Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

What do you miss from FS9...

>... the circle of life: just change release number and keep>the complaints the same.>>--Yes, and we have threads like this one, polluting the forum of the next version of the sim no less. And that thread keeps getting resurrected every 3 months...until the NEXT version of the sim comes out. Then it starts over again. :DRhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

What? How did I miss that Bill....??(scratching head to look for it right now...)

Guest tmilton

>And where I could adjust the distance>from the airplane from the menuCorrect, in FS9 the "View Options" from the menu allowed you to enter precisely the distance and altitude from your plane:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176619.jpgNote that I directly entered 40 feet for the distance and 15 feet for the altitude. Allowing you to precisely enter your preferred distance and altitude was a great feature in FS9. Unfortunately the ability to do this in FSX is gone.

Guest Gemini76

>>And where I could adjust the distance>>from the airplane from the menu>>Correct, in FS9 the "View Options" from the menu allowed you>to enter precisely the distance and altitude from your plane:>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176619.jpg>>Note that I directly entered 40 feet for the distance and 15>feet for the altitude. Allowing you to precisely enter your>preferred distance and altitude was a great feature in FS9. >Unfortunately the ability to do this in FSX is gone.I used to set the type to fixed and checked the gradual transition. The altitude was adjustable with the normal "pan stick". Just loved when you could se from the outside as the autopilot turned and stuff. No it's only the sky and ground that moved.

Thanks guys, installing as we speak.I can now remove on of the items on my list....fantastic ;)

Hey, I'm glad this thread existed. It got me back to working with EditVoicePack in FSX.I don't see this as an anti-FSX thread at all....but a help thread, (at least for me), and perhaps a 'sounding board' regarding items we would like to be implemented or re-implemented.

Guest unitedpilot36

I miss raindrops.

Guest danny68

This is an interesting post because although it's not an anti-FSX thread what we miss is how it's worded.Not really balanced is this?Now if the thread asked what was better then given time Emma field and all the other add on's would be better. It takes a while for things to catch up. I'm forward thinking by nature and don't like to get stuck in the past. I like adventure, discovery and that feeling that comes with making things work.So what do I miss.Haven't even thought of this really. What I like about FSX is the much improved flight dynamics and realism. I fly real airplanes and this is much better than FSX in my opinion.I live the improved visuals on ground textures. Yes I loved GE PRO with FS9 but the default FSX textures are better and should be as they are 16 times more detailed. Wow!Water looks tons better to again add more feeling of being there. Sky now graduates (though I do suspect some add on packages won't get this subtle thing right - I've tried some and they don't. Not saying which ones but for now I'm sticking with default sky until I can see some real improvements)You can see birds now and moving boats and cars. All this adds so much of a feeling of realism.All this costs performance and yet I still get good performance on my 6600 + series 7 card.I can't honestly think of anything that I miss anymore than things I missed when FS9 came out and I had to wait for Nav etc to be released.As far as FSX is concerned I don't miss anything from FS9. Raindrops and con trails are so minor to me I didn't even know I was missing them to be honest.Bottom line missing nothing other than a whole bunch of add on's I'll buy over the next couple of years. It's buying those add on's that makes this whole hobby such fun.Dan

Guest santv

1 Framerates 2 no bluries 3 Framerates4 No tweaks 5 Framerates 6 less redbull air race and more framerates 7 .........Currently i don

Guest Gemini76

Well if I should list what I like about FSX, this would be:1. Love the new sun/sky. The sun is actually covered by the clouds, and sometimes find some tunnels down to your plane through the clouds. Also the new clouds looks much better, and much more realistic.2. The ocean looks better and more real, and I don't have to change language settings in XP to English to get the reflections, like I had to in FS9.3. The turbulence feels much better, and I really think the headmove thing makes it feel even more real.4. Plane reflections, textures and shadows are fenomenal.Still haven't seen any birds in freeflight though. Saw plenty in the demo.