Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Distorted Image Sony XR5580J OLED TV nVidia Driver Update

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a Sony 55" OLED display and have encountered some issues since updating to Windows 11.  Prior to installing Windows 11 the display worked fine and I was enjoying the richness of the display qualities.  

The TV was not even recognized at first even though nothing had been changed in the settings, then finally a little progress was made but the graphics were distorted and multiple images of the same picture were displayed albeit in hues of pink, purple and blue.  I purchased a certified 48" long HDMI cable and I managed to get the display to work after changing from one HDMI port to another.

The main issue now is that I cannot update the nVidia GPU driver without the same issues repeating themselves.  It is very strange, I have never had an issue with a display since I started simming many, many moons ago.

Has anyone encountered an issue similar to this before?

Many thanks,

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

***Resolved***

A quick update, the issue has been resolved thanks to "Davenlr" over at the AVS forums who wrote:

... have you gone into the HDMI settings and enabled ENHANCED VRR mode on the port the computer is plugged into? It looks from the picture like it is getting a 120hz signal and the port is set to 60. Also make sure you are using port 3 or 4 for the computer.

That is exactly the issue that it was! Coincidentally I had a computer tech buddy over in the last hour working on a BIOS issue and he resolved it as suggested by enabling Enhanced format (VRR).  I didn't realize VRR was so crucial in allowing the display to function. It was explained to me that the BIOS screen is only 24Hz at a low resolution then suddenly switching to Windows 11 refresh and resolution in that instant caused the freezing issue on the Sony OLED TV.

Below is how the image appeared on the TV screen.

Robertspacer.png

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/