Sign in to follow this  
asychis

The Old Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX

I think this is the right place to post this.  If not, please accept my apologies.

I wanted to reinstall FSX on my computer.  I have the original disks, serial numbers etc.  I inserted the first disk, everything went well, the the computer asked for the second disk, and that went well also.  Then a message appeared that simply read 'insert disk.' Nothing about what disk.  I tried inserting disk 1 and disk 2, that did not work.  OK, my questions is obvious, what disk is the computer asking for, or what do I do now?  Thanks for any insights.

Jerry Michels

Since you are a fairly new member, this forum will be OK.  There is an FSX/FSX-SE forum also!  Is it looking for an Acceleration disc to be inserted?  Did it ever ask for you to insert your authorization codes after the 2nd disc?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Welcome to Avsim!  When I bought a new computer, I made the choice to ditch the CD's and buy FSX-Steam Edition.  FSX-SE does run smoother and crashes a lot less than the versions on CD's, no activation/registration issues, and my old FSX add-on scenery, aircraft, and accessory programs installed correctly.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I would suggest checking if fsx is availible for a good price on steam. Generally the few dollars it costs are well worth it for all the graphic and smoothness improvements and the ease of instalation.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Harry Woodrow

I'd like to chime in and say I'm still using FSX Steam. For me it's because of the aircraft I already have, PMDG 747 and 777, Aerosoft DC-8, plus the freemium JF 757 (not bad, if you've already used the navigation systems on the DC-8 and the more modern ones on the PMDG's, you don't feel too left out on the 75, since you know exactly what you're missing, and it isn't that bad). Steam is easy if you somehow mess up, to uninstall it and start over again. Then the scenery up at FL 390 isn't that bad and Active Sky weather is good to. But if I wanted low down close to the ground scenery I know I'd have to start switching to MSFS. Not sure about the cd's for FSX though. I guess if you already have some good FSX aircraft you like, it's definitely worth it to try to get it to work, i.e. try and somehow ignore the messages, leave whatever cd you already had in there when the message pops up (don't eject it), and just keep clicking. Just a frivolous suggestion, but sometimes trying out weird things work.

10 minutes ago, tania13371488 said:

hello, but what about people who still use a disk drive in a computer? It seems to me that computers will soon be produced without disk drives, after all, the 21st century.!

Welcome to AvSim Tania. Not IBM-compatible PCs. Those will always require a hard drive of some description.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Welcome to AvSim Tania. Not IBM-compatible PCs. Those will always require a hard drive of some description.

Yo, Ray.....kilt him, I did, for he is a spammer! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Yo, Ray.....kilt him, I did, for he is a spammer! :ph34r:

I gave him/her the benefit of the doubt. Good detective work Charlie. 👍

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather