Sign in to follow this  
sunbeam60

Is MSFS ATC smoking crack or am I doing something wrong?

Xbox users could care less about accurate and realistic ATC so we are screwed!

Chris Camp

The discussion appears to have switched to lighting strikes. I’ve hidden multiple posts.

Back on topic please or the inevitable will happen.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

They don't care about the G1000 NXi either

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

10 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

X-Box is not the sole focus, both platforms are the focus.

Plus as Krakin pointed out above, Asobo wouldn't have contracted Working Title to make an awesome G1000 if they cared what the average X-Box user wanted.

One of the late 2021 Q&As, it was mentioned that Working Title at some point would be improving the default flight plan system I would update the ATC to use it, though that could just mean being able to read the new stuff. I think it was said they'd also be improving the 747? Or 787...

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I think it was said they'd also be improving the 747? Or 787...

Probably both

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, Alvega said:

Amazing how in 24 replies the only one that tries to address the OP's question is mine. The rest are all useless discussion about which ATC is best like dozens of other threads before. 

Easy to understand why some threads are closed with "the thread has ran it's course". 😔

I know!  And all the usual "Just go on Vatsim!"

Sure, if I wanted to fly into Gatwick every time and then have the controller go off for his dinner just as I entered their airspace I'd do just that, but I want to fly in places like Durban and Port Moresby. 

Edited by Langeveldt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

I know!  And all the usual "Just go on Vatsim!"

Sure, if I wanted to fly into Gatwick every time and then have the controller go off for his dinner just as I entered their airspace I'd do just that, but I want to fly in places like Durban and Port Moresby. 

wow

Edited by icewater5

On 8/8/2022 at 3:09 PM, Tuskin38 said:

X-Box is not the sole focus, both platforms are the focus.

Plus as Krakin pointed out above, Asobo wouldn't have contracted Working Title to make an awesome G1000 if they cared what the average X-Box user wanted.

One of the late 2021 Q&As, it was mentioned that Working Title at some point would be improving the default flight plan system I would update the ATC to use it, though that could just mean being able to read the new stuff. I think it was said they'd also be improving the 747? Or 787...

I'm pretty active on their Discord.

They're currently focussed on v1.0 of G1000NXi (coming with SU10), then onto GTN 650/750, then G3000 and ProLine 21 (which they've done once, but on the outside of Asobo's fence, so they are re-doing it now that they have a much better auto-pilot and all the inside knowledge/contacts on the inside of Asobo). It's quite clear their aim is to attract more GA and business jet development to MSFS, rather than airliner. If they've made statements about Boeing or Airbus avionics, I've missed them,

13 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

It was during the September 2021 Dev Q&A, it's possible plans have changed since then.

https://fselite.net/content/microsoft-flight-simulator-developer-qa-september-29th-2021-recap/

Awesome - that’s great news that they’re also tackling the big jets. Although that must be starting later, as their progress section only talks about G3000 and GTNs atm.