Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Which FSX AI-traffic payware is the best?

Guest Goldmother

Hi all,I'm using FSX and for realistic AI traffic I download aircrafts and flightplans from www.world-of-ai.com. I think it's really simple and good quality aircrafts but they don't have ALL real life airlines so now I'm thinking of deleting all the AI files I have installed and buy a AI traffic pack from the internet.So, my question is, which one should I buy to get a realistic package of real life airlines and flightplans with quite framerate friendly aircrafts? For FSX of course...Thank you,Tomas

>>So, my question is, which one should I buy to get a realistic>package of real life airlines and flightplans with quite>framerate friendly aircrafts? For FSX of course...>>Thank you,>Tomas At this point there isn't an package on the market all aren't FSX native...Also the quality of those can be done far better with even better FPS and that gets me thinking of doing it myself with some other people ;-)Thats why there is so many custom stuff floating around and WOAI is probably the best choice and convert the traffic files to FSX format...I myself have transferred my custom AI over to FSX with many custom stuff and happy about it only the models are outdated and can be done with far more detail and far better FPS ;-)Converted all flightplans to FSX native so ships are there to :-lolIt seems that many think that quality will cost FPS in this case no with some smart thinking ;-)...At this point for me no acceptable quality and FPS for FSX in the payware field ;-)But then again I've high standards ;-)Andr

André

Hello,You can also install the PAI , it works in FSX.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest Goldmother

Thanks, guys. Ultimate Traffic looks nice...

Guest Irishman

I never considered the loss of the ships. How do you convert the plans to FSX format?

Guest Irishman

...or can you convert the ship traffic bgl to an FS9 formatted plan?

>I never considered the loss of the ships. How do you convert>the plans to FSX format?http://aifs.pvdveen.net/The ships will only work with native FSX plans the ship you see are the static ones :-)Have fun :-)Andr

André

Guest Irishman

Okay, so I have that converter and have converted all my WOAI, UGA, and Project AI plans to FSX format. Can you tell me where I should see a moving ship to go test for this?

>Okay, so I have that converter and have converted all my>WOAI, UGA, and Project AI plans to FSX format. Can you tell>me where I should see a moving ship to go test for this?set that traffic at 100% i have a link with the traffic routes and times and with a lookup in Google wait a sec...See here...http://lc0277.nerim.net/boat/Meanwhile some linkshttp://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=shipshttp://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=shipshttp://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=shipsCheers,Andr

André

I was going to start a thread this morning with a very similar Q. except narrowing it down to a single criteria. PERFORMANCEI have Ultimate Traffic for FSX. Unless I am in Hawaii or some far away Island. I cannot turn on traffic because I end up with blurries. The Primary core in the CPU is now a bottleneck that I cannot give any FPS/CPU Cycles. With Ultimate Terrain and LvL-D 767 and other addons in the future... there is no room in FSX.So IMO, at this point. PERFORMANCE is the only criteria for AI in FSX. I could care less about real world flight plans at this point. Pretty AI planes is also not important. All I want is real world airlines at or about the airports with the lowest polygons and minimal FPS hit. The Q is...which of the Traffic addons would give me that. Performance I mean. Any ideas?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>So IMO, at this point. PERFORMANCE is the only criteria for>AI in FSX. I could care less about real world flight plans at>this point. Pretty AI planes is also not important. All I want>is real world airlines at or about the airports with the>lowest polygons and minimal FPS hit. The Q is...which of the>Traffic addons would give me that. Performance I mean. Any>ideas?>>Yep you could convert your textures of your AI planes you be surprised how you can gain a lot of FPS there ;-)Are the gates moving also with your AI just disable it one FPS hit there to...I have great performance only custom made so I can't share but I convert the textures of all my AI too... (AI consist of AIaardvark/FSP/WOAI)I found UT for FS9 in the past a frame hog so it left my HD a long time ago....Have now 40% AI in FSX with Level-d and ASX full cloud coverage and between 20 till 25 fps :-) and no unatural blurries :-)Andr

André

Manny,I agree... at this point my main interest is reducing the "hit". I want to see my airports heavily populated with AI traffic... but just detailed enough to recognise the airline and aircraft...In a perfect world I would like to use the UT timetables with super simple models with basic paints ( least frame rate hit ).Let's hope some talented modeler and painter can come up with a FPS friendly solution.Maybe it could be a dual setup option.... simple models/paints for FPS and another option for proper models/paints for better visuals. This would allow us to have traffic now... and improve it as and when we all buy the super hardware that's going to be available in 18 months...or whenever.... Andr

Guest Irishman

Thanks. I'll check those out when I get home.

Guest Len

I've used MyTraffic for years and continue to do so. Huge amount of GA, military and commercial traffic. The routes are roughly based on real world routes.Easy as pie to install.