5 hours ago, Pochi said:

i5 12500 GTX1070 16Go RAM all SSD

Went from 5600K to 12500 recently but that did not change anything. 

I tried increasing the terrain LOD from 100 to more but that did not make the buildings appear at farer distance. For exemple, landing at Laguardia the buildings in Manhattan does not appear when in final. I can see it is only orthophoto with one POI building alone i guess. I need to be closer for the buildings to appear.

Also I noticed the game seems to look better if I am using drone view or replay.  It may be placebo though

Pierre

Yeah if so I may not change it bec it didn’t make a difference, yes drone camera looks better 

EDIT: Disregard, misread. 

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Leave it as it is, tampering with the page file usually doesn't end well

I can't remember how long ago it was, but there was a suggestion made that having 32Gb RAM meant you didn't need a page file.  I implemented this improvement, but I did have a problem with poor textures and autogen near the plane only.  I put the page file back and the problem resolved itself.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

6 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I can't remember how long ago it was, but there was a suggestion made that having 32Gb RAM meant you didn't need a page file.  I implemented this improvement, but I did have a problem with poor textures and autogen near the plane only.  I put the page file back and the problem resolved itself.

Yeah seen that terrible suggestion thrown around. Never mess with or disable the page file. Windows knows how to handle it and regardless of how much RAM you have, Windows still uses bit of it for various swapping and caching. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I wanted to mention this since I didn't know tree quality and LOD were connected.  I had load at 400 but trees at medium.

When I set them to ultra the draw distance basically doubled.

So if your LOD appears poor make sure buildings and trees are at ultra .

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

34 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I wanted to mention this since I didn't know tree quality and LOD were connected.  I had load at 400 but trees at medium.

When I set them to ultra the draw distance basically doubled.

So if your LOD appears poor make sure buildings and trees are at ultra .

They are set on ultra 

43 minutes ago, Epicmc said:

They are set on ultra 

Have you reduced the size of your trees with a mod? I read that making them smaller than default can affect draw distance.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Have you reduced the size of your trees with a mod? I read that making them smaller than default can affect draw distance.

i have not, please provide a source for me to follow to try this 

12 hours ago, Pochi said:

How much page file should be allowed ? I thought it was automatic.

I would like to try setting the page file manually because I have kind that f the same problem as the OP.

Pierre

I certainly wouldn't reduce the pagefile size, but it wouldn't hurt to increase it to see if it makes a difference. If no difference just set it back to default.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Epicmc said:

i have not, please provide a source for me to follow to try this 

Just to be clear,  the act of setting the trees smaller than default can reduce draw distance. If you haven't changed tree size then leave alone 🙂

I think I read this in the Bijan tree mod.

On 8/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, MrFuzzy said:

There's no LOD bug, you are the only one having this issue. Probably you f... up something by editing the Usercfg file (LOD 800 on a laptop??)

Try to delete Usercfg.opt, delete rolling cache, reboot the sim, reset all graphics settings to medium, then take it from there... also take into account that 4 GB of VRAM are barely or below the minimum required for gaming.

btw i did find that you had a fourm with my issue as to your saying "im the only one" having this issue 

1 hour ago, Epicmc said:

btw i did find that you had a fourm with my issue as to your saying "im the only one" having this issue 

Yes, more than a year ago there was this issue at high latitudes and in certain locations such as Athens.

For me it's fixed since SU6 or SU7. There is still popping in of course, but it's subtle enough if you don't focus on it and don't use the zoom in the cockpit. 

I just made a video of the OEJN RWY 34 approach with the A320, Ultra settings. For me the performance, draw distance and pop-in are absolutely tolerable.  

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Yes, more than a year ago there was this issue at high latitudes and in certain locations such as Athens.

For me it's fixed since SU6 or SU7. There is still popping in of course, but it's subtle enough if you don't focus on it and don't use the zoom in the cockpit. 

I just made a video of the OEJN RWY 34 approach with the A320, Ultra settings. For me the performance, draw distance and pop-in are absolutely tolerable.  

Great, I’m getting the same visuals 

I just noticed this is su10beta which according to one forum said has improved the lod a bit tho someone did they this is maybe bec su10beta has less network load, but it does look good for me I wanted to confirm the lod thing in this airport and I kept looking for this airport approach for su10beta which I luckily have found you 

This is the downside with a game that is not just run largely as an online service but is constantly updated, it ends up with a huge amount of tweaks being made, some good some not and I doubt half the changes made are communicated to users. So you end up with these long threads deliberating over performance and quality changes that some notice and others dont.

Personaly I perceive that I had the best overall experience before SU5