Sign in to follow this  
Toktok

PacSim - 30% Off Summer Sale

Six days left on our Summer Sales. As usual thanks to those who've taken advantage of the Sales.

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

I really like your products.  I own several of your products and have been extremely pleased with them.  Even with a 30% discount the ones I would like to add to my library go back to FSX and are in the $25.00 range which is too expensive for me.  

Bode

• Like 2

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Yup, same here. I addedd Incheon P3D to a basket and then casually checked value in my currency - Polish Zloty.

I am sorry, but these days even discounted prices if too high for P3D add-on.

&

ugcx_banner.png

I was literally here a few days ago to say prices are just too high for me as well, but thought I'm being unreasonable and backed out. Now I see that I'm not alone. There was a time back in the FSX days when PacSim offered really competitive prices and I bought quite a few, but sadly these prices nowadays in my currency (South African Rand) are just not offering value.

Edited by rooitou
  • Like 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

On 8/27/2022 at 12:18 PM, rooitou said:

I was literally here a few days ago to say prices are just too high for me as well, but thought I'm being unreasonable and backed out. Now I see that I'm not alone. There was a time back in the FSX days when PacSim offered really competitive prices and I bought quite a few, but sadly these prices nowadays in my currency (South African Rand) are just not offering value.

You're not alone. I learned a new word recently: "gradation".  It means 'greed' + 'inflation'.  Using inflation as an "excuse" for high prices.

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I remember Aerosoft stating openly that they do not lower P3D prices since the sales are so low, they do not care anyway (obvioulsy actual comment was much more polite). They claimed that their assumption is that if someone still wants to get P3D add-on, he would buy it regardless of the price.

I am not "everybody" of course, but my feedback to all add-on publisher is that If PacSim, FlyTampa or even FD Dreamteam (I hate their approach towards customers BTW) would drop their P3D prices by 50% I would by ALL their P3D sceneries before end of this calendar. In other words - some amonut of $$$ would move from my wallet to theirs. With current pricing strategy money stays in my pocket.

Sorry.

&

• Like 4

ugcx_banner.png

And that is what many, or at least some developers don't understand and don't believe. When Aerosoft really had a 50% sale, they got about 120€ by me - exclusively for P3d stuff, and I was happy. Had they done a 20% sale like all the time before (or even none at all), they would have got 0€ and I wouldn't have been pleased! And in contrast to physically delivered products, they don't have to pay for ressources for each individual product (like a car manufacturer for example). Or at least, it can't be that much (?).

I'm not a developer and have no clue about the numbers they are selling, but I simply can't imagine they make more money by leaving older products smoulder at its original price, than trying to sell them for a lower price and at the same time please some customers and thus potentially making them more generous for future products. That's at least how my mind is working. And I can't be the only one who thinks that being too mean doesn't pay out in mid-term.

The argument Aersoft stated might count for top notch developers, who do something in extraordinary quality that nobody else would do like this. But that's very few aircraft developers (FSL, PMDG, Leonardo...), and definitely not Aerosoft's 😉

I'm not even counting PacSim too much into that category, because they also do exotic places in good quality, but I'm sorry I already have everything I was interested in. Only Cleveland might have been an option, but really no urgent one - even if quality is certainly good. Too many other sales at the moment or in recent time (LatinVFR 50%, ORBX,...) that I couldn't resist to complete my P3d collection.

• Like 3

Regards, Dominik

Sales over tomorrow night SLC mtn time. Thanks again to those who've bought our products the last 3 weeks.

• Upvote 1

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com