Sign in to follow this  
STUART_H

How can one minimise the aircraft shown?

After reinstalling FSX, I noticed that only the first texture for each aircraft was shown when selecting aircraft...confused me for a while until I noticed the "Show all variations" checkbox.However, having selected that checkbox, FSX now always displays all aircraft variations for every aircraft every time, which when one has installed quite a number of additional textures/aircraft causes much longer loading times when selecting/switching aircraft.My question is, perhaps to the ACES team too: Is there anyway to always only display the first available texture and then only select the additional variations for a particular aircraft. If this was the case, it would vastly speed up the selection of the aircraft dialogue. The way it worked in FS9 was more efficient.Regards,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

On top of the screen is are three popupmenu's which let's you select a specific manufacturer, publisher or type. Seems exactly what you are looking for...?

I am aware of those, but unless I am mistaken, they will only reflect the type of aircraft. For example, if I have 5 additional different textures under the B737-800, I cannot select any of them without ticking the "Show all variations" checkbox. That's fine, if it only applied to that selection. But having checked the tickbox once, then nexttime I go to select an aircraft, it again reads and displays all variations of all aircraft - which takes some time to load.I guess I would like to set the aircraft selection dialogue, so that whenever it loads, it only displays the initial [.....0] of each aircraft, and then having selected an aircraft be able to see what variations are then available.If this is not possible currently, perhaps this could be a minor update that ACES could think about. Afterall, much of the fun with FSX is being able to add aircraft and liveries that become available within the community, and making the selection more efficient would be great.Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373