Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

I made better camera cockpit view for the Carenado Arrow 3.

If you like my view which gives better visibility out of the front window.....

go to the Official/Onestore/Carenado-PA-28-arrow iii/simobjects/airplanes/Carenado-pa-28-arrow iii

then insert this line under views copy over original.

eyepoint = -4.15, -.75, 2.1 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

Looks like this:

52264104006_eb9692932c_h.jpg

• Like 1

Actually that's a little high in the seat this should be better I lowered the hight a tad bit going to check it out.

eyepoint = -4.15, -.75, 2.0 ; (feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

It takes a while to make these changes I did because you have to reboot the sim each time to see how it looks.

This is probably better you can still see the nose of the plane which you can't in the default. I also moved the view back into the seat some to see more of the cockpit.

52264130456_970f08b070_h.jpg

Edited by Todd2

Your top view compared to the later view looks a little like when you punch the spacebar to move the view upwards. The command is 'cockpit view upper'. 

For some strange reason after the beta patch, when I try to raise the view like that nothing happens. Spacebar does nothing and if I assign 'cockpit view upper' to something else like a controller button, it doesn't work either, nothing happens. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

56 minutes ago, Fielder said:

and if I assign 'cockpit view upper' to something else like a controller button, it doesn't work either, nothing happens

Try "Increase cockpit view height". I have that and "Decrease cockpit view height" assigned to joystick buttons and they work.

Edited by Alvega

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

By modifying the camera.cfg I permanently raised the view hight which is what I wanted.

1 minute ago, Todd2 said:

By modifying the camera.cfg I permanently raised the view hight which is what I wanted.

Why not just save a view as you want and just press the joystick button to use it? That's what I did, didn't have to modify any files.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now, Alvega said:

Why not just save a view as you want and just press the joystick button to use it? That's what I did, didn't have to modify any files.

I could raise the cockpit with my joystick I just wanted to make a better view out of the plane each time I started it. It just feels more real to me that way I know it's silly.

1 minute ago, Todd2 said:

I could raise the cockpit with my joystick I just wanted to make a better view out of the plane each time I started it. It just feels more real to me that way I know it's silly.

What I mean is you can have the view you want when you start by just pressing a joystick button. No need to modify files. I just load the plane, press the joystick button for my saved cockpit view and that's it.

Alvega

Yes, I could do the same. I found it hard to see over the cockpit in the default view, so I created a new default view. I see no problem with changing a few numbers in the camera config file. And I see what you are saying I had a button on my joystick to raise the height also, but when I hit return view it was back to the view where you couldn't see much land in level flight out of the front window. 

4 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

Yes, I could do the same. I found it hard to see over the cockpit in the default view, so I created a new default view. I see no problem with changing a few numbers in the camera config file. And I see what you are saying I had a button on my joystick to raise the height also, but when I hit return view it was back to the view where you couldn't see much land in level flight out of the front window. 

I'm not talking about a button to raise the view, I'm talking about a button for a new cockpit view that you save. That way when you change to other view and then want to return to your custom cockpit view you just press that button.

Alvega

Just now, Alvega said:

I'm not talking about a button to raise the view, I'm talking about a button for a new cockpit view that you save. That way when you change to other view and then want to return to your custom cockpit view you just press that button.

I'm very happy with my solution I guess it's not for everyone. I have a button when I pan around returns me to default view. I just don't want to see the old default view. What I did works perfect for my needs not sure if anyone else will do what I did it's up to them. I don't even know how many people have the Carenado version I prefer it to the Just Flight version and yes I have both.

31 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

I'm very happy with my solution I guess it's not for everyone. I have a button when I pan around returns me to default view. I just don't want to see the old default view. What I did works perfect for my needs not sure if anyone else will do what I did it's up to them. I don't even know how many people have the Carenado version I prefer it to the Just Flight version and yes I have both.

Fair enough. We use the views differently. I almost never use panning inside the cockpit because I have views on my throttle and joystick buttons for all the instruments, for looking left and right, a landing view, 45 degree views and so on under my fingers, so I just press a button to go to the view I want and then press the button to return to my saved pilot view. I only use the panning button to pan around the plane in outside view. I also have an Xbox controller just to walk inside the plane, for the drone view and for the rare moments that I need to pan the view a bit inside the cockpit when looking left or right. So our use of views are different. 😉

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega