Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Flysimware C414AW out of beta!

It has taken a long time, but the C414AW is now officially out of beta, and available for general release.

I have been reluctant to recommend this airplane in the past, since it was being updated on a weekly basis, and it was a chore, keeping up with every twist and turn.

However, now that it is finally out, I would say it is really worth a look, if you have not already!

It looks great, it flies great, and the avionics finally work well also.

Coupled with dual GTN750Xi screens, it is ready to take you places.

Worth the wait, and if you are looking for a piston twin.. here it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxU8x-iQhJs

https://www.flysimware.com/FLYSIMSTORE/home/46-flysimware-cessna-414aw-chancellor-msfs2020.html

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

And it remains at the original beta price. No price increase for the final version.

-B

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It has taken a long time, but the C414AW is now officially out of beta, and available for general release.

I have been reluctant to recommend this airplane in the past, since it was was being updated on a weekly basis, and it was a chore, keeping up with every twist and turn.

However, now that it is finally out, I would say it is really worth a look, if you have not already!

It looks great, it flies great, and the avionics finally work well also.

Coupled with dual GTN750Xi screens, it is ready to take you places.

https://www.flysimware.com/FLYSIMSTORE/home/46-flysimware-cessna-414aw-chancellor-msfs2020.html

Hi Bert, it's been out of beta for more than a week already but the updates are still coming, lol. There was one yesterday and another one is coming this or next week.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Hi Bert, it's been out of beta for more than a week already but the updates are still coming, lol. There was one yesterday and another one is coming this or next week.

I think we are done for a while... safe to jump in 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

safe to jump in

I agree, and in my opinion it's the best GA plane available right now.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The 414 is a lovely addon.  Down low you'll cruise around 180 ktas, up in the lower FL's you'll be around 210-220 ktas.  It has a ton of switches and the panel is very IFR capable with many forms of navigation available.  It also supports stock GNS 530 (once WT updates this it'll work like an actual GNS), the PMS GTN and of course the TDS GTN 750Xi.

It's also pressurized, turbocharged and flight into known icing equipped (boots and windshield heat).

• Upvote 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In the Product Page I read:

-Includes a Cessna RN-1079A NAV 2 RNAV radio (RNAV not simulated)

Does this mean it is not RNAV-ready ?  If a RNAV route is programmed into the GNS or any of the GTS, how does it get flown ? Or is the RNAV limitation only applying to NAV2 ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

9 minutes ago, jcomm said:

In the Product Page I read:

-Includes a Cessna RN-1079A NAV 2 RNAV radio (RNAV not simulated)

Does this mean it is not RNAV-ready ?  If a RNAV route is programmed into the GNS or any of the GTS, how does it get flown ? Or is the RNAV limitation only applying to NAV2 ?

I believe that refers to a very early RNAV unit, that predates even the Garmin GTN430, that the original C414 had but is not used as a RNAV unit in the FSW versions of the plane. The FSW C414AW comes with three panels (GNS 530, dual PMS50 GTN 750s, or dual TDS GTNXI 750s -- the GTN 750s are a third party addon) selected by choosing the desired panel livery. These GPS units operate as you would expect.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Does this mean it is not RNAV-ready ?

I fly GPS flight plans, including LPV approaches in this plane, and the autopilot flies them perfectly.  (TDS GTN750Xi)

• Like 1

Bert

28 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I fly GPS flight plans, including LPV approaches in this plane, and the autopilot flies them perfectly.  (TDS GTN750Xi)

Does the TDS have full VNAV capability with RNAV approaches (I mean respecting the altitude constraints without you having to interfere) or is it like the PMS GTN that you have to descent manually to the constraint altitudes and VNAV only works after the FAF?

Alvega

I do fly the 414 since the early BETA and the aircraft changed a LOT! Also the Discord channel is followed closely and update are sometime posted daily.

This aircraft is totally awesome. I wish Flysimware would do the Twin Otter and show Aerosoft how an aircraft is done.

Great great work! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

Does the TDS have full VNAV capability with RNAV approaches (I mean respecting the altitude constraints without you having to interfere) or is it like the PMS GTN that you have to descent manually to the constraint altitudes and VNAV only works after the FAF?

If you mean does the autopilot fly gps approaches with vertical guidance on APR mode then yes.  Full coupled (fancy term for 'autopilot') vnav is not available for enroute phases.

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

The TDS GTN is not like the PMS unit, in that it uses Garmin flight management logic and Garmin/Jeppesen navdata, just like the real unit.  So in that regard it will feel familiar if you are used to flying with the RXP GTN in P3D. 

I would expect that as WT cleans up the Asobo flight management system, the PMS unit will also benefit, and the "what is it doing now" moments will become less frequent..

As Ryan mentions above, for an LPV approach it is still your responsibility to manage your altitude right up to glidepath capture, at which point the autopilot, in APR mode, will take over, just like on an ILS approach.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

I agree with you Bert. I love this bird.

Real Deraps