Sign in to follow this  
Paul_

Where to install MS2020?

Hi everyone 

I wanted to ask where the best place is to install MS2020 

I have loads of space on my SSD so is it better to let it install to the default location or create a folder such as C:\MS2020 ? 

Thanks in advance 

It is easier to manage if you let the game install itself in whatever default location it wants, and when you run it the first time, and it asks you to select a folder for the game packages, you should select a folder outside of the game install folder, like C:\MSFS or whatever is most convenient for you.

• Like 2

Some time ago, for similar reasons I reinstalled to D. This works without issues now. It has caused some problems in the beginning, but I think those are solved now.

It will still install a few folders on C, but when updating it always correctly finds the right folder on D and updates without issues.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

I have a dedicated drive for Steam and MSFS, and everything works fine. No problems with installing third party add-ons, or updates from Asobo.

• Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I second having a separate, dedicated drive just for MSFS. I try to keep my C drive as clean as possible, as it is usually the easiest and fastest drive to fill up.  Also, having MSFS along with the Community folder on their own drive simply makes it easier to keep things organized as you install addons for MSFS over time. I further have a separate drive for all flight sim related utility programs (Navigraph, PMDG Ops Center, Orbx app etc.). 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

I use a dedicated ssd M2 drive for the app, best way to go .  I have Steam and all my addons go nicely into the Community folder. Make your life easy or else you will have problems

Bt the way what are your specs on CPU

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home