Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

ATC Program Survey

Which ATC program are you using   

284 members have voted

1. 1. What ATC Program are you using in MSFS?

46 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Nice to know you enjoyed using RC4. Don’t worry, I’ve been told off a few times especially when I couldn’t be bothered going around. 😁

I also point blank refuse to go around, especially if landing after a 10 hour flight. Usually the culprit is busy taking off anyway, so I miss him/her.

• Like 2

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

5 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

The bipolar nature of this forum is fascinating. I’ve participated-in and started a few threads on ATC lately, and came away with two impressions…

1. That no one uses the default ATC and…

2. That most people don’t feel Asobo needs to spend any resources on improving the default ATC because it’s adequately covered by third-party add-ons. 

LOL. 

There's a reason this forum is bipolar when it comes to ATC, and this because there IS no ideal solution at the present time.   I use P2ATC only because it is the least bad of all options, and because it's good enough that I can tolerate its Jurassic interface.   Sometimes I want to smash P2ATC though, like when something as simple as flight following becomes a major production.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

21 minutes ago, Mace said:

There's a reason this forum is bipolar when it comes to ATC, and this because there IS no ideal solution at the present time.   I use P2ATC only because it is the least bad of all options, and because it's good enough that I can tolerate its Jurassic interface.   Sometimes I want to smash P2ATC though, like when something as simple as flight following becomes a major production.

Agreed. What I find bipolar is that there’s also some folks who tried to shut me down a few weeks ago for complaining about the sad state of the default ATC… saying it’s a solved problem with add-ons and that one shouldn’t complain about the ATC in this sim because it’s terrible in every sim.

I think the fact is the default ATC is bad, it’s not a solved problem with add-ons, and Asobo should address it at the soonest since third parties are not up to the task. All the tech they need to improve it is out there. They just need to combine the best of each of these solutions and they’d have a winning ATC option. 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

There's a reason this forum is bipolar when it comes to ATC, and this because there IS no ideal solution at the present time.

well i think you are right there. I am so wanting a good atc that i am trying to  learn about ai and mathematical agorithms because as a relative novice in these things i dont see any alternative. A few people here have already said how hard atc programs are to err 'program' anyway with current programming methods.

Self learning code is the way things will go i think.within two years maybe at a guess.

Edited by icewater5

this looks really good, pro-atc/sr right  ?,  no need for advance mathematical theorems is my guess

😊

Edited by icewater5

i use default\  give me a good one, simple to install and no bugs

in fsx I use ultimate traffic 2, give me a program like that, ill be satisfied and have my wallet, okay ?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Hey guys, I've just seen this on YT, and for those who are sticking with default ATC, it may be of some interest...  

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776