Sign in to follow this  
Mbergsma

Upcoming P3D version ?

16 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I'm talking about point releases. 

Me too. You can download the client installer for every point release from v2 onwards. What you can't do is download the full installer for those point releases; but you can download the full installer for the last update released for that major version (so 4.5, 3.4 etc), install that, then download the client installer for the specific point version you want (say, 4.3), and install that over the top. That gets you a working version of 4.3. 

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

i hope all platforms keep developing. The more competition the better for everyone. In 2 years, look at all the flight controls that came out. It's all around good for business.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

Me too. You can download the client installer for every point release from v2 onwards. What you can't do is download the full installer for those point releases; but you can download the full installer for the last update released for that major version (so 4.5, 3.4 etc), install that, then download the client installer for the specific point version you want (say, 4.3), and install that over the top. That gets you a working version of 4.3. 

So Ironically this may be as simple as how someone is logging in to the LM download site.  If I log in with my order number all I see is that particular order but if I use an account user name and password I see all the downloads available to me...  So one login I can't see any other releases and the other I can see V3.4 V4.5 and V5 under my downloads....  I think this goes all they way back to my V3 order... 

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Not being a native speaker, I'm wondering if the sentence "- Few preliminary changes for an upcoming P3D version" couldn't just mean "an upcoming P3D version of that tool/product" ? Sorry if this was discussed already, I might have read the 4 previous pages a bit fast...

Edited by Daube
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, Chapstick said:

But if you update, discover something isn’t compatible and want to revert, you better have the previous version backed up or you’re screwed. LM does not keep previous versions around.

False news, Yes they remove the links to older versions from their website but they still remain in their cloud and you can download it if you still have that link....

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

There are definitely additions/fixes/improvements that Asobo needs to make, but I get better perf and and fewer CTDs in MSFS than I do in P3D, so the notion that it's "unstable" isn't a universal experience. 

Agree wholeheartedly. I’m at present flying the 53rd leg of the BAVirtual Commonwealth Jubilee tour (Kiribati - Honolulu), all legs flown in the Fenix A320 - not one single problem during those flights.

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, Nocturnal said:

False news, Yes they remove the links to older versions from their website but they still remain in their cloud and you can download it if you still have that link....

How so?  The only link I’ve ever gotten is a link to the download login page that requests license and order number. From there there is only the current release available. At least for me.

-B

Added the specific version I am seeking

I am currently using the current release of P3D v5.3 HF2.  What I am seeking is the full version of P3D v5.2 HF1 (5.2.22.27615)

Edited by btacon

2 hours ago, btacon said:

How so?  The only link I’ve ever gotten is a link to the download login page that requests license and order number. From there there is only the current release available. At least for me.

-B

Added the specific version I am seeking

I am currently using the current release of P3D v5.3 HF2.  What I am seeking is the full version of P3D v5.2 HF1 (5.2.22.27615)

Here you go 👍

Edited by Nocturnal

2 hours ago, Nocturnal said:

Here you go 👍

No link?

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

14 hours ago, Chapstick said:

fewer CTDs in MSFS than I do in P3D

Something wrong, somewhere. I have not had a CTD in P3D for 18 months or more. Absolutely rock solid.

Edited by IanHarrison
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

For me also.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

11 hours ago, pgde said:

No link?

You can go here: Purchased Downloads – Prepar3D

Log in with your customer account details - not your license ID details. You should have created a customer account when you first made a purchase of a P3D license. If you log in with license details you only see the downloads for the version that that license ID applies to, I believe. With your customer account login you will see download links for all the versions you've ever purchased. You can't download a version that you never had a license for, so if you never bought v3 then you won't be able to download any v3 point version, for example.

Scroll down the page, you'll see a download section for each major version that looks like this one: https://ibb.co/ZxLy8Dg (sorry, I can't embed in the post for some reason)

Click the 'Legacy Client Downloads' link at the bottom of the box and you'll see the list of client installer downloads for each minor version. If you download the full installer for the latest version (3.4, here) and the specific point version installer you want (say, 3.1), install 3.4 first and then install the 3.1 client over the top, you effectively have a working 3.1 install.

All of this only works if you have an active license for the version you want to run, of course, otherwise you can install but it won't run. 

You can do this for 5.2 just as easily as for 4.1 or 3.3...

Edited by neilhewitt
  • Like 2

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

11 hours ago, neilhewitt said:

You can go here: Purchased Downloads – Prepar3D

Log in with your customer account details - not your license ID details. You should have created a customer account when you first made a purchase of a P3D license. If you log in with license details you only see the downloads for the version that that license ID applies to, I believe. With your customer account login you will see download links for all the versions you've ever purchased. You can't download a version that you never had a license for, so if you never bought v3 then you won't be able to download any v3 point version, for example.

Scroll down the page, you'll see a download section for each major version that looks like this one: https://ibb.co/ZxLy8Dg (sorry, I can't embed in the post for some reason)

Click the 'Legacy Client Downloads' link at the bottom of the box and you'll see the list of client installer downloads for each minor version. If you download the full installer for the latest version (3.4, here) and the specific point version installer you want (say, 3.1), install 3.4 first and then install the 3.1 client over the top, you effectively have a working 3.1 install.

All of this only works if you have an active license for the version you want to run, of course, otherwise you can install but it won't run. 

You can do this for 5.2 just as easily as for 4.1 or 3.3...

Well for me this only takes you to most current release.  No historical downloads are available to me.

-B

9 hours ago, btacon said:

Well for me this only takes you to most current release.  No historical downloads are available to me.

Sure you're logging in as the user account and not via the license number ?

When I login as my user account as per @neilhewitt see everything e.g. v3, v4 and v5 and all the client versions for each and the SDK for each final version's release.

There is a need to expand the various options to see them.

Cheers

Website login page blurb:

Purchased Downloads

Please enter your License Information to gain access to that specific download. You may also enter your Customer Account Information to gain access to all of your purchased downloads. This information can be found on your order confirmation invoice from a prior purchase. To purchase a new license please visit our Store.

Edited by Rogen
blurb
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D