Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

What do you miss from FS9...

Jeez! You know, MD - I didn't even notice that! There was definitely lighting on the port side - that's an area of Salt Lake that is barren in FS9 - so I saw that, and then took a shot of the city side! Duh!. 'Course there's not too much time, with two hundred to go, hanging out the side with a camera! This is an FSX issue, isn't it? Has this happened to anyone else? :-hmmm (going off topic. . .)EDIT - from a concurrent post; re the visibility of stars in FSX:-

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest CDAhmedEH

No blurries...

Guest jshyluk

I don't really miss FS9 all that much. If anything, I miss my PMDG 737, but that's more of a PMDG thing than a MS thing, I guess. PMDG build up an incredible reputation with the 737, so I get a little misty-eyed when I see that the 737 upgrade seems to be at the botom of their priority list... mind you, I've mostly sworn off the heavies anyway. FSX is a lot of fun for VFR flights, which I never did do much in FS9. Jeff ShylukAvsim Product Reviewer

I used to be a moderately "Big Iron" guy - Dreamfleet 727, FS passengers and FS Nav, Jeff, but - although the developers in a number of increasingly ancient posts say they're working on them - I've just lost faith and can't believe it. It was quite a thrill to be able to shut down after a long and successful flight with, perhaps 94 passengers, serving drinks, food, showing a movie, all the time under the pressure of a flight plan/schedule, reading the report at the end: this scenario is the one REAL thing I miss, and I don't think we'll see it again. All the rest - the visuals, the frames, the new aircraft, new weather - they're all here or are finally coming.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

>>I miss the feeling that I actually owned a copy of the>software.>I will always have my PAID FOR copy of FS9 (unless they built>an expiration date into it)>but I recently had computer problems (motherboard failure) and>that ate>up one of my two free activations.>>I feel like I'm precariously renting FSX.>>I dont like the feeling.>I hate to break it to you, but 99% of all software is licensed, and you agree to an End User License Agreement (EULA) that provides you the rights to use the software. You own nothing and the owner of the copyright can terminate your license if you violate the agreement. You may not like it or agree with it, but it's fact.

I miss nothing at all from FS9, because I use both FS9 and FSX, and continue to enjoy the strengths of each. For me, it's usually the other way around. When I use FS9, after using FSX for a while, I miss the higher resolution ground textures and terrain mesh, but there are just more add-ons for FS9, and performance is a bit better overall due to the lower resolution.

- Cessna Caravan Amphibian (esp after the Caravan was renovated for FSX).- Rain Drops on windscreen.- Snow looked better in FS9 IMHO.Hope some of this can come back via the DX10 update, but I'm not holding my breath.Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

I really don't miss much at all from FS9Perhaps the Northern lights effects? Aurora Borealis?Perhaps this is in FSX though? it was way over shown in FS9, the real lights don't happen so much.

I think that if I had not spent so much money on FS9, I wouldn't miss it but, I have. That's why I will continue to use FS9 as well as FSX.Ther's no reason why you shouldn't enjoy both.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest smilinpete

I miss being able to see origin/destination info for my voluminous AI traffic and being able to cycle through external views of the traffic aircraft using ctrl/w. It was informative and helped to pass the time on long flights.Or am I just missing how to enable this in FSX??

>>>>>I miss the feeling that I actually owned a copy of>the>>software.>>I will always have my PAID FOR copy of FS9 (unless they>built>>an expiration date into it)>>but I recently had computer problems (motherboard failure)>and>>that ate>>up one of my two free activations.>>>>I feel like I'm precariously renting FSX.>>>>I dont like the feeling.>>>>I hate to break it to you, but 99% of all software is>licensed, and you agree to an End User License Agreement>(EULA) that provides you the rights to use the software. You>own nothing and the owner of the copyright can terminate your>license if you violate the agreement. You may not like it or>agree with it, but it's fact.Thank you for pointing that out, neil. Did you notice that I used the word'feeling' instead of the word 'fact'?

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

>>>>>>>>I miss the feeling that I actually owned a copy of>>the>>>software.>>>I will always have my PAID FOR copy of FS9 (unless they>>built>>>an expiration date into it)>>>but I recently had computer problems (motherboard failure)>>and>>>that ate>>>up one of my two free activations.>>>>>>I feel like I'm precariously renting FSX.>>>>>>I dont like the feeling.>>>>>>>I hate to break it to you, but 99% of all software is>>licensed, and you agree to an End User License Agreement>>(EULA) that provides you the rights to use the software. >You>>own nothing and the owner of the copyright can terminate>your>>license if you violate the agreement. You may not like it>or>>agree with it, but it's fact.>>>Thank you for pointing that out, neil. Did you notice that I>used the word>'feeling' instead of the word 'fact'?>Sorry. I guess you do a lot of "feeling". ;)

Guest 3ra_Luke

>I miss being able to see origin/destination info for my>voluminous AI traffic and being able to cycle through external>views of the traffic aircraft using ctrl/w. It was informative>and helped to pass the time on long flights.>Or am I just missing how to enable this in FSX??> Search in fsx.cfg the lines:[AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=0ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=0ShowLabelAltitude=0ShowLabelAirline=0ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=1ShowLabelFlightPlan=1 <------------Change this one to "1"ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=0ShowLabelHeading=0LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF0000Enjoy!

I really miss "Fixed Spot View", - enabled you to turn your aircraft in Spot View without your view doing the same. Would be a great thing to have now because of the altered engine sounds depending on your viewing angle. But maybe thats the reason they dropped it; something to do with the sound being messed up...(?)best regards

Guest Shalomar

How could I have forgotten rain on the windshield? Operating wipers on the Aeroworx B200 and the Flight 1 Atr will be pretty redundant...Best Regards, Donald T. :-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.