Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

90% reduction in textures

>I always thought that the chrome reflected the real>enviroment. So its just this enviroment map that we see>reflected?Yep. It's actually pretty convincing most of the time, unless you are flying across the Saraha and stop to wonder how those "mountains" are showing up in the reflections! :-sun1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>I always thought that the chrome reflected the real>>enviroment. So its just this enviroment map that we see>>reflected?>>Yep. It's actually pretty convincing most of the time, unless>you are flying across the Saraha and stop to wonder how those>"mountains" are showing up in the reflections! :-sun1 Ohh. So THAT's why I kept noticing the same reflection all the time!I thought it was just me, and too many Jack Daniels.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>>I always thought that the chrome reflected the real>>>enviroment. So its just this enviroment map that we see>>>reflected?>>>>Yep. It's actually pretty convincing most of the time,>unless>>you are flying across the Saraha and stop to wonder how>those>>"mountains" are showing up in the reflections! :-sun1 >>Ohh. So THAT's why I kept noticing the same reflection all>the time!>>I thought it was just me, and too many Jack Daniels.>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150>gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb>5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster PraetorianLOL!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I all...Thank for the heads up..First of my deepest appology for my own bad with this texture fix.My only defence is my way of thinking and by that i mean my head is still in the FS2004 world and not inside a " 6 side cube " :)I humbled asked the forum maintenence to remove the file in question so we all does not use this fix. It should not harm you comuter in anyway, but nevertheless to be on the safeside.This issue is dearly noticed and no such error will hopefully occure in the future.Please excuse my english as well.PS..The funny part would be all those users that infact did get that performance boost, but it all explained why i did not notice any increasments to be proud of.. But hey, you cannot win everytime right?Well then thank for listning to my appology Kind regards Tom Knudsen

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

>>I always thought that the chrome reflected the real>>enviroment. So its just this enviroment map that we see>>reflected?>>Yep. It's actually pretty convincing most of the time, unless>you are flying across the Saraha and stop to wonder how those>"mountains" are showing up in the reflections! :-sun1 :-lol :-lolNever mesh with cube maps it's the hart of the game reflection and color stuff ;-) Andr

André

>First of my deepest appology for my own bad with this texture>fix.>>My only defence is my way of thinking and by that i mean my>head is still in the FS2004 world and not inside a " 6 side>cube " :)Tom, your heart was in the right place, and you meant well! :-halo Besides which, I should thank you, because quite honestly until seeing this thread I'd not paid too much attention to the Global Environment textures myself. Oh, I'd read the SDK a dozen times, but about the time I got to "Cubic Environment Maps" my eyes had glazed over... *:-*So, at least I benefited from it! I now have a fuller understanding of the new FSX paradigm, and that can only be a "Good Thing..." :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator