Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

X-Plane 12 Possible Early Release date from Austin at Oshko

What I’m really hoping for in addition to all of those nice features is extreme SMOOTHNESS which I’m struggling to get even at 40-60 FPS and default scenery...despite my best efforts and a 10900K and RX 6800 even with default scenery I’m getting a wee bit of very tiny but consistent stuttering vs the other big sims I have which are BUTTER smooth (for a bit) then suddenly get hammered hard by the main thread and stutter hard.

In any case I’m buying this XP12 on Day 1 which I hope is soon and <30 days!

On 7/31/2022 at 6:23 PM, Colonel X said:

Bring it on Austin! The Colonel is ready to switch back to X-Plane!

There's a name we haven't seen in a while :biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

There's a name we haven't seen in a while :biggrin:

Coming in hot!

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Well the Vulkan beta was very enjoyable so I'm hoping this early access will be too. Trouble is Vulkan was in beta for six months from what I recall? So how early is this access likely to be? Do we have to pay the full price for this beta? (Just can't watch any video with Meyer in it without my skin crawling.😀)

Edited by jarmstro

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Well the Vulkan beta was very enjoyable so I'm hoping this early access will be too. Trouble is Vulkan was in beta for six months from what I recall? So how early is this access likely to be? Do we have to pay the full price for this beta? (Just can't watch any video with Meyer in it without my skin crawling.😀)

Judging by your avatar, you must be watching lots of Austin's videos.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

yes, you have to pay the full price. If you dont want that, then you can wait till the end of the beta.

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

21 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

What I’m really hoping for in addition to all of those nice features is extreme SMOOTHNESS which I’m struggling to get even at 40-60 FPS and default scenery...despite my best efforts and a 10900K and RX 6800 even with default scenery I’m getting a wee bit of very tiny but consistent stuttering vs the other big sims I have which are BUTTER smooth (for a bit) then suddenly get hammered hard by the main thread and stutter hard.

In any case I’m buying this XP12 on Day 1 which I hope is soon and <30 days!

Welcome to AMD on Windows. Even OpenGL on my 6900XT is buttery smooth on Linux.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

After an alpha test mostly full of 3rd party devs who debug code for a (quasi) living? This will be a pretty uneventful beta test. Those days are gone.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

12 hours ago, Dirk.M said:

If you dont want that, then you can wait till the end of the beta.

Simming as a hobby is one long beta.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, blingthinger said:

After an alpha test mostly full of 3rd party devs who debug code for a (quasi) living? This will be a pretty uneventful beta test. Those days are gone.

I sure hope you're right!
I do think there will be a gap of a few months between early access and official release.