8 hours ago, March Hare said:

Do you have power settings on your laptop that might be throttling performance?

Like others here I'm sceptical that it's an issue with the software itself, because the overwhelming majority of people, with vastly different hardware and internet connection speeds, don't have this issue. For example, I have a tower PC with i7 CPU and GTX 1070, running on ultra settings and LOD 200. It looks incredible with a much further draw distance than your videos show.

If it were an actual bug, I'm sure the issue would be extremely common across various hardware, if not affecting every user's machine...

Not sure what you mean by power setting, it runing the ultimate performance plan, all my settings are optimized, and up to date and control panel optimized, i run the sim on HIGH end around 28-33 fps, which is pretty good as stander cinematic footage for the sim was taken in 24 fps, my settings average between ultra to high, with only some things on medium bec I don’t need them, and yet I run the sim pretty well, which gives me no reason to upgrade or to wait 4 years until I can upgrade bec I don’t work, I’m still a student and ether way I travel a lot and a laptop is the only best choice for me even if it’s limited, I’m happy with what I have running every game maxed out over 60 fps, I won’t pay another 3-5k SR for another device I can’t afford and only for a sim that has a bug or issue a lot complained about ever since su5

tho checking my settings I have 4gb of graphic memory but only 128mb are dedicated and I have no way of adding mor e/ dedicating more 

I am working tho on over clocking and under volting in hopes of better fps and a possible optimization 

I am working tho on over clocking and under volting in hopes of better fps and a possible optimization 

There's no LOD bug, you are the only one having this issue. Probably you f... up something by editing the Usercfg file (LOD 800 on a laptop??)

Try to delete Usercfg.opt, delete rolling cache, reboot the sim, reset all graphics settings to medium, then take it from there... also take into account that 4 GB of VRAM are barely or below the minimum required for gaming.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

20 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

There's no LOD bug, you are the only one having this issue. Probably you f... up something by editing the Usercfg file (LOD 800 on a laptop??)

Try to delete Usercfg.opt, delete rolling cache, reboot the sim, reset all graphics settings to medium, then take it from there... also take into account that 4 GB of VRAM are barely or below the minimum required for gaming.

Yeah there is a lod bug, you can check youtube and fourms, not everyone has it, but alot do..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AB58NmPIrU&t=3s

here again a video showing how increasing lod doesnt affect draw distance for buildings, again showing this isnt spec related as he has way higher specs than me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej7LJfEN59A

as for the vram being low for gaming idc what people say, if im able to run most game maxed out with no issue then i can, i work in game development, a pretty.. VERY demanding career for computer specs, runing the latest game engine Unreal engine 5 which you can check on how amazing it looks and the graphics, and i run it well with my "4g vram", it may not be future proof, but if it does what i need it for, idc, so instead now of blaming everything on something i cant control, instead you can reccomend me stuff to do to besides "upgrading" bec this isnt the issue, im not opening this stupid debate again,

*lower spec laptops didn't have this issue before su5*, how much f. proof do i need to give, look it up dude..

2 hours ago, Epicmc said:

Not sure what you mean by power setting, it

Well, there will be power management settings on your laptop somewhere that control whether your laptop will default to using the integrated graphics built into the CPU, instead of the dedicated GPU. On laptops often an energy saving mode will do this, but there could be other settings dictating that the software uses the integrated CPU graphics.

To put it another way, I strongly believe your issue is that the sim is running on integrated CPU graphics. And I believe this because you said only 128MB of VRAM is being used, which just happens to be the amount you would see when integrated CPU graphics are in use instead of the dedicated GPU...

So, you really need to focus on investigating your laptop's settings to stop it from using the CPU for graphics instead of the GPU. I can pretty much guarantee that is the root of your problem.

You should also be able to force the laptop to always use the dedicated GPU via BIOS settings, if you're confident enough to change them.

22 minutes ago, March Hare said:

Well, there will be power management settings on your laptop somewhere that control whether your laptop will default to using the integrated graphics built into the CPU, instead of the dedicated GPU. On laptops often an energy saving mode will do this, but there could be other settings dictating that the software uses the integrated CPU graphics.

To put it another way, I strongly believe your issue is that the sim is running on integrated CPU graphics. And I believe this because you said only 128MB of VRAM is being used, which just happens to be the amount you would see when integrated CPU graphics are in use instead of the dedicated GPU...

So, you really need to focus on investigating your laptop's settings to stop it from using the CPU for graphics instead of the GPU. I can pretty much guarantee that is the root of your problem.

You should also be able to force the laptop to always use the dedicated GPU via BIOS settings, if you're confident enough to change them.

Well, in graphics settings it is using the GPU and not the intel graphics, you have a pretty strong point, I will look into it tho first try to fix the online problem, with 250mbs speed the sim doesn’t want to connect to use bing world graphics, if I get this to work first I will look into what you said tho I believe I’m using the gpu 

• Like 1

Let's also not forget the nerfed tree LOD since the XBOX release around about that time (or the inability to extend the tree LOD).  I always think this makes for an inferior, less defined distant terrain. 

1 minute ago, Langeveldt said:

Let's also not forget the nerfed tree LOD since the XBOX release around about that time (or the inability to extend the tree LOD).  I always think this makes for an inferior, less defined distant terrain. 

Yeah again, most these issue started around the xbox release

31 minutes ago, March Hare said:

And I believe this because you said only 128MB of VRAM is being used,

i didnt say this is how much the sim is using, bec in sim, with task manger, the sim is using the full 4gb vram, i only said that the dedicarted vram Generally is 128 mb, refering to this:
https://ibb.co/f1Yjg6G
but as in using the sim ,it does use the full 4gb vram on my card, as seen in performance tab in task manger 

29 minutes ago, Epicmc said:

i didnt say this is how much the sim is using, bec in sim, with task manger, the sim is using the full 4gb vram, i only said that the dedicarted vram Generally is 128 mb, refering to this:
https://ibb.co/f1Yjg6G
but as in using the sim ,it does use the full 4gb vram on my card, as seen in performance tab in task manger 

I obviously misread. Yes, that image is showing the VRAM of the integrated CPU graphics, because that's what your laptop will dynamically switch to when other software is running, or just sitting on the desktop.

Edited by March Hare

Okay, let's try something else. I'm sure in your first video, when you scrolled through your settings, you had terrain vector set to medium. Set this to ultra and see what happens. I'm fairly sure terrain vector is connected to how the sim places trees and other objects on the landscape...