Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Real World/ Real Time Airport Activity in MSFS??

I've been watching the KLAX arrivals & departures via LA Flights YouTube channel, [currently Live on RWY 24R-24L ], & I wondered if there are any 3rd party products that would allow me to observe KLAX RWY: 24R-24L in MSFS, in real time, & see an emulation of what is shown on YouTube, ideally down to the correct aircraft & liveries.

If so, what MSFS settings would I need to engage for this to work?

T45

14 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I wondered if there are any 3rd party products that would allow me to observe KLAX RWY: 24R-24L in MSFS, in real time, & see an emulation of what is shown on YouTube, ideally down to the correct aircraft & liveries.

https://www.lekseecon.nl/ 

You do need to buy a licence to RealTraffic for the traffic data. It's not free.

With AIG Traffic for models and liveries
https://www.alpha-india.net/

Installation guide for AIG

Here's a live stream using PSXSeecon, it's not always MSFS, but it's the same traffic injection program.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

Before launch, the MSF team said there would be live traffic based on real aircraft.  That was clearly not the case.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

37 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Before launch, the MSF team said there would be live traffic based on real aircraft.  That was clearly not the case.

No? Then I wonder what kind of magic my sim has that when I see planes landing with live traffic I check Flight Aware and the real ones are landing almost at the same time. Odd.

• Like 9

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Before launch, the MSF team said there would be live traffic based on real aircraft. 

It's based on Flightaware scheduling, so in a sense it's real time. The traffic doesn't follow real time positioning as you see with FR24 ads-b kind of thing nor does it have the aircraft models or real world liveries. So it's kinda of the case, but you have to have a good imagination.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

8 hours ago, Alvega said:

No? Then I wonder what kind of magic my sim has that when I see planes landing with live traffic I check Flight Aware and the real ones are landing almost at the same time. Odd.

Really?  I have everything turned all the way up.  I can fly into somewhere bust like NYC and be the only person around.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

10 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Really?  I have everything turned all the way up.  I can fly into somewhere bust like NYC and be the only person around.

Wait some minutes after you spawn in the airport and you'll start seeing the traffic.

When I'm landing I usually see planes coming to land too. But that depends if there are any real flights landing at that time, of course.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

On my system, at least, I can get a few real-time a/c to display on a sporadic basis, but that's about it. It seems like whatever system MSFS uses for the traffic, ADS-B coverage is poor at best. Right now at the height of the morning rush hour at KLGA, for example, there are two incoming flights for runway 22, but nothing departing or on the ground. Coverage may be especially poor on the ground due to limitations of radio reception, but something similar was observed at KATL a few minutes ago.

Looks like one needs to go the 3PD route (described above) in order to get better coverage, as well as to observe correct models and liveries. Too complex for many folks, including yours truly.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

21 minutes ago, jrw4 said:

On my system, at least, I can get a few real-time a/c to display on a sporadic basis, but that's about it. It seems like whatever system MSFS uses for the traffic, ADS-B coverage is poor at best. Right now at the height of the morning rush hour at KLGA, for example, there are two incoming flights for runway 22, but nothing departing or on the ground. Coverage may be especially poor on the ground due to limitations of radio reception, but something similar was observed at KATL a few minutes ago.

Looks like one needs to go the 3PD route (described above) in order to get better coverage, as well as to observe correct models and liveries. Too complex for many folks, including yours truly.

Just tried at LEPA and after about 10 or 15 minutes the gates were almost full and planes coming to land and takeoff one after the other, just like I was seeing in FlightAware. And with AIG textures and models installed I was seeing the correct models and liveries for all planes except one that showed up with a different livery.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

15 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

ideally down to the correct aircraft & liveries

Like already mentioned default Live Traffic has flight plans from Flightaware. However no liveries, hence you will see generic airliners that are pretty immersion breaking. Many of us are using AIG for liveries and airplane models. These can be used together with the default Live Traffic, or with offline flight plans via AIG's own Traffic Controller. Others are using RealTraffic. There are pros and cons with each of the different methods. 

There's also another option which is Aerosoft Simple Traffic, which uses real world liveries, but with the default limited airplane models. 

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

9 hours ago, Alvega said:

You neglected to mention this part in your post above:

"And with AIG textures and models installed I was seeing the correct models and liveries for all planes except one that showed up with a different livery."

So out-of-the-box MSFS doesn't provide realistic traffic because they don't include realistic liveries.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

10 hours ago, Alvega said:

What MSFS Traffic settings are you using, & Data settings?

Thanks

T45

Might I also ask the settings that others are using for GENERAL OPTIONS > TRAFFIC > GROUND AIRCRAFT DENSITY? For this test I have it set to zero, because none of those static aircraft are injected by the MSFS real-time online function.

Many thanks. I did just try KPHL (two aircraft visible) and LEPA (zero).

• Like 1

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

And so are all the others, but I guess that's the point. Or maybe there are real differences in what the servers are displaying.