Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Is there a Kai tak available?

I’m in the mood to try something new and would like to try to fly the 737-600 into the old kai tak airport. Can anyone recommend a Kai tak scenery, as I’m extremely unfamiliar with this area of the world, can someone also recommend where I should depart from (looking for something within an hour ish. Shorter if possible)

Cheers! 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

https://secure.simmarket.com/model-instruments-kai-tak-1998-the-last-days-are-back-msfs.phtml

Superspud has a different freeware version on flightsim.to

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The simmarket version. At 2:22 you can see the checkerboard. In those days first class passengers could enjoy treats like a small jazz combo on a little stage.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Flew into Kai Tak twice in the 70’s In a VC10 .Remember looking out my window at people having their meals on their balcony’s just before touchdown.  My school was  directly under the final  teachers often had to pause due to the noise.😎

Edited by Bozdog
  • Like 2

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Ali501 has returned - latest version is April 2022. I believe many of the earlier problems are reduced or eliminated.   I suggest you give it a try at Flightsim.to. 

• Upvote 1

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

3 hours ago, Bozdog said:

Flew into Kai Tak twice in the 70’s In a VC10 .Remember looking out my window at people having their meals on their balcony’s just before touchdown.  My school was  directly under the final  teachers often had to pause due to the noise.😎

I remember seeing the Simpsons on someone's TV as I went round the turn on one trip into there mid 90's

• Like 2

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Hi,

I love Kai Tak but I am wondering about Navdata if one wants to land or takeoff with a modern airliner such as Fenix or PMDG ? Are the procedures available on the FMC ?

Pierre

Is the SimMarket purchase Kai Tak 1998 the last days are back all that is needed?

I seen mention of the SamScene3D Hong Kong City in one of the reviews?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

If you need a real short flight into Kai Tak then VMMC (Macau) or ZGGG (Canton), both right next door. A bit silly-close but great to practice approaches over and over if that is your objective 😛 

A little further away could be ZJSY (Sanya, on Hainan Island, PRC) 1 hr flight max, or RCTP (Taoyuan Int'l, Taipei) and RPLL (Manila, Philippines) at around the 90min mark.

RPLL / VHHH and RCTP / VHHH are my fav "killing time" routes driving a bus.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow

Edited by TooLowTooSlow

This is an excellent rendition of KaiTak:

https://secure.simmarket.com/model-instruments-kai-tak-1998-the-last-days-are-back-msfs.phtml

It worth every penny

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

12 hours ago, Pochi said:

Hi,

I love Kai Tak but I am wondering about Navdata if one wants to land or takeoff with a modern airliner such as Fenix or PMDG ? Are the procedures available on the FMC ?

Pierre

The last time I checked, Navigraph includes the SIDs/STARs and final approaches in its data, so the airport and data show up in FMCs that use it. Simbrief recognizes Kai Tak (VHHX) as an airport and will generate flightplans to and from it.  But Navigraph's charts do not include it as an arrival or departure airport. 

The frequency/course for the offset IGS approach to Runway 13 is 111.9/088.  Sometimes the FMC doesn't set it even when you select the correct approach, so you may have to set it manually.

Edited by Mike777
Approach information.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Disclaimer: I am the developer of the linked Kai Tak 1998 scenery...

23 hours ago, Pochi said:

I love Kai Tak but I am wondering about Navdata if one wants to land or takeoff with a modern airliner such as Fenix or PMDG ? Are the procedures available on the FMC

The sids and stars from the ivao chart pdf are included in the airport package and are therefore part of the sim's database. I don't have the Fenix but the PMDG does "see" that navigation data and the approaches and departures can be selected in the FMC.

22 hours ago, vonmar said:

Is the SimMarket purchase Kai Tak 1998 the last days are back all that is needed?

I seen mention of the SamScene3D Hong Kong City in one of the reviews?

If you just want to fly to the airport, my package is all you need. Samscenes Hong Kong city just recreates all the iconic buildings of the cityscape around Victoria Harbor. It only is compatible with the airport scenery if the exclusion package from Samscenes website is used. Also for my taste Hong Kongs cityscape from 2020 or so is not a 100% fit for the 20 years older Kai Tak airport.

2 hours ago, mrueedi said:

If you just want to fly to the airport, my package is all you need.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and answer.

I have purchased your VHHX [SimMarket] as I just needed the airport in MSFS 2020.

Installation and first look around went without any problems.

You have done an excellent job.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 2

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks all for advices ! I think I will try the payware scenery 

Pierre