Sign in to follow this  
Mbergsma

Upcoming P3D version ?

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Pete is mostly retired these days with his son John running things.

I think @Skywolfand @Ronaldo1978 are just trying to have a light hearted laugh Ray, no need to sap the life out of it. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

6 hours ago, KL Oo said:

I think @Skywolfand @Ronaldo1978 are just trying to have a light hearted laugh Ray, no need to sap the life out of it. 

Sap the life? I’m simply advising people what the current situation is. Try choosing your words more carefully please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Humo(u)r does not travel well, especially when there is no sense of humour present at one end or the other.
Just like "One man's meat is another man's poison", one man's side-splitting belly-laughing joke is another man's 
not in the least bit amusing, or even "I don't see the joke at all".

Edited by Reader
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Sap the life? I’m simply advising people what the current situation is. Try choosing your words more carefully please.

Not everything needs to be all business. I'd have thought a little humor and jest, particularly when made so obviously would be welcome. 

Anyway, I digress. Lets get back to discussing the next version of P3D that nobody knows anything about and for which there is little but conjecture and hope.  

• Like 4

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

2 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Not everything needs to be all business. I'd have thought a little humor and jest, particularly when made so obviously would be welcome. 

I didn’t see it as a joke, sorry. The addition of a winking emoji on Ron’s post was unclear.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray said nothing that could be construed as "sapping the life out of anything", Kael. I think you read something in his words that was not there.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Ray said nothing that could be construed as "sapping the life out of anything", Kael. I think you read something in his words that was not there.

Perhaps I misinterpret Rays 'always business' approach as sapping. My apologies Ray.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

1 minute ago, KL Oo said:

Perhaps I misinterpret Rays 'always business' approach as sapping. My apologies Ray.  

Apology accepted, thanks. The purpose of my earlier post was simply to advise that Pete is no longer the developer of FSUIPC. None of us are getting any younger and consequently he takes far fewer trips abroad than previously.

As a moderator I’m aware that my posts sometimes need to have a different tone than ordinary members. Trying to get the balance right isn’t always easy. 😉

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

With a heavy heart I wrote about the passing of Don Grovestine hours before. So I thought about of writing something funnier.

Of course I know about Pete's retirement but I think we are all agree about the running gag of his vacations when a new version of P3D is the funny side of all of this.

Even If I take a dim view of MSFS - as yet - the future is bright for us with the flightsims and upcoming CPU and GPU generations. And I remain confident and optimistic about P3D.

So let us move on and looking ahead. All of us.

• Like 2

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

It saddens me immensely to hear of Don's passing. His work stands alone and has helped the flightsim community immensely.

RIP, Don - we will have a beer or 15 when we meet in Flightsim Heaven.

Jorgen

Interesting to read the interview with Scott Gentile of A2A fame in the current print of PC Pilot which dropped through my door the other day.

When asked the question " Do you think you will continue to develop for Prepar3d" his answer was "Not sure, we will have to see how good the next version is"

Now one would be right to assume that Scott has industry insider knowledge as to what's happening behind the scenes and all the NDA's.

Dave

17 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

"Not sure, we will have to see how good the next version is"

All I can read into that is "the present version is not good enough but things might change".

6 hours ago, davenicoll said:

When asked the question " Do you think you will continue to develop for Prepar3d" his answer was "Not sure, we will have to see how good the next version is"

One could read a few things into that statement, but namely:

• Is it technically good enough?
  • Is it good enough to attract enough users to make developing for it viable?
  • Or both

Personally I'm hanging out for the Aerostar, assuming that it is still in development.of course and that it will still be for P3D.

Edited by cowpatz
  • Upvote 3

Cheers

Steve Hall

Here I am in Dec of 2022... Reinstalling 5.3 just cause I missed it somehow. I have been away from flight simming for 9 months... Personal family issues, death of dog, death of grandmother, etc... But I am back and initially, of course, it was MSFS that I jumped back in. But I do miss P3D... I have decided to install it and keep it in a "pure" way... No add-ons besides the aircraft I own. I may buy the iFly 737MAX when it becomes available. In the meantime, no FSLabs (Fenix has released theirs in MSFS and it's superior), no PMDG 737, BUT... Still want the 747 and 777 installed. Still want the Dash, still want the Pilot's Boeing Flying Boat... new update is out. Still want my A2A birds... Plenty to be had. Probably no Orbx or ActiveSky. Or anything that changes the looks. It's all about aircraft now. No more MilViz or CaptainSim. Only the cats that have stuck around. Maybe the QW 787 will come back on. But really? Holding out for v6. No matter what, I WILL buy it, just to show support to the underdog and cause I still am somehow fond of P3D. Even after everyone dropped it and it started fading away. Will be sure to grab XP12 too in a couple of months when it's closer to official release. I just hope LM has a trick up their sleeve and continue to develop it. I will buy it as long as it's still being worked on. Also, I MAY get the FSLabs Concorde... but the MAX and Concorde are the ONLY two investments I see putting money into on this platform. 

The reason for no Orbx is because they have not updated their stuff to v5. They are one of the reasons the platform has stagnated. The tech in v5 allows for way better visuals than simply porting old stuff from v3 etc.... Anyone who isn't currently supporting this platform won't get any installs. After all the "open architecture", it was the DEVELOPERS who buried P3D. 

@BostonJeremy77, be aware that if you plan to fly FSL Concorde but don’t intend to install ActiveSky the aircraft will not operate as per real-world ops.

It’s highly dependent on upper temps being realistic which requires a third-party weather program.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather