First of all, let me thank you for a wonderful app that has been a game changer for me, I have both the remote CDU and Overhead Panel for the PMDG 737 NG. 700 and 600. This is not intended as a criticism but only an observation as a user. I was testing both the CDU and Overhead panel with the 600 aircraft. 

Going through my preparations I came to the lights test on the Main Panel and noted that when I switched the Test Switch to BRT position the remote CDU screen went black, ( CDU in cockpit remained on with EXEC light illuminated, as it is supposed to do ) Remote CDU had no EXEC light illuminated. Releasing the switch everything returns to normal. So not a big deal , but inaccurate behaviour. 

The other thing I noted was it was impossible to move the Circuit Breakers and Panel Light knobs on the Overhead panel. You could move them either way but they would jump back to the centre position and didn't affect the switches on the Overhead panel. Moving the switches on the Overhead itself wouldn't affect the switches on the Remote Overhead. They don't talk to one another. Everything else works both ways. So my question is , is this a bug or a limitation in the programming ?

ugcx_banner.png

On 8/6/2022 at 1:21 AM, EdCase said:

First of all, let me thank you for a wonderful app that has been a game changer for me, I have both the remote CDU and Overhead Panel for the PMDG 737 NG. 700 and 600. This is not intended as a criticism but only an observation as a user. I was testing both the CDU and Overhead panel with the 600 aircraft. 

Going through my preparations I came to the lights test on the Main Panel and noted that when I switched the Test Switch to BRT position the remote CDU screen went black, ( CDU in cockpit remained on with EXEC light illuminated, as it is supposed to do ) Remote CDU had no EXEC light illuminated. Releasing the switch everything returns to normal. So not a big deal , but inaccurate behaviour. 

The other thing I noted was it was impossible to move the Circuit Breakers and Panel Light knobs on the Overhead panel. You could move them either way but they would jump back to the centre position and didn't affect the switches on the Overhead panel. Moving the switches on the Overhead itself wouldn't affect the switches on the Remote Overhead. They don't talk to one another. Everything else works both ways. So my question is , is this a bug or a limitation in the programming ?

Hi!

Thanks for your positive feedback! Happy to hear it 🙂

Regarding the missing EXEC light - this should actually be simulated. I'll take a look as to why it doesn't light up.

Regarding the light knobs: the PMDG SDK doesn't provide the current position of those knobs, so that's why they are always centered. The way it works: if you move it to the left/right and keep it held, it will descrease / increase the lighting in the actual cockpit. You can also double-click the knob left/right to make it jump to min/max, just like in the virtual cockpit.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png