Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Flysimware C414AW out of beta!

Tried to download yesterday b from FSW but looked like it would take 60 hours.  Even the Market Place isnt that bad.  lol

sp

32 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Tried to download yesterday b from FSW but looked like it would take 60 hours.  Even the Market Place isnt that bad.  lol

sp

Very strange. A number of months ago FSW moved to a high speed dedicated server, so unless there was a rare server glitch, I have to think the problem was along the download path between you and the server.  What part of the world are you in?

Al

Edited by ark

33 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

sp

It was very fast for me.

Tried again to download the latest update from the FPW site and today it will be 10 hours.  Once again MarketPlace is way faster.

sp

2 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Tried again to download the latest update from the FPW site and today it will be 10 hours.  Once again MarketPlace is way faster.

sp

Try rebooting your router or using a VPN, some people said that helped them.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

51 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

sp

I live in Colorado, so not that far from you, and I just tried a C414 "test" download from FSW and it took less than 2 minutes -- as usual. My internet provider is Comcast.

Do you get any kind of error or warning messages? The problem is not the speed of the server, something else has to be wrong somewhere. I suggest you contact FSW to see if there might be some odd issue with your account setup.

https://flysimware.com/website2019/contact/#Contact-Anchor

How long do plane downloads from the MarketPlace typically take for you?

Al

Edited by ark

22 minutes ago, ark said:

I live in Colorado, so not that far from you, and I just tried a C414 "test" download from FSW and it took less than 2 minutes -- as usual. My internet provider is Comcast.

Do you get any kind of error or warning messages? The problem is not the speed of the server, something else has to be wrong somewhere. I suggest you contact FSW to see if there might be some odd issue with your account setup.

https://flysimware.com/website2019/contact/#Contact-Anchor

Al

Once again we have monsoon rains today with high clouds.  I suspect this is affecting my 5G signal but things are still good in MSFS.  Since May I've seen 10x the amount of rain than for the past 3 years combined here in the West.  Probably a good thing.

Cheers

sp

• Like 1

Meanwhile, at FL150 somewhere over Uzbekistan, there is not the slightest bit of moisture as far as my eyes can see, on the ground as well as in the air. The relevance to this thread being that I'm on my way from Singapore to Europe in the Chancellor. And I'm just blown away by this aircraft. Love it!

I've got to add that I had an engine failure in the mountains of Ladakh, India. User error. I was running the engines at max MP and prop for too long in order to clear the terrain. The encounter with the ground was not pretty - wouldn't have survived that one. 

Which is one of the things I really enjoy about this plane. It's not straightforward. Gotta look after the engines. Need to do proper fuel planning in terms of endurance. For a piston aircraft it's fairly complex. But still one can get up and running fairly quickly compared to an airliner. 

Only 469nm to go until Turkmenbashi 😅

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I suspect this is affecting my 5G signal but things are still good in MSFS. 

Are you using your cell phone as a "hot spot" to access the internet for the C414 download?

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

So I've had the beta version forever and it was working flawlessly. I'm not sure why, but I decided to download the "official" version today. I'm finding that the altitude knob cannot be changed so I can't set an altitude for the AP to capture.

Btw, I can get the knob to highlight and I can see it turning but the value in the window never changes.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by Boeing_Driver

1 hour ago, Boeing_Driver said:

So I've had the beta version forever and it was working flawlessly. I'm not sure why, but I decided to download the "official" version today. I'm finding that the altitude knob cannot be changed so I can't set an altitude for the AP to capture.

Btw, I can get the knob to highlight and I can see it turning but the value in the window never changes.

Anyone know how to fix this?

The latest version is now called C414AW instead of just C414A. So you have to make sure you uninstall the previous beta version before installing the new version. The new installer may not uninstall the older version with the old name, and you may have two versions of the C414 in your Community folder. If you do, go to Programs and Features and uninstall the old beta version. Then rerun the new installer which will first uninstall the "new" version (which may be defective) and then it will go on to reinstall the new version.

Another possibility is a third party livery problem. Some liveries needed to be updated for the latest version.

And of course, there is always the possibility of some kind of other Community folder conflict.

I assume you have not changed any controller assignments.

Al

Edited by ark

6 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Once again we have monsoon rains today with high clouds.  I suspect this is affecting my 5G signal but things are still good in MSFS.  Since May I've seen 10x the amount of rain than for the past 3 years combined here in the West.  Probably a good thing.

Cheers

sp

Mark at FSW tells me he had another user report crazy download times similar to yours. When the user switched from Chrome to Firefox as his browser, his C414 download took 3 minutes! So you might try switching browsers to see what happens.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ark said:

The latest version is now called C414AW instead of just C414A. So you have to make sure you uninstall the previous beta version before installing the new version. The new installer may not uninstall the older version with the old name, and you may have two versions of the C414 in your Community folder. If you do, go to Programs and Features and uninstall the old beta version. Then rerun the new installer which will first uninstall the "new" version (which may be defective) and then it will go on to reinstall the new version.

Another possibility is a third party livery problem. Some liveries needed to be updated for the latest version.

And of course, there is always the possibility of some kind of other Community folder conflict.

I assume you have not changed any controller assignments.

Al

I always completely uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. But perhaps it's a livery issue? I'll remove those and see how it goes.

25 minutes ago, Boeing_Driver said:

I always completely uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. But perhaps it's a livery issue? I'll remove those and see how it goes.

If you have the PMS 414 WTT patch installed then remove it. No longer required.

Fixed it for me.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron