Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Fantastic - Thank you Chris - Caribbean Seaplane Tour

Hi Folks, This scenery addon really brings the Key West area of Florida and Ft. Jefferson to life. Especially like Blue Dolphin Cove (between Key West and Ft Jeff) and islands nearby. If you want to see just how well this addon works, view the Key West dock area (west of airport at tip of land) in dafault scenery, then with the addon scenery! Many thanks to Chris Carel for this most excellent scenery. I

I agree with you. The scenery is GREAT. I had problems with the installer and once that was ironed out it works wonderful. My only wish was that there should have been some way to get a map of the locations or some way to go to the scenery directly. Regards, Bob.

Good point Bob. I also was a bit confused about locations. But, I also found that not knowing where they were caused me to to on the internet for Ft. Jefferson to find lat/lon which is how I located it in FSX. In a way, I found it to be a good exercise causing me to check various sources. Major Bonus with the scenery. If you have Instant Scenery installed, you are in for a treat. I opened Instant Scenery to add some items and guess what? I noticed that I now had access to a large amount of the excellent scenery objects used in the Caribbean scenery addon. That includes Ft. Jefferson - yes all of Ft. Jeff, and much more. Have fun......

Hi Howard. I too cheated. I used NewBGLAnalyze to read one of the bgl's and got the lat/lon that way. I'll have to look into Instant Scenery. Where can we get it? Regards, Bob.

Hi Bob, Instant Scenery is sold by Flight1 and it's fantastic for adding numerious objects to scenery. Well worth it. You can turn boring default scenery and airports into extremely interesting areas.have fun...

I also have a problem with the installer - no Fort to activate, and a scenery/texture folder in the main folder, I'm unclear what to do to sort - can you advise what you did, please?Cheers.

Paul Skol

Guest maccars

I opened the installer, and had absolutely no idea where to send all the files. I emailed Chris to get a protocol, but I haven't heard back.Can someone please suggest where to direct the installer?Thanks.Mac

I pointed it at my main FSX folder, and it unzipped everything into my addon scenery folder, and the tree structure looks fine. And it works, too - Key West is fun - but Ft. Jeff is missing. Just wasn't there to activate in the scenery library.

Paul Skol

Hi, You need to download this file cspfj.zip from Avsim. Works well.cheers,

Many thanks! That download worked fine.This is really a BUMP, so other people can try it. Nowt to lose, so go grab it now, I suggest.

Paul Skol

Any screenshots?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White