Sign in to follow this  
delfin8896

Fenix A320 Support not working for me!

I am getting this message ever and ever again. MCE will be closed after that. I restart the flight and the message pops up again:

"In order to allow co-pilot to control all switches accurately, please restart the flight (not the simulator, then restart MCE."

Detlef Fenske

By the way, it's the same with PMDG 736 and 737. Please fix ist. With Version 2.9.7.5 yesterday these airliners worked ok!

Detlef Fenske

4 hours ago, delfin8896 said:

By the way, it's the same with PMDG 736 and 737. Please fix ist. With Version 2.9.7.5 yesterday these airliners worked ok!

Whichever complex plane you intend to fly must be set as the aircraft MSFS loads on startup.

This is important because unfotunately the planes don't clear the Lvars they create. So when switching from say PMDG 737 that has about 2000 of them to Fenix that has 2200, it adds up to a lot.

Which folders do you have inside \Community\ folder.?

I work with a very complex setup. The system uses external ATC from Pilot2Atc or PF3. The weather system relies on REX Weather Force and AI is generated by AIG. The onboard sound system uses SimSounds V4 and the pushback is controlled by FS2Crew Pushback Express. It all works together without any problems. The only spoilsport at the moment is MCE.

Detlef Fenske

31 minutes ago, delfin8896 said:

I work with a very complex setup. The system uses external ATC from Pilot2Atc or PF3. The weather system relies on REX Weather Force and AI is generated by AIG. The onboard sound system uses SimSounds V4 and the pushback is controlled by FS2Crew Pushback Express. It all works together without any problems. The only spoilsport at the moment is MCE.

I suggest the following...

Go to community folder and delete <fsuipc-lvar-module> if it's there

Re-install MCE V2.9.7.6 (not just use the patch).

Check \Community\ folder has the folder you deleted re-created.

Assuming Fenix is set as the default plane when MSFS starts, wait until aircraft is on tarmac ready to fly. Only then, start MCE.

If FO is happy, should see him fiddle with his armrest roughly 30 to 45 seconds after MCE UI shows up.

Right now, FCU dialling isn't availale for FENIX. Maybe later when more is known about this aircraft.

Eventually, try with default Fenix livery as some of those occasionally cause MCE not to identify the plane properly.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1

Now its works, but only if I don't start any of the other mentioned add-ons. There must be a problem may be with FSUIPC?

Detlef Fenske

10 minutes ago, delfin8896 said:

Now its works, but only if I don't start any of the other mentioned add-ons. There must be a problem may be with FSUIPC?

No, not a problem with FSUIPC. You can even install ANY version. Should be able to run Pilot2ATC too.

Maybe something to do with PF3, as we do support that add-on. We will be liasing with Dave March to ensure the combo works as expected.

MCE only works for me if the respective aircraft (Fenix A320 or PMDG 737) is started with the MSFS beforehand. As a result, MSFS has to be started twice every time there is a change and a restart has to be made for the PMDG. In my view, this is unacceptable!

Detlef Fenske

On 8/8/2022 at 9:59 PM, delfin8896 said:

MCE only works for me if the respective aircraft (Fenix A320 or PMDG 737) is started with the MSFS beforehand. As a result, MSFS has to be started twice every time there is a change and a restart has to be made for the PMDG. In my view, this is unacceptable!

You can load the plane in ANY state (cold and dark, ready to start or all engines up and running is up to you). MCE has the ability to automatically detect the flight phase.

Regarding PMDG 737... you may not be aware of this.

The need to reload the plane is the result of PMDG initially enabling the SDK (in early release) then, removing the "read state of items" part of the SDK in following updates.

We had it fully interfaced without the need to restart the flight. Currently, the plane reload is a workaround until they restore SDK. See this thread

The Fenix will remain works in progress until we work out how to get FO to dial FCU SPD, HDG, ALT.

Ideally, all planes should have an SDK and we just have to follow that.

Unfortunately, things don't work like that in the flight sim world. Different aircraft devs use slightly different methods. The Asobo SDK can be used to some extent, but that one too has a few limitations.

This is one of the reasons add-ons should have a Demo. So you know exactly what you are getting.

If you know someone who has managed to dial FCU with Fenix, which implies ready HDG, VS and ALT values, would be happy to hear that.

Getting that sort of functionality with FsLabs A320 took many months of research and poking around.

Edited by FS++

On 8/7/2022 at 7:16 PM, FS++ said:

I suggest the following...

Go to community folder and delete <fsuipc-lvar-module> if it's there

Re-install MCE V2.9.7.6 (not just use the patch).

Check \Community\ folder has the folder you deleted re-created.

Assuming Fenix is set as the default plane when MSFS starts, wait until aircraft is on tarmac ready to fly. Only then, start MCE.

If FO is happy, should see him fiddle with his armrest roughly 30 to 45 seconds after MCE UI shows up.

Right now, FCU dialling isn't availale for FENIX. Maybe later when more is known about this aircraft.

Eventually, try with default Fenix livery as some of those occasionally cause MCE not to identify the plane properly.

Hi there, 

I'm also having trouble with the Fenix, with the same message as above. Works fine with 737.

Running version 3.0.18

Deleted fsuipc-lvar folder

I've reinstalled MCE

Checked fsuipc folder recreates as above

Tried fenix livery and restarted a few times without luck.

Any suggested tips or logs to check to help diagnose?

On 1/16/2023 at 9:40 AM, MagicTurtleAU said:

Hi there, 

I'm also having trouble with the Fenix, with the same message as above. Works fine with 737.

Running version 3.0.18

Deleted fsuipc-lvar folder

I've reinstalled MCE

Checked fsuipc folder recreates as above

Tried fenix livery and restarted a few times without luck.

Any suggested tips or logs to check to help diagnose?

With all supported complex planes that have tons of lvars, for instance the Fenix A320, you need to set that plane as the one MSFS loads on startup. This way, the fsuipc-lvar-module will only need to deal with 2000 lvars or so instead of 2000 others coming from another complex plane that would have been loaded earlier.

Only start MCE once the plane has finished loading, not while setting up the flight.

PMDG 737 Interfacing is done differently. The PMDG SDK is used for 90% of the switches and dials. Only a few items that cannot be fetched via the SDK, are read via the module.

On 1/18/2023 at 12:32 AM, FS++ said:

With all supported complex planes that have tons of lvars, for instance the Fenix A320, you need to set that plane as the one MSFS loads on startup. This way, the fsuipc-lvar-module will only need to deal with 2000 lvars or so instead of 2000 others coming from another complex plane that would have been loaded earlier.

Only start MCE once the plane has finished loading, not while setting up the flight.

PMDG 737 Interfacing is done differently. The PMDG SDK is used for 90% of the switches and dials. Only a few items that cannot be fetched via the SDK, are read via the module.

thanks, yeah totally understand.

i think it's something unique to my setup as it's a little complex with lots of stuff. any tips on how to see what fsuipc is reading so i can try and work out? or is too complex?

2 hours ago, MagicTurtleAU said:

thanks, yeah totally understand.

i think it's something unique to my setup as it's a little complex with lots of stuff. any tips on how to see what fsuipc is reading so i can try and work out? or is too complex?

Will try in layman's terms

Most complex planes have about 2000 lvars (custom variables). The Inibuild has at least 3000

Unfortunately, they don't seem to de-register their lvars when the plane gets unloaded.

That means if you start with a complex plane, then switch to another complex one and yet a third one, there could be up to 6000 lvars registered to MSFS when only a third are useful for the session.

Note: We do not use the main FSUIPC program, only the wasm module (in community folder) with some planes.

The fsuipc wasm module has an upper limit (slightly above 3000) in terms of how many it can track. When the limit is hit, it starts ignoring some, and these could be the ones that matter.

I can assure you, if you set the Fenix A320 as the plane MSFS loads on startup, all lvars will be accounted for. Wait until the plane has finished loading ready to fly in ANY state, then start MCE and wait for a minute or so for it to identify all the lvars it needs. You should see the FO seat left arm swing as a confirmation Fo has access to all the switches he needs. Otherwise you will get the dialog box reminding you to proceed as above.

By the way, there are no lvars for CDU perf page, FMA or even FCU HDG, ALT, SPD, VS.

Despite this, we managed to give the FO access to these. That makes MCE FO the only voice control package capable of dialling FCU with Fenix A320

He'll also dial radios for you

He'll only start fetching CDU perf data once at least one engine is running. And it may take up to 90 seconds.

And he's expected to make FMA announcements as they change past the taxi phase.

Try it with default Fenix Livery.

If it's not working with a specific livery, give me a download link and I'll check it out.

Will download the latest Fenix and check that they haven't dropped some lvars which may lead MCE to think they aren't accounted for.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1