Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

What do you miss from FS9...

Guest Shalomar

... That is not in FSX??? Off the top of my head, I miss the Caravan Amphib and the "previous flight" option.Best regards, Donald Traill:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

I miss flying near major cities. My system crawls to under 10 fps near major cities. Why wasn't one of the ACES project goals "stop stuffing polygons when FSX becomes unusable". LOL.Bob..

Really good framerates :-) . - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Those ugly swirling textures of colored ground mud, and cartoonville houses trying to hide the ugly mud..................but they were at higher frame rates! :-lol L.Adamson

Dreamfleet's Beech A36. And that's all, really...

If you still have FS9, it's pretty easy to move all the planes over from FS9 to FSX. Just copy over the airplane directories to wherever you want them in FSX, and make sure you have all the gauges and effects from the respective directories (review thier panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files) and you should be good to go. I created a directory on my systems called FSXSimObjectsFS9 and made a reference to the directory in FSX.cfg. I've uploaded thumbnails for the "forgotten" FS9 aircraft to the library (except the 777 and 737-400).Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

1. Active Camera2. afcad3. Applies only to post SP1 (Less Blurries)This is not to give the impression that FS9 is better than FSX. So here are the things I would miss in FS9 If I have to drop FSX.1. Amazing Water.2. Bloom effects3. Better weather depiction (this is so important)4. Higher resolution photo texture (But I see that high res is possible in fS9 too. Check Blue Sky project. So not sure..what the heck this is.What I am really yet to see/realize the benefit of... is Round Earth. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

1. FSPassengers2. FSNav (yes, FSC is out there for FSX, but it's just not the "same")3. Consistent performance.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>>What I am really yet to see/realize the benefit of... is Round>Earth. >In the past, you'd see references of wanting the ability to fly to the north and south poles. I figure the "round earth" would solve this problem. But I have not tried, to really know.L.Adamson

Guest RonB49

>... That is not in FSX??? Off the top of my head, I miss the>Caravan Amphib and the "previous flight" option.>The latest version of FSUIPC gives back your "previous flight" files. I have the payware version so I don't know if the freeware version does so or not.I miss AFCAD.R-

>Dreamfleet's Beech A36. And that's all, really...Yep, that was one of my favorite FS9 planes... And Emma ! And Orcas Island !And that's it ;) Heiko