Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Flysimware C414AW out of beta!

Bert,

Thanks for confirming the Garmin Cycle date (previous screenshot).

Thanks for you first post confirming FSW414 out of beta.

I watched the video in your first post and also noticed another “FSW review video” (among others) shown on the linked page. 

About 8:15 into the review (link below) : autopilot not following GPS route, fuel remaining not changing, oil pressure gauge problem.

Are those problems resolved in the current version?

Link to the review:
Flysimware Cessna 414 - Professional Pilot Review - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Beta Version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtrwVpWghA

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

5 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Bert,

Thanks for confirming the Garmin Cycle date (previous screenshot).

Thanks for you first post confirming FSW414 out of beta.

I watched the video in your first post and also noticed another “FSW review video” (among others) shown on the linked page. 

About 8:15 into the review (link below) : autopilot not following GPS route, fuel remaining not changing, oil pressure gauge problem.

Are those problems resolved in the current version?

Link to the review:
Flysimware Cessna 414 - Professional Pilot Review - Microsoft Flight Simulator - Beta Version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtrwVpWghA

That review is from March, it's all fixed. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

16 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

It has taken a long time, but the C414AW is now officially out of beta, and available for general release.

Bert ,

Thanks for your review and additional information on the FSW414AW.

I got it from SimMarket.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Here is another and more recent review:

It is quite long but also thorough, and some parts can even serve as tutorials for certain aspects of operating the plane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

Here is another and more recent review:

Probably - for me - one of the most complete and professional review of a GA aircraft, much more informative than many of these U-Tube ad-nauseam talkative reviewers, well structured, down to the point, no time wasted (that tells a lot considering the length of the video) real world comparisons with accurate data, emergency maneuvers, etc, etc, and a fair conclusion.

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

@SuperKaro2014. Thanks for the heads-up and the link. The author (a professional flight instructor) and his friend Nathan (a current professional King Air pilot and former C402 captain) provide an intense in-depth assessment of the simulation. In doing so, they not only demonstrate the capabilities of the Flysimware model but they also provide plenty of real world insight into the character of the actual C414AW aircraft. Just terrific.

You are absolutely right that this video can truly enrich the experience for the simulator pilot. It is much more than a normal review. I share your (and Bernard’s) enthusiasm and would highly recommend this video to those who are flying the C414AW.

Thanks.

• Like 3

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

IMHO, this 414 will go down in FS history as one of the greatest GA aircraft of all time.

A friend of mine who flies King Air's for living, and has plenty of PIC 414 stick time, was very impressed with aircraft when he came over and flew it.

He says it flies just like a 414!

I bought it on day one and have flown it more than anything else in my hangar.

Keep up the outstanding work FSW!

• Like 1

I will also add that FSW might strongly consider making a 421 Golden Eagle- they have most of what they need already in place.

And from there, a 441 Conquest! 😆

The developers modelling and coding skills are really just beyond words- seriously talented!

Edited by skully
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, skully said:

I will also add that FW might strongly consider making a 421 Golden Eagle- they have most of what they need already in place.

And from there, a 441 Conquest! 😆

The developers modelling skills are really just beyond words- seriously talented!

Recognize that this was a "labour of love" with the real aircraft and its owner at hand, and involved..

Not so easy to switch to an "assembly line" process a la Carenado.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

Does prop feather work as expected ?

How's engine-out performance ? Can it be flown bellow published Vmca ?

Hmmm... good visual answer to my own questions here:

Looks Great !

It's a twin that made my dreams when I was 16 yo and thought I could one day be able to fly one ....

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wow, you guys sold me on this plane. Nothing like having a solid, capable plane to fly in MSFS. 

Recommendations on PMS50 vs the TDS GTNXi? Any major differences? 

• Like 1

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

5 minutes ago, Dyno152 said:

Wow, you guys sold me on this plane. Nothing like having a solid, capable plane to fly in MSFS. 

I'm sold too, after one of the videos posted above 🙂

Regarding the TDS, while I would prefer to have an "old-style" GNS 530 instead, I guess that based of feedback ( from other threads ) by Bert, the TDS offer is more complete.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I'm sold too, after one of the videos posted above 🙂

Regarding the TDS, while I would prefer to have an "old-style" GNS 530 instead, I guess that based of feedback ( from other threads ) by Bert, the TDS offer is more complete.

Just to be clear, while the GTN750s are third party addons, the GNS 530 (which as I understand it is being improved by WT) is a MSFS default GPS and so is included with the FSW purchase.

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

Just to be clear, while the GTN750s are third party addons, the GNS 530 (which as I understand it is being improved by WT) is a MSFS default GPS and so is included with the FSW purchase.

Al

And there is a free PMS50 mod for the GNS530 which is worth installing, until WT does their magic..

• Like 1

Bert

25 minutes ago, Dyno152 said:

It really depends on your priorities... if you have flown the F1 or RXP GTN 750 in P3D or XP, the TDS version is the one to get.  It uses the actual Garmin code and behaves like the real unit.

The PMS version is closely tied to the Asobo flight planning system for better or worse..

If you have never used the GTN.. the free PMS50 version is OK while you figure out your options.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert