Sign in to follow this  
Guest Arlei

Missing FSX setting (maybe)

Guest Arlei

Hello all,In previous version, there was a setting which allow you to define the distance between you and the plane when flying with the external view (I think this camera is called "Outside View" or something like that). I'm not talking about zoom level here, I'm talking about distance from you and the plane.I'm not able to find this setting in FSX.Appreciate if somebody can "shed some light" on this.Regards,

Guest tmilton

Yes this is gone in FSX. Previously in FS9 you could exactly set your spot plane distance by entering a number in feet. I believe it was in View Options section of the menu. You could then directly enter an exact number for distance and altitude of the spot plane view.Sadly, this ability to directly input and know the exact distance between you and the spot plane is no longer possible in FSX.

Guest pem227

You might be able to achieve the desired effect by playing with the settings in your cameras.cfg file. C:Documents and SettingsusernameApplication DataMicrosoftFSXcameras.cfgFull descriptions of the available options in the cfg file is available in the SDK documentation. Phil

Guest Arlei

Tmilton and Phil,Thank you guys for helping me on this.Will give a try as soon as I have a chance.Regards,

Guest cwright

FSX doesn't have this in the options because it has something far better: you can adjust the view distance in real time. Simply press the CTRL key while pressing the usual minus or plus keys and this will adjust the view distance.Best regards, Chris

Guest Arlei

WOW - Thank you for this helpful information.I agree, it is better than having to deal with dialog boxes :)