Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Real World/ Real Time Airport Activity in MSFS??

16 hours ago, abranpuko said:

watch out! you have two planes almost stuck landing on the same runway! must be the realism of real air traffic 🙂

Realism and having real traffic are two different things.

No one is denying that the AI needs work, there's serious flaws.

But we're not talking about the AI, we're talking about the sim spawning real world traffic from Flightaware.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Realism and having real traffic are two different things.

No one is denying that the AI needs work, there's serious flaws.

But we're not talking about the AI, we're talking about the sim spawning real world traffic from Flightaware.

It doesn't matter what I say, who doesn't see it: doesn't see it.
And whoever sees it, he sees it.
This world is the mixture of those two species.

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

It doesn't matter what I say, who doesn't see it: doesn't see it.
And whoever sees it, he sees it.
This world is the mixture of those two species.

The heck are you trying to say?

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

The heck are you trying to say?

... when you say "Realism and having real traffic are two different things", my opinion is: "Realism and having real traffic IS THE SAME".🙂 

Realism is the resemblance to reality.
Real traffic is the resemblance to reality.
From the moment he leaves his jetway, until he returns to it.
That's why I say that it doesn't matter what I say, because everyone sees in "realism" what they want.

😎

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, Alvega said:

For traffic I have "Real-time online" with "Ground aircraft density" set to zero. In data I have "Live real-world air traffic" ON.

I tried your settings at KLAX  & after leaving it 'on' for 2 hours came back to find very few aircraft at the gates & only 1 taking off.

Nothing landed within 1/2 an hour.

I wonder if there is another setting I am missing?

For instance, do you have "Multiplayer" On?

T45

Edited by Treetops45

21 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I tried your settings at KLAX  & after leaving it 'on' for 2 hours came back to find very few aircraft at the gates & only 1 taking off.

Nothing landed within 1/2 an hour.

I wonder if there is another setting I am missing?

For instance, do you have "Multiplayer" On?

T45

No, multiplayer off.

Are you trying with default scenery? I've had situations with addon sceneries that seem to have problems with the taxiways connections and holding points, where AI planes can't get to to and from the runways on don't even leave the gates. Don't know if that is your case. 

It also depends on the time, if you check during local nigh time many airports have few or no traffic. You need to open FlightAware site on the browser to compare.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

32 minutes ago, Alvega said:

No, multiplayer off.

Are you trying with default scenery? I've had situations with addon sceneries that seem to have problems with the taxiways connections and holding points, where AI planes can't get to to and from the runways on don't even leave the gates. Don't know if that is your case. 

It also depends on the time, if you check during local nigh time many airports have few or no traffic. You need to open FlightAware site on the browser to compare.

Its a 3rd party KLAX.

I'll try an Asobo airport.

Thanks

T45

On 8/4/2022 at 8:48 AM, Alvega said:

Just tried at LEPA and after about 10 or 15 minutes the gates were almost full and planes coming to land and takeoff one after the other, just like I was seeing in FlightAware. And with AIG textures and models installed I was seeing the correct models and liveries for all planes except one that showed up with a different livery.

I tried LEPA & watched aircraft arriving on Flight Aware & changed the MSFS time to match FA/Mallorca, but alas no landings in MSFS.

But I don't have AIG models installed. Could that be the missing piece of the puzzle?

T45 

20 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

I tried LEPA & watched aircraft arriving on Flight Aware & changed the MSFS time to match FA/Mallorca, but alas no landings in MSFS.

But I don't have AIG models installed. Could that be the missing piece of the puzzle?

T45 

if you have generics enabled in the Sim you should see the same live airplanes in it. AIG only provides the "visual" upgraded content compared to the default generic stuff

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

On 8/4/2022 at 1:33 PM, Dave_YVR said:

It doesn't use real time positioning in any way at all. The real time traffic option in msfs is just using the Flight Aware  flightplan schedule info. The traffic will not follow sids, stars, airways or the same altitudes as their real world counterparts.

Thanks so much for the explanation. Could I ask for a reference for where this is stated.

Cheers.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

11 hours ago, jrw4 said:

Could I ask for a reference for where this is stated.

It is just from my own observational reference of seeing them in the sim and comparing them with real trackers. AC892, for instance just now arriving in LIRF. IRL it landed on 16L, in the sim using the real time traffic, it landed on 16R. It was also way too slow and low while on long final, much slower than the real aircraft. Just yesterday I was watching real time AI at VHHH, NONE of them followed a sid of any sort, it was just very erratic flight. While spotting at JFK, the landing and departure order was nowhere near the real world sequence. It's not a big deal to be honest, but it's certainly NOT injecting real time based positional information.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

10 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

This AIG - what is it and where do I get it?

AIG installs a huge collection of real world liveries, airplane models and flight plans. To get started, download "AIG manager" from their website here: http://www.alpha-india.net/

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

AIG installs a huge collection of real world liveries, airplane models and flight plans. To get started, download "AIG manager" from their website here: http://www.alpha-india.net/

Thanks! I just went to download it and it says "currently online" (clicking the link gives a 404 error). That's a bummer, but I'm guessing this is just some temporary server maintenance or something. I'll bookmark the page for later.

Question - are the aircraft models performance-friendly or more detailed like flyable aircraft, or better yet, do users get to choose?

2 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

Thanks! I just went to download it and it says "currently online" (clicking the link gives a 404 error). That's a bummer, but I'm guessing this is just some temporary server maintenance or something. I'll bookmark the page for later.

Question - are the aircraft models performance-friendly or more detailed like flyable aircraft, or better yet, do users get to choose?

Just go with the beta https://www.alpha-india.net/aigfiles/files/Software/AIG_AIManager_1.1.zip

I find that AIG at 100% is unplayable for me. It can be quite the resource-hog at large hubs. But even with say 70% there's lots of traffic both in the air and on the ground. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”