Sign in to follow this  
ChalkOne

Macro/shortcut to load and say phrases?

Is there any way to easily trigger some common phrases from the copilot, such as “<callsign> ready to copy IFR clearance” and ready for pushback and ready for taxi etc? 

I keep having the hardest time with p2atc recognizing my voice and I’m pretty much over it. I use the app to add some atmosphere and I’m 100% happy with the copilot handling all communications. 

I know I can use the ? Window and load phrases and have the copilot say it but that’s somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 clicks to get done and that sucks. Any faster options?

Would love to be able to assign some streamdeck buttons or macros to have those phrases loaded and spoken with a single button press. Thoughts?

SayIt Plus (?+) has a Favorites list you can manage and  then have the common phrases you want available without looking for them.

24 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

SayIt Plus (?+) has a Favorites list you can manage and  then have the common phrases you want available without looking for them.

That’s helpful, thanks. 
A great future feature would be to be able to assign hot keys to the favourites. Then I could easily do what I’m after. 

On 7/31/2022 at 1:03 PM, ChalkOne said:

A great future feature would be to be able to assign hot keys to the favourites. Then I could easily do what I’m after. 

I would love such a feature too! Having frequent trouble with my voice recognition as well, I find myself using the pre-canned phrases quite often, but using the list box / mouse selection is always cumbersome ...

Dirk

So I tried the Favorites feature of SayIt Plus (which I haven't really used before) and thought this would be a nice way to quickly pull up phrases, but unfortunately it seems to be equally cumbersome to selecting the phrases in the regular SayIt...

Yes you have all the phrases you frequently use in one spot, but it takes three clicks to actually say a phrase - select the phrase, then you have to click on 'Load', and then click on 'Say it'... Would be nice if there was a shortcut, maybe to load and say a phrase by double-clicking. And if there were hotkeys for those in some future version (which would be awesome), then again these hotkeys should trigger both loading and saying of the phrases...

Dirk

Edited by woodstock327

The next Public Beta will have the double click to say a phrase.  The only caution is that some phrases have variables that are not automatically filled in, so those would have to go through the Load box and require more effort to say.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 2

That's awesome Dave!

If I may suggest two other enhancements for this (don't want to seem too greedy but maybe it's not a huge effort 🙃) - first one, it looks like the Fav list is actually maintained by controller, so the list always only displays those added phrased that make sense for the current controller (which is great).

The only problem is that this list selection does not change dynamically - e.g. I now have the SayIt+ window open permanently on a second monitor, and when I (well the copilot) switch to a different controller the list remains static and will not see those phrases that are only applicable for the new controller. Even closing the Fav list (by clicking on the Fav button) and reopening it does not refresh the list. The only way to refresh it is to actually close the SayIt+ window itself and open it again, which is kind of a pita. So at least a manual refresh on closing/opening the fav list would be nice, and automatic refresh on any controller change would be awesome 😄

Second suggestion - would it be possible to store the window position of SayIt+ across P2A invocations? It already remembers the position after you opened it the first time and leave P2A running, but forgets it again when P2A is closed.

Thanks!!

Dirk

• Like 1