Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

XP12 to be used for professional seaplane training.

All I can say is that this should be seen as a pretty big deal for X plane. I saw the same announcement over on Thresholds. Very interesting indeed!!!.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

All I can say is that this should be seen as a pretty big deal for X plane. I saw the same announcement over on Thresholds. Very interesting indeed!!!.

Only if LR has a new forest fire effects.  

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, strider1 said:

Only if LR has a new forest fire effects.  

I won't count that out given the importance a feature like that would mean to professional users. However I also believe that it could be a function provided by the 3PD utilizing the particle systems to generate the smoke effects blowing in the wind utilizing the new weather system that would impacting visual and on the aircraft itself.  Especially with the heat generated from the fires and how it develops its own weather like it does irl, with unpredictable consequences. Will have to see how granular they are willing to go into that type of detail if that is their aim. 

Edited by BobFS88
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

I won't count that out given the importance a feature like that would mean to professional users. However I also believe that it could be a function provided by the 3PD utilizing the particle systems to generate the smoke effects blowing in the wind utilizing the new weather system that would impacting visual and on the aircraft itself.  Especially with the heat generated from the fires and how it develops its own weather like it does irl, with unpredictable consequences. Will have to see how granular they are willing to go into that type of detail if that is their aim. 

Its sounds like Pretoria is doing exactly that! I wonder if their plugin will be available for the sim hobbyist, probably not.  

"Pretoria is designing the wildfire landscape with adjustable features such as fire size, wind direction, speed of growth, intensity, and smoke behavior."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Very interesting use of XP12.

I hope an upgraded Canadair CL415 for XP12 sim users will become available. It is a great looking aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

18 hours ago, strider1 said:

Its sounds like Pretoria is doing exactly that! I wonder if their plugin will be available for the sim hobbyist, probably not.  

I let Pretoria speak on that one (lol). But I don't think it would be inconceivable them or someone to make a consumer version or make a pro version available for purchase.  The only question is what they would charge for it. Sometimes professional software can be a little pricey depending on how much is in it but usually never stop someone from buying it if they have the cash.

• Upvote 1

15+ years ago i put some time in a CL215 and the organization (Cdn Provincial gov't) had built a sim using XP of the time for both the CL215 and the C310 birdog. Visual was provided with 5 -  50" plasma tv displays for each sim - approx 180 degrees visual coverage. Cockpits were built for both. it was an effective training tool as i went from this sim to flight training and in 10 hours or slightly less in the aircraft including check ride I had a PPC and was IFR qualified in it. Interestingly both the 215 and 310 could fly in the same "airspace" at the same time for fire suppression familiarization. It was great to get back in the saddle after not flying all winter which for some was 6 months.

Retired now but still interested in this type of flying I'd like to see this 415 sim set up sometime. Be great if a good CL415 was to be available for XP12.

I suspect this will be a very good training tool.

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, Murmur said:

Aerial firefighters will use XP12 and VR to train on the Canadair CL415:

That's made my day. 😂

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

That's made my day. 😂

Risus abundat in ore stultorum. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

18 hours ago, Murmur said:

Risus abundat in ore stultorum. 🤷‍♂️

Grammatically incorrect. Google translate is hopeless with Latin. Plain speaking is better.

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Grammatically incorrect. Google translate is hopeless with Latin. Plain speaking is better.

I do believe more in Murmur's competence in Latin because he's Italian...

As far as your comment goes, I didn't quite understand it ? Do you have a better option than the CL-415 for most forest fire scenarios when smaller tankers aren't sufficient ? I know in the USA they even use modified 744s and MD11s, and in Russia there's the Beriev Be-200, but for instance here in Portugal we use the CL-415 too when the Dromader or the helis don't have the required capacity.

OTOH helicopters are also used around here and at least one trainning center uses XP for helicopter trainning for fire fighting, with a rather detailled scenery of some of the critical areas. An helicopter pilot I once exchanged some ideas with had a full ( expensive ) helicopter mockup at home and was using XP with it since XP9.

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

17 minutes ago, jcomm said:

I do believe more in Murmur's competence in Latin because he's Italian...

As far as your comment goes, I didn't quite understand it ? Do you have a better option than the CL-415 for most forest fire scenarios when smaller tankers aren't sufficient ? I know in the USA they even use modified 744s and MD11s, and in Russia there's the Beriev Be-200, but for instance here in Portugal we use the CL-415 too when the Dromader or the helis don't have the required capacity.

OTOH helicopters are also used around here and at least one trainning center uses XP for helicopter trainning for fire fighting, with a rather detailled scenery of some of the critical areas. An helicopter pilot I once exchanged some ideas with had a full ( expensive ) helicopter mockup at home and was using XP with it since XP9.

XP12 has not been released. So how can any one state that it will be used for training without evaluating its suitability first? Blind faith and sycophancy are a dangerous combination it seems to me.

Vor 51 Minuten sagte Jarmstro:

XP12 wurde nicht veröffentlicht. Wie kann man also sagen, dass es für die Ausbildung verwendet wird, ohne vorher seine Eignung zu prüfen? Blinder Glaube und Speichelleckerei sind eine gefährliche Kombination, wie mir scheint.

You should read bevor your write

Pretoria is creating digital versions of Bridger’s fleet, allowing pilots to train in a realistic environment. They are designing the plug-in for X-Plane 12 that will integrate Bridger’s aircraft and the ability to fly aerial firefighting missions. “Once it is released, X-Plane 12 will be the most realistic flight simulator engine ever made,” said Dewar. “We are working directly with the developers of X-Plane as alpha testers, fine-tuning the physics and control of the aircraft on the water.” 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My Youtube Channel

Hardware Intel i5 12600k, Gigabyte Z690 UD, Gigabyte Nvidia 3070TI Gaming OC, Corsair Vegeance RGB 32GB Kit CL16

2 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Google translate is hopeless with Latin.

Dunno about that one, Cinderella. Every search I've done so far turns up a glass slipper.

43 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

XP12 has not been released. So how can any one state that it will be used for training without evaluating its suitability first? Blind faith and sycophancy are a dangerous combination it seems to me.

Quote from article:

"They are designing the plug-in for X-Plane 12 that will integrate Bridger’s aircraft and the ability to fly aerial firefighting missions. “Once it is released, X-Plane 12 will be the most realistic flight simulator engine ever made,” said Dewar. “We are working directly with the developers of X-Plane as alpha testers, fine-tuning the physics and control of the aircraft on the water.” "

Your faith-based conclusions, generally in the face of evidence to the contrary, in combination with a refusal or inability to do homework (e.g. reading), is far more dangerous.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...