Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Why some might think MSFS was or is for Xbox

I wouldn't worry, judging by the current state of the World and it's genocidal leaders there's a good chance neither Microsoft Game Studios, XBox Game Studios and a large portion of planet Earth won't exist the other side of christmas.......................................................

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

I'm not an X-Box user and don't own one, but were it not for X-Box we wouldn't have this sim.  It's purely a marketing decision.  Microsoft for years didn't come out with a new sim because the market just wasn't there.  (Not enough pure flight simmers there to warrant it)  But then they decided there is a big market for it in X-Box, so they began to develop it. Same for VR.  It's all a business decision. All about making money, which is what they are in business for.

So bottom line.  I can live with that and continue to enjoy the best sim that has ever come our way.  Just my opinion.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Kaboki said:

That MSFS came to xbox is good for all of us and 3rd party devs. It opens up a huge market and will help fund the development of this sim and 3rd partys. And it will make sure this sim will survive those 10 years lifespan Microsoft planned for. If they would be dependent on just us hardcore flightsimmers  not sure this sim would ever been made.

Very true. Also, I'm sure that after the release to Xbox, the performance of MSFS on my system improved vastly, to the point that I could get a graphics/performance combination way beyond what was possible with P3D, on a pretty modest system. If Xbox is responsible for that, then great. If people want to spend huge amounts on money on a top-of-the-range system they can, and good luck to them, but they don't have to. That's a huge step forward IMO, which will bring more new simmers into the hobby...and it's great to see a stake driven through the heart of the old "the hardware that can run this properly hasn't been built yet" nonsense that plagued FSX/P3D. MSFS is built for the hardware that's available now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I'm not an X-Box user and don't own one, but were it not for X-Box we wouldn't have this sim. 

Totally agree, no XBox no MSFS than we would be back to FSX/P3D or X-Plane living in 2015 graphics. I do own an Xbox not for MSFS though, cant fly the Fenix or Maddog with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

I'm not an X-Box user and don't own one, but were it not for X-Box we wouldn't have this sim.  It's purely a marketing decision.  Microsoft for years didn't come out with a new sim because the market just wasn't there.  (Not enough pure flight simmers there to warrant it)  But then they decided there is a big market for it in X-Box, so they began to develop it. Same for VR.  It's all a business decision. All about making money, which is what they are in business for.

Yup, it's about the money.  For this reason, I also believe Microsoft will target the commercial market with the MSFS engine one day. They may not necessarily use MSFS itself to target the commercial market, but they may use the engine that MSFS is based on, to target the commercial market.  Just like they went after the commercial market with ESP over ten years ago.

I can't believe that Microsoft isn't looking at the commercial market, and thinking to themselves, the type of money that they can make with the MSFS engine.  They are probably looking at the commercial market with glee, and counting the amount of dollars they could make from the commercial market, when they make it a priority.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

An XBox is a PC, packaged in a different-looking case and marketed to a different demographic.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

8 hours ago, SierraHotel said:

I wouldn't worry, judging by the current state of the World and it's genocidal leaders there's a good chance neither Microsoft Game Studios, XBox Game Studios and a large portion of planet Earth won't exist the other side of christmas.......................................................

Take your doomsaying elsewhere.

• Like 3

Don't worry be happy.  MSFS is for the masses and should not cater mainly to flight sim elitists. XP12 will do that nicely  I'm thinking.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

Just now, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Don't worry be happy.  MSFS is for the masses and should not cater mainly to flight sim elitists. XP12 will do that I'm thinking.

sp

I'll be flying both, and a bit of P3D.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:32 AM, Tuskin38 said:

XBox is the catch all term for all of MS's games now, it doesn't mean just consoles

And you have to wonder if that rebranding was such a wise move, given all the confusion and incorrect assumptions it seems to cause!🙄

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I'm not an X-Box user and don't own one, but were it not for X-Box we wouldn't have this sim. 

Yeah sadly it's profits over passion for quality and high standards, and that's a good thing they will tell you. Lower your expectations so the companies can churn out more low quality stuff. Be part of the group having casual fun. Don't be one of those serious old elitists pretend flying in their home cockpits, haha!

Apparently, the Annunaki visited earth recently and commanded Asobo to dedicate their efforts to the Xbox crowd… from what I hear the power that be at Asobo made their offering (simmconnect and all appropriate api’s). The Annunaki have that code now, the code us PC users loath.  

In return the Annunaki agreed not to invade the earth and enslave the people yet again. 

In my books, Asobo saved humanity… and the Annunaki favourite the big X. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Apparently, the Annunaki visited earth recently and commanded Asobo to dedicate their efforts to the Xbox crowd… from what I hear the power that be at Asobo made their offering (simmconnect and all appropriate api’s). The Annunaki have that code now, the code us PC users loath.  

In return the Annunaki agreed not to invade the earth and enslave the people yet again. 

In my books, Asobo saved humanity… and the Annunaki favourite the big X. 

This is more plausible than some of the nonsense I'm seeing in this thread lol

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

On 8/9/2022 at 8:58 PM, 109Sqn said:

And you have to wonder if that rebranding was such a wise move, given all the confusion and incorrect assumptions it seems to cause!🙄

Apart from a few people going out of their way to make those incorrect assumptions is there actually any real confusion ?

• Like 1