Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Bijan Seasons trees

5 hours ago, BBCM said:

In FSX and P3D, there was was the fine art of scenery library loading: items set higher in the scenery library would over-write those set below. Is there any way of doing that in the MSFS Community folder?  Would changing the Bijan or Orbx folder names, so you changed their alphabetical ordering in the Community folder, make any difference?

Sorry if that's a dumb idea, I'm still learning all the ins and outs of MSFS.

-Bob

PS: given all the new sceneries coming into MSFS these days, I'm surprised this isn't happening more often.  

This is easily manageable by a scenery dev.  If ORBX didn't want stock vegetation there, they would have placed a veg exclusion polygon there, and then handplaced tree models. Instead, they decided to just use a generic area of autogen.  Thus, this area isn't ORBX's work... it's a generic area of default sim autogen veg.

The entire purpose of Bijan's mod is to modify generic areas of sim autogen veg.  These areas aren't custom scenery, though custom scenery can contain them.  I've built sceneries both ways - using autogen when I wasn't concerned about exact veg models (though I always test with and without Bijan's and have always preferred the Bijan's results); and using autogen exclusion polygons and handplacing veg models when I wanted total control. 

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

10 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

What is it you don't understand? He's messing with other peoples work.

I understand what you're saying, what I don't understand is how you're expecting a single Dev to check *every single* paid & free airport for tree clashes. That's a monumental task in itself, wouldn't you agree? (Rhetorical question)

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I made a dream...
A forum without aggressiveness where people can ask a question without triggering a sterile controversy each time.

• Like 5

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

All Ron is saying is that you would think addon airports would have there mods locked into them. So any out side mod would not change things like the trees. The airport has clearly been moded to look good.

Can you not see his point or is it just easier to lay into him!

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

13 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

I don't expect him to overwrite other peoples work. If you were a scenery maker and took the trouble to make things right, would you be happy for some to come along and change things? This is an add-on airport not an Asobo default.

The trees you are talking about are Asobo's trees, which Bijan replaces, You don't like it, uninstall his product, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

@Ron Attwood Try emailing Bijan directly. He used to take requests to make changes. He already has custom made Cyprus trees places in Tuscany, Italy. Maybe he can place custom trees for you at this airport. Worth a shot.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

@Ron Attwood Try emailing Bijan directly. He used to take requests to make changes. He already has custom made Cyprus trees places in Tuscany, Italy. Maybe he can place custom trees for you at this airport. Worth a shot.

Exactly. Dramatic tempest in a teapot: where even a slight bit of research before the OP posted would have shown that this developer specifically invites requests for modifications of specific areas if you have an addressable concern.

but the really cool thing about this is the possibility to specifically ask Bijan to enhance some location and have that introduced in the product with no further cost.

All requests should be sent directly to Bijan (bijanstudiola@gmail.com). These can range from asking for boats to be added to a specific marina or shoreline, to enhance an existing island or add missing rock formations, enhance trees in specific locations, and more.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

13 hours ago, BBCM said:

In FSX and P3D, there was was the fine art of scenery library loading: items set higher in the scenery library would over-write those set below. Is there any way of doing that in the MSFS Community folder?

I really really hope we can avoid this, as it's an exceptionally time-consuming way of making your xxxx addons display properly. The fact that we don't have to fiddle with scenery loading order is IMO one of the blessings of MSFS compared to other sims. 

• Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 hours ago, David Roch said:

I made a dream...
A forum without aggressiveness where people can ask a question without triggering a sterile controversy each time.

Good luck with that - Internet Forums since the 1990s 😄

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

There is no method (that I am aware of) in MSFS for him to resolve the conflict, he couldn't make the addon otherwise.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

6 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

There is no method (that I am aware of) in MSFS for him to resolve the conflict, he couldn't make the addon otherwise.

No, Bijan couldn't... but ORBX could. That's the whole point. These AREN'T ORBX trees.  They're NOT placed by ORBX.  If they were, Bijan's mod wouldn't touch them. 

The problem that's being created here is being created not by Bijan's mod, but by ORBX.  If ORBX cared enough to exercise any control over those trees, then they'd be exactly what ORBX made them and Bijan's couldn't touch them. 

ORBX didn't care enough. So they just slapped down some autogen.

• Like 4

Andrew Crowley

Ron asked a simple question. Give the guy a break. If he knew the answer, he wouldn't have asked. I see no big deal.

I'm pretty sure he has been knocking around these forums longer than most of us and I have been here for about 15 years. People are getting a little too hostile lately. Let's be more gentlemanly and lady like.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Ron asked a simple question. Give the guy a break. If he knew the answer, he wouldn't have asked. I see no big deal.

I'm pretty sure he has been knocking around these forums longer than most of us and I have been here for about 15 years. People are getting a little too hostile lately. Let's be more gentlemanly and lady like.

Who isn't being gentlemanly and lady like?

You must be seeing a different thread than I am seeing?

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

14 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Ron asked a simple question. Give the guy a break. If he knew the answer, he wouldn't have asked. I see no big deal..

I mean this w/ all respect, but I really think some (or a lot) of the onus goes on the original poster. It was not a simple question. He came here saying he had "beef" with Bijan replacing other peoples' work. He had a pre-conceived notion of what was going on and stated it as such. 

Now, he might not have meant it that way, but the onus is on him to be clear with his words. Why not say: "Hey guys, I noticed that Bijan Trees and my OrbX airport seem to conflict with each other in this particular way. Anyone got any ideas as to why this might be happening? Thanks!" rather than explaining about how Bijan is messing with his OrbX scenery.

People do get too crazy w/ responses, but he's just as "at fault" as anyone. Ask a question in an hostile manner (it was mildly hostile, but he was most definitely accusing Bijan of messing up other peoples' work), you'll probably get answers in a hostile way. Does it matter? Probably not, it's just an internet forum, after all. But if you want to ask a question, read it from another person's perspective and remove as much bias as you can. I think about 90% of AVSIM is a lesson in how little people think about the way things are worded and how that can be perceived by others. Not always avoidable, but often it is. 

Sorry, I'm basically just continuing a conversation that should probably be over, but I guess I'm in an ornery mood tonight. Probably should have eaten something before replying 😄 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

I really don't see any hostility here. I just see folks being emphatic about what was actually happening.  No harm in that! 

• Like 3

Andrew Crowley