grey somehow), and also darkened the gauges so they would fit better with the radiostack and other little things on the panel. This way the panel looks more er... solid and macho ;) IMHO. Again, this is of course a matter of personal taste! But to me the SF260 fits a bit better in the FSX world now. ;)Here are twoo screenshots, the first is the default look, the second my macho-look. :(http://i19.tinypic.com/6h4lhef.jpghttp://i15.tinypic.com/6bvh07a.jpgTwo more pics where you can see better that the gauges are also made darker (default first, my version second):http://i10.tinypic.com/6g3t1m8.jpghttp://i14.tinypic.com/68223nm.jpg

Er... what shall I say... After flying a while with my own version I kinda began to miss the original one... It is a lot lighter... So er... well, anyway, it's nice to have different options, but I've gone back to the original textures for now. :(

>Er... what shall I say... After flying a while with my own>version I kinda began to miss the original one... It is a lot>lighter... So er... well, anyway, it's nice to have different>options, but I've gone back to the original textures for now.I think I like light grey panels too! :-hah Note: the yellow is a deeper yellow, than it appears. From a Nissan X-Terra color.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174157.jpg

Nice!!! But look at those shadows, how they bring it all to life! That's what I miss in FS and in the SF260...

Guest etheberge

Here we go again, always going on about the TrackIR :-)-Erik T.

>Here we go again, always going on about the TrackIR :-)Only three sentences... that's not too bad! :(

Guest Rickg6uzt

Just reading through this thread I thought I would comment on RealAir products. This is the email I sent to "PC Pilot" Magazine the other week, it ended up as the "Satr Letter""Dear Sir The usual, excellent magazine, love reading and re-reading it, etc etc! ( All true!). I just thought I should put finger to keyboard to praise one of our many flight sim developers out there, Real Air Simulations. I recently acquired a copy of their excellent aircraft, the SF260 (FS2004) and had some trouble installing it. This, I believe was caused by me, lesson, RTFM ( Read The Flipping Manual) for the registration procedures! Anyhow, after many (18) emails between me and Rob at RealAir, an answer was produced. Rob never gave up and he gave as much help as I could wish for and at strange hours, does this chap ever sleep or take time off?! Due to his commitment I now have an excellent addition to my hanger, I cant stress how good the aircraft and their after sales service are. I have been in the service industry for 22+ years and I believe the way you treat people is the key to a successful business, one that people will come back to time after time. This I will certainly do. The sad fact of life is that most people only ever comment about bad service, good service is often never commented on at all. Please, if you are happy about something, tell the producers about it! Cheers,Rick Brown.Worcestershire. ps, I'm not connected with RealAir in any shape or form, apart from being a satisfied customer!"I visited RCSimulations.com the other day (Should start a thread about how good they are too! Well worth a call / visit!" and bought the RearlAir Scout package, I can only say that this is as good as the SF260 as well. Very good value for money too. I have a few payware aircraft in my hanger but I usually end up using the RealAir stuff because of the flight model and gauges. the AeroSoft Cub is quite good too, but the display on the radio guages are difficult to read in the VC without zooming in or clicking on them, thats another story though!Hope this helps anyone thats thinking about going down the RealAir route.Rick.

Being an old aircraft jet engine product support guy for many years, I say well done & right on Rick - I agree with you completly. The RealAir products are outstanding and support is second to none!erv KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.