Sign in to follow this  
Egypt1234

VC Guages

is there any fix for my problem? in all the default aircraft my VC guages are working fine and I get 30-60 FPS no problem but when i load any addon aircraft (iFly 737, Qualitywings 757) i have the Same FPS but the VC gauges are Very laggy i think it might be a refresh rate problem but i'm not sure so if anyone could help it would be amazing 

• Upvote 1

There will always be some kind of lag or stutter in the VC of a payware quality aircraft.  It may not show as a drop in FPS, but it will show somewhere.  Is it the same on the ground at a busy airport as well as it is at cruise altitude?  Default aircraft are way easier on your computer than the complex payware models.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yes no matter where i am at Default airport, Scenery airport, Cruising The VC gauges are always lagging and not only on payware aircraft even freeware aircraft have lagging VC gauges.

3 hours ago, Egypt1234 said:

Yes no matter where i am at Default airport, Scenery airport, Cruising The VC gauges are always lagging and not only on payware aircraft even freeware aircraft have lagging VC gauges.

Seems like your story has changed.  In your first ;post you stated only addon aircraft gave you the problem.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

yes sorry i should've been more specific i meant Freeware addon aircraft too, not freeware aircraft

Are you trying to say "Default" aircraft have no problem just Freeware and payware addon aircraft?

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

2 minutes ago, Egypt1234 said:

yes, exactly

OK, now that we have that straightened out, Please list your computer specs and whether it's a laptop or desktop.  My main thought is still that the default aircraft are much easier on your computer than addon freeware or payware products.  Any type of lagging or poor FPS points to the computer running the Sim.  Luckily, you only have the lagging problem.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

It's a laptop and my specs (for now) are

Processor/CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz

Memory/RAM: 2 GB

Graphics Card/GPU: GeForce Go 7400

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Hope this helps 

• Upvote 1

Processor:

ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz

Number of Cores2

Speed2 GHz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memory:

RAM 2.0 GB

Video Card:

Video Card NVIDIA Quadro NVS 120M

Chipset GeForce Go 7400

Manufacturer Nvidia

Total Memory 1.0 GB

Dedicated Memory 256 MB

Driver Version 7.15.11.7967

Vertex Shader Version 3.0

Pixel Shader Version 3.0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Operating System:

Size 64-bit

Operating System Windows 7

Version 6.1.7601

Here are the full detailed specs in case you need them

• Upvote 1

As far as I can tell, those specs should run FS2004 fairly well.  Have you adjusted any Nvidia Control Panel settings?  Also, could you briefly explain what you mean by gauges lagging.  

This may be as far as I can go with help for your Sim.  Maybe another member(s) can join in?

Do a Google search for FS2004 VC gauges are laggy.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Nope I have not messed with any Nvidia Control Panel Settings. but by lagging gauges i mean that the PFD would update late for example the ifly 737 when i push the throttle/thrust to TO/GA the PFD displays 0kts until i'm like halfway across the runway then the PFD suddenly updates to 100 kts etc