REX Wx Force 2020

6 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

I'm new to your products.

Where do I find Tech Update 4.0?

Thanks.

REX Axis App or Axis website

tpewpb-6.png

On 8/4/2022 at 9:11 PM, Alvega said:

AS is based on metar only, MSFS uses new technology based on a global weather model from Meteoblue and only use metars around airports. If done right, this will be much better than AS did in other sims. I think that's probably the main reason they don't want to open it for 3PD.

I get your point but MSFS was released two years ago and the weather still shows inaccuracies observable in everyday use. CBs for example are not modeled at all and i miss the wind varieties AS gave me in FSX.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:49 AM, Soulflight said:

I get your point but MSFS was released two years ago and the weather still shows inaccuracies observable in everyday use. CBs for example are not modeled at all and i miss the wind varieties AS gave me in FSX.

Just to give an example from today, I just loaded up a flight at Santa Marta, Colombia (SKSM) and official METAR reported 3kts of wind from south. In MSFS life weather there was such a strong storm it blew my twin otter off airfield right after load-up despite parking brakes being set. No IRL indictation whatsoever given that there currently are such winds in this area. I texted my friend who lives there and he is laying on the beach......

Edited by Soulflight

On 8/4/2022 at 5:25 PM, Virtual-Chris said:

My understanding is that it does a good job locally (for VFR) but fails to transition well over longer distances (E.g airliners). Is that your experience also?

Absolutely not, it is great for airliners. You will see a greater cloud variety with Rex.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

57 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Absolutely not, it is great for airliners. You will see a greater cloud variety with Rex.

Is REX now finally capable of showing two fully different sky coverages on a single sky inside the sim? If not, still a no go for me...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Is REX now finally capable of showing two fully different sky coverages on a single sky inside the sim? If not, still a no go for me...

I humbly believe that needs a bit more explanation....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

I think you are asking if Rex has become a local weather injector then no.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

12 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I humbly believe that needs a bit more explanation....

I believe it is a request for someone who owns REX Weather Force to state whether it can display a weather front in MSFS. Or does Weather Force take the METAR of the nearest wx station and apply it 'globally' (that is to say, show the same conditions everywhere within the viewable radius from the user aircraft)?

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 8/4/2022 at 11:33 AM, Cognita said:

Asobo has pretty firmly said no, it will not be opened up. And someone with insight said essentially that the way the whole weather system has been deigned it would not be possible to do this without substantial redesign work, and that is just not going to happen.

And that’s why MSFS weather is dead on arrival. What a joke, quitting right before the finish line. Amateurs. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

So are you just here to bait? 

2 minutes ago, Sethos said:

I come here every so often to see if there is any progress on what’s important to me in a sim, ( and sometimes there are some) but usually not.  Which is in effect in my opinion classic Asobo. and I will state as such! 

Whether you view that as bait is for you to decide!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

I believe it is a request for someone who owns REX Weather Force to state whether it can display a weather front in MSFS. Or does Weather Force take the METAR of the nearest wx station and apply it 'globally' (that is to say, show the same conditions everywhere within the viewable radius from the user aircraft)?

Exactly this. Using real weather in MSFS, this is possible. Means, if you take off from an airport, above this airport you have clear skies and some miles out, already visible from ground, a weather front is coming that has almost overskies condition. You can then fly over this front and back if you like. As far as I know, REX is not capable of depicting this using real weather, only using presets...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Exactly this. Using real weather in MSFS, this is possible. Means, if you take off from an airport, above this airport you have clear skies and some miles out, already visible from ground, a weather front is coming that has almost overskies condition. You can then fly over this front and back if you like. As far as I know, REX is not capable of depicting this using real weather, only using presets...

Initially you will see clear sky.  Over time the clouds will increase just as with MSFS Live weather, but the weather will transition between each weather area.  Rex has done this cleverly because the transitions can happen slowly so the cloud change is gradual.  Rex can depict more cloud types in Live weather than default, so despite its drawbacks I currently use it for my weather injection.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Initially you will see clear sky.   

And exactly this is my issue with REX. At least here in central Europe, the predominant weather is non-uniform skies where you can almost always see one or another weather front. Then, on top of that, when flying over the Alps, very often you have fair weather on one side and overcast on the other side of the mountains. And of course you see this when flying over the Alps. This is impossible with REX using the very same model until the horizon and only gradually adapting. 

Greetings, Chris

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

And exactly this is my issue with REX. At least here in central Europe, the predominant weather is non-uniform skies where you can almost always see one or another weather front. Then, on top of that, when flying over the Alps, very often you have fair weather on one side and overcast on the other side of the mountains. And of course you see this when flying over the Alps. This is impossible with REX using the very same model until the horizon and only gradually adapting. 

A very fair point. Both REX and MSFS live weather both have negatives.  At least we have a choice with weather.  Those who want the local weather above all else can use MSFS Live weather.  Those, like me, who value cloud variety and aerosol effects have Rex.  I too value the local nature of Default Live weather, but I value cloud depiction more.

• Like 2