Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Real World/ Real Time Airport Activity in MSFS??

3 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thank you for that great run-down. I’m planning to use AIG.

Good idea.

After you have installed AIG it is very easy to test RealTraffic+PSXT too because that works with the AIG liveries also. Then you can compare both programs your self.

Edited by kiek

3 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Thank you for that great run-down. I’m planning to use AIG. Do you suggest using the MSFS AI traffic or the AIG injector?

Does the default ATC chat with the AI traffic to liven up the radio?  What about Pilot2ATC? That’s another add-on I’m considering. 

No worries 🙂 I would prefer using the AIG injector (it's an executable called the traffic controller). The reason for that is

1)  There will generally be more AI aircraft at airports around the world, including parked aircraft (make sure to set "ground aircraft density" to zero in MSFS options)

2) since the AIG flight plans are offline, the amount of AI traffic is not dependent on the time you use your sim. 

3) the AIG traffic controller has a slider for amount of traffic which is useful if the main thread gets (too) hammered

The default ATC does indeed chat with AIG AI traffic which is a big plus IMO compared to RealTraffic. Just a note however that it can be very tricky to get your IFR and taxi clearances in at busy airports like Heathrow 😉 I set  my FO to do this. 

I haven't tried Pilot2ATC. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

RealTraffic, PSX, AIG liveries coupled with Live ATC is the most realistic and immersive route you can go. I don’t fly without it. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yes it does. They never promised real world liveries or models for the launch of the sim.

None of the advertising they did for live traffic was misleading. The official footage of online traffic that they showed before launch used the same generic models we have now. 

All these planes are MSFS live traffic.

Do not get confused. The fact that they appear on the Littlenavmap map does not mean that they work well. Planes go crazy to land, go at slow speeds in airports. Some don't take off. Others do not land. Some rotate. And many of the real planes that are captured by radar do not appear even if they are in default. The reality, my friend, is that unfortunately, actual air traffic is very poor or non-existent.
Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted images removed

18 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Yes it does. They never promised real world liveries or models for the launch of the sim.

None of the advertising they did for live traffic was misleading. The official footage of online traffic that they showed before launch used the same generic models we have now. 

All these planes are MSFS live traffic.

a.jpg
b.jpg

this is OTHH on flightradar, and the same airport at the same hour in MSFS. 10 minutes after they havent even moved.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted images removed.

When quoting another member’s post please remove any embedded images unless you’re directly referring to them. Please be considerate to others who may be reading the forum with limited bandwidth.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, alex86 said:

RealTraffic, PSX, AIG liveries coupled with Live ATC is the most realistic and immersive route you can go. I don’t fly without it. 

Can you please elaborate on how this solution is more immersive?  What does it do better than the full AIG solution with default ATC chatter?

22 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It would descend towards the runway, then ascend, do a loop an repeat. I followed it with the sim drone camera, and watched it on LittleNavMap and compared to flight aware.

Interesting, as everything I've seen is that the Real Time traffic will often use different runways, routes and altitudes. There's also just too little traffic even around NYC and large cities compared to injected traffic. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

this is OTHH on flightradar, and the same airport at the same hour in MSFS. 10 minutes after they havent even moved.

MSFS uses FlightAware, not FlightRadar. Just loaded in OTHH with live traffic and immediately planes started pushing back and taxiing to the runways. Default scenery here. And I see those flights in FlightAware.

Used Aerosoft Simple Traffic here just for the sim to load faster for this test, when I'm flying I use AIG with live traffic.

Something must be wrong with your traffic or scenery. Try with default scenery.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 hour ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Can you please elaborate on how this solution is more immersive?  What does it do better than the full AIG solution with default ATC chatter?

RealTraffic uses actual LIVE ADSB data, so if an airplane for instance has an emergency, and wants to return to the airport, PSXT will show that airplane returning to the airport based on exactly what it’s doing in real life. You’ll see airplanes following SIDS, STARs, exit runways based on what the actual airplane is doing in real life, real time taxi, holds, basically everything that the actual airplanes are doing in real life. All other AI solutions, as far as I know, are based on schedules and FlightAware data, but integrated into the standard MSFS AI code. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. 
In essence, you can listen to live atc from websites like LiveATC.net, and follow along airplanes in the sim with RealTraffic. Atc tells the airplane to turn left on B, right on K1, hold short of A, and that’s what you’ll see in the sim. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, alex86 said:

RealTraffic uses actual LIVE ADSB data, so if an airplane for instance has an emergency, and wants to return to the airport, PSXT will show that airplane returning to the airport based on exactly what it’s doing in real life. You’ll see airplanes following SIDS, STARs, exit runways based on what the actual airplane is doing in real life, real time taxi, holds, basically everything that the actual airplanes are doing in real life. All other AI solutions, as far as I know, are based on schedules and FlightAware data, but integrated into the standard MSFS AI code. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong. 
In essence, you can listen to live atc from websites like LiveATC.net, and follow along airplanes in the sim with RealTraffic. Atc tells the airplane to turn left on B, right on K1, hold short of A, and that’s what you’ll see in the sim. 

And on top of that  PSXT can populate your airport with parked aircraft at gates, with the real airline and type at that hour of the day. So no EasyJets or RyanAirs in Boston..

• Like 3

*deleted*

Edited by alex86
Accidental Double post

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Interesting, as everything I've seen is that the Real Time traffic will often use different runways, routes and altitudes. There's also just too little traffic even around NYC and large cities compared to injected traffic. 

I think the difference here was that the airport it was testing at wasn't the arrival airport listed on Flight Aware, so it wasn't been controlled by the AI, only flightaware's data.

After it was done testing the ILS it flew off and landed at the arrival airport listed on the flight plan, just like the real life aircraft.

Aircraft MSFS decides spawn is based off certain criteria, but Asobo hasn't said what they are. I think one of them is that the flight data requires an arrival airport, and maybe a departure one.

Edited by Tuskin38

7 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Do not get confused. The fact that they appear on the Littlenavmap map does not mean that they work well. Planes go crazy to land, go at slow speeds in airports. Some don't take off. Others do not land. Some rotate. And many of the real planes that are captured by radar do not appear even if they are in default. The reality, my friend, is that unfortunately, actual air traffic is very poor or non-existent.

Nothing here backs up your claim of false advertising.

7 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Pretty sure those are static models. Live traffic shows up on the VFR map like so:

LNwCRuY.png

RJTT 23:35 Zulu

8Ijwo0b.png

xFDh1wt.png

Edited by Tuskin38

11 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Nothing here backs up your claim of false advertising.

Of course. Real traffic doesn't behave like that.

Pretty sure those are static models. Live traffic shows up on the VFR map like so:

watch out! you have two planes almost stuck landing on the same runway! must be the realism of real air traffic 🙂

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted images removed.
  • Like 1