Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

v1.27.13.0 New beta build today!

7 minutes ago, Dankovic said:

Yes... still blurry displays with dlls in dx11 and dx12.

Bad sttuters while panning inside Fenix A320 cockipt.

Yeah, the patch notes didn't mention they fixed the blurry glass panels with DLSS on.  Oh well, I don't know if they will fix it before SU 10 is released in a few weeks.  Maybe it will be a fix for SU 11.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

A lot of people are reporting when DLSS is used, the glass panels on the Garmin and other systems are blurry.  Are the glass panels blurry for you?

I think this affects people running less than 4k. The display on the G1000 looks good to me.

• Like 3

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

12 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Yes, we should give feedback to Asobo that we like longer beta tests like this. 

I think Asobo has always been on board with more infrequent updates, but Jorg let his enthusiasm get the best of him. This is a quote from his interview in June:

"Jorg: Look, we had energy at launch, but it was still sort of like, okay, we need to listen a lot, we need to act a lot, and we need to try to be as adaptive as we can be. So I more or less arbitrarily said, “let’s do an update a month.” And I remember the team saying, “what are you talking about? It’s not possible.”...But the product is so big, you can’t test everything. It’s not possible. So we added a week ‘flight’, which basically meant to get feedback, but we can’t fix it because, by the time the week is over, the thing is already coming out. "

Source: https://fselite.net/content/interview-jorg-neumann-on-the-40th-anniversary-of-microsoft-flight-simulator/

• Like 3

Yes, DLSS + 4K does not give blurry glass panels. 

• Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

43 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Fixed a scenario where haze layer could show up abruptly

Oh wow! They're making good use of the time available to them and access to the beta makes the longer wait a non issue 🙂

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

With the DX12 optimizations removed, I've now lost all the performance improvements that came with SU10. 😞

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Blurriness with DLSS doesn't just apply to MSFS. It's been a pretty big disappointment for a lot of people, it seems, across all games. Someone behind the design and development of DLSS at NVIDIA, in an interview, said it was intended for people with high resolution and low frame rate. The resolution target for the super computer machine learning behind it was 4K; they didn't get the AI to consider lower resolutions. Explains those running at 4K native don't have the issue. Also, DLSS apparently only activates under very specific frame conditions, he said.

But he also suggested they will aim to improve it in future...

So anyway, it doesn't sound like something Asobo can resolve at all.

This was probably why Seb was reluctant to even bother with it all those months ago. Something about it doesn't give us the numbers we need, he said.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, rjquick said:

You can toggle the taxi ribbon 'in game' now with SU10?

Taxi ribbon and name plates, once you set a key binding for each.

Edited by Simple B
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, David Mills said:

With the DX12 optimizations removed, I've now lost all the performance improvements that came with SU10. 😞

Well, DX12 memory management optimization for NVIDIA cards specifically. Don't worry, it's better to remove it completely now to eliminate the graphics glitches while they communicate with NVIDIA to hopefully resolve the issue. I doubt it's removed permanently, although may be pushed to a later update.

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 2

I'm running native 4k with 3080ti and DLSS blurs the screens on A32NX, Fenix, and PMDG planes compared to TAA...it's a night and day difference.  Anyone who doesn't see this needs to have their eyes checked.  I mean this shouldn't even be arguable it's so obvious and so widely reported.

19 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Explains those running at 4K native don't have the issue.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ryan

3 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

I'm running native 4k with 3080ti and DLSS blurs the screens on A32NX, Fenix, and PMDG planes compared to TAA...it's a night and day difference.  Anyone who doesn't see this needs to have their eyes checked.  I mean this shouldn't even be arguable it's so obvious and so widely reported.

I was just taking those users' word for it about seeing no blur. Either way, just as you're experiencing, blurriness is an issue across potentially all games that support it since day one of DLSS launch. But it is apparently better for those at native 4K, as admitted by the developer from NVIDIA, for the reason I mentioned.

Whether NVIDIA will need to run specific games through their AI to improve it and release driver updates for those games, who knows.

• Like 2

can the frame rate mini be made to be auto dont know much about command line etc

thanks

jeff storey