Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

Q&A with Mathijs Kok/North Sea Project Preview

Evening all,

I don't usually post about my streams, but I'm doing something a bit different this evening that I think you might be interested in. At 19:00z, I'll be joined live on YouTube by Mathijs Kok. We'll be discussing Aerosoft's upcoming North Sea Project add-on and you'll also have the opportunity to ask him about all things Aerosoft in the chat. Pop by if you fancy it. 🙂

Cheers,

Alexis

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

I wonder if he might be interested in this.  https://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-studios-dhc-6-pt-6-twin-otter-hd-pilot-edition-soundpack-for-fsx.phtml

I might buy something else from Aerosoft one day if they fix the stuff I already have!  :biggrin:  Sorry Alexis - couldn't resit, but I hope it goes well.  It should do, MK is such a nice bloke! 

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Somebody please ask Mathjis Kok when he will fix the sound for the Twin Otter.  Thanks!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I wonder if he might be interested in this.  https://secure.simmarket.com/turbine-sound-studios-dhc-6-pt-6-twin-otter-hd-pilot-edition-soundpack-for-fsx.phtml

I might buy something else from Aerosoft one day if they fix the stuff I already have!  :biggrin:  Sorry Alexis - couldn't resit, but I hope it goes well.  It should do, MK is such a nice bloke! 

I asked about the TSS package, and whether it could be licensed by Aerosoft. Mathijs replied:

" What we use in our project IS the TurbineSound set. We licensed that. If you read back a bit you will find that while it works well in P3D, it simply does not contain all the data needed for a complete MSFS sound set."

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

The moderator said the general questions come later.  If anybody is around during the general questions, please ask Mathijs Kok what are his plans to fix the Twin Otter sounds. Thank you!

Strange comment, "Microsoft does not want military stuff in the sim." Did they not just publish a Top Gun add on? I think there were some military stuff in there...

• Like 7

Dan Scott

2 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Strange comment, "Microsoft does not want military stuff in the sim."

They don't allow anything with weapons. Military aircraft are allowed, but not with any weapon systems.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Strange comment, "Microsoft does not want military stuff in the sim." Did they not just publish a Top Gun add on? I think there were some military stuff in there...

What @JacquesBrel said. I suspect it’s to keep the age rating of MSFS very low, so that even children can play MSFS. 

Microsoft did release a combat simulator before. But if that had weapons, the age rating would be higher.

I would love for Microsoft to use the MSFS engine, and use the satellite and photogrammetry, to create a combat flight simulator to take on DCS World. Personally, I dislike paying for every separate scenery package in DCS World.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I suspect it’s to keep the age rating of MSFS very low, so that even children can play MSFS. 

That, and probably also to keep the scope of the sim somewhat manegeable. There are plenty of parts to develop and test and maintain to create "just" a civillian flight sim. If you decide to add a ton of additional parts needed for just the basics for a military flight sim, then I imagine it would make most project managers scream. Probably only Christ Roberts would like to undertake something of such enormous scope, and we would most likely still be waiting for it to be relased, even if Jörg Neumann was begging him day and night to finish the word not allowed thing. 

Edit: Wow, is *that* word not even allowed? When was it ever censored on TV, in newspapers, or anywhere in media for public consumption? Christ.

Edited by JacquesBrel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I would love for Microsoft to use the MSFS engine, and use the satellite and photogrammetry, to create a combat flight simulator to take on DCS World.

I'm perfectly happy with the current 'no weapons' principle in MSFS, but yes, a new combat sim with the same standard of scenery would be quite something. No doubt it has crossed their minds - I wonder if one day Microsoft might partner with Eagle Dynamics in the same way they have with Asobo.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

2 hours ago, Paul K said:

I asked about the TSS package, and whether it could be licensed by Aerosoft. Mathijs replied:

" What we use in our project IS the TurbineSound set. We licensed that. If you read back a bit you will find that while it works well in P3D, it simply does not contain all the data needed for a complete MSFS sound set."

Is this another one of MK's truths?  I had the freeware sound mod using the TSS soundset and it was nothing like the Aerosoft standard sounds.  The difference was like night and day, so I just don't get it.

If some one doing it in his spare time can get the same soundset a zillion times better than Aerosoft then they are in trouble.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the TSS sounsdet in terms of quality and clarity (proven by the freeware mod), so why are they on about getting new recordings? Utter drivel!

I just don't believe it and I struggle to trust any word that comes out of his mouth.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I fast forwarded through the video. Was the question about fixing the Twin Otter sounds asked? When I fast forwarded throughout the video, I didn’t hear that it was asked: https://youtu.be/w8gCCg3ZYRo

Did I miss it somewhere? At what time in the video was it asked?

Or maybe it wasn’t asked? (that would be disappointing if it wasn’t asked)

Yes, and he mumbled something about "There's money on the table" for anyone that can produce a realistic sound. As Bobcat states there already is the TSS sounds, and i bought it, and the sound is spot on. Not like the default sounds currently on the Twotter.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,