Sign in to follow this  
joca133

New user, a few questions/issues.

Sorry to post many questions at once, but figured it would be more efficient.

FAQ read, using FS2Crew CRJ edition v1.2.25.0 (WASM module v1.0) and Aerosoft CRJ v1.0.17.

1) Is there or will there be a way to customize the checks?

For instance, my company has the parking brake "On" instead of "Off" at the Terminating checklist.

2) I use a honeycomb bravo with a gear lever. My co-pilot says he retracted/extended the LDG but the ungracious sob is lying!

Any way around this (ignore the physical lever position)?

3) Windows taskbar starts showing on full screen mode. Any way to avoid MSFS from coming out of full screen when FS2Crew is used?

4) FS2Crew Manager (the one with install/uninstall options) starts when windows starts, despite auto-start option being off.

5) On the ground SET HDG or ALTITUDE commands are recognized but the change is not performed (log says executing command). No issues when flying.

2022-08-07 11:54:53 - WASM Module's Version: 1.0.0.0
2022-08-07 11:54:53 - SUCCESS! - The [VoiceRecog64.dll] has been LOADED...
2022-08-07 11:54:53 - Attempting to start the voice recognition's engine...
2022-08-07 11:54:53 - SUCCESS! - The voice recognition engine has been STARTED!
2022-08-07 11:54:53 - DETECTED language: 'ENGLISH -US' (0x409)...
2022-08-07 11:55:12 - Recognized Phrase: 'Set altitude seven thousand'
2022-08-07 11:55:12 - Executing FO's COMMAND: [AUTOPILOT: SET ALTITUDE XXX]
2022-08-07 11:55:29 - Recognized Phrase: 'landing lights on'
2022-08-07 11:55:29 - Executing FO's COMMAND: [LIGHTS: LANDING ON]
2022-08-07 11:55:32 - Recognized Phrase: 'landing lights off'
2022-08-07 11:55:32 - Executing FO's COMMAND: [LIGHTS: LANDING OFF]

6) Sometimes, after restarting my computer, the app config options are lost, they reset.

7) SET Heading _____ my FO moves the HDG bug slower than my dead granny. Took him 60s to twist the heading 180°!!!

Any way to get him to turn the HDG bug faster than standard rate?

8 - My INFO CENTER appears but the selection boxes (CHK GENERAL, FO/PM etc) are blank. They reappear and stay when I pass my mouse over them. Opacity changes nothing.

Thanks!

Edited by joca133

Hi,

21 hours ago, joca133 said:

Sorry to post many questions at once, but figured it would be more efficient.

No worries

1) Is there or will there be a way to customize the checks?

This one will be difficult, we follow an american airline SOP, that uses the CRJ. Customizing will be difficult, if we do, then it affects all users using the program.

2) I use a honeycomb bravo with a gear lever. My co-pilot says he retracted/extended the LDG but the ungracious sob is lying!

Any way around this (ignore the physical lever position)?

This only happens when you have the "DISABLE GEAR/FLAP CTRL" checkbox checked, in the "Settings" dialog/window. When checked, it avoids the FO from actually extend/retract gears/flaps, even if it's says "gear up/down". This option is mainly for people using external hardware.

3) Windows taskbar starts showing on full screen mode. Any way to avoid MSFS from coming out of full screen when FS2Crew is used?

Are you using Button or Voice control?. I guess the taskbar icon appears because it flashes orange/yellow color right?

4) FS2Crew Manager (the one with install/uninstall options) starts when windows starts, despite auto-start option being off.

I think you are refering to the "FSCrew Products Manager", which is used to update every FS2Crew products. If that's the case, then try:

1- Close the "FS2Crew Products Manager"

2-Right click on the "FS2Crew Products Manager" icon and choose "Run As Admin." for run with administrator privileges.

3- Then try to set the "auto-start" option to off. if it's already OFF then try setting ON then OFF again.

4- Restart Windows and let me know if it worked or not

22 hours ago, joca133 said:

5) On the ground SET HDG or ALTITUDE commands are recognized but the change is not performed (log says executing command). No issues when flying.

This is because they are programmed to only work airborne. We'll change it to be anytime (ground/airborne) on next update.

6) Sometimes, after restarting my computer, the app config options are lost, they reset.

Hmmm...this is weird. Unless if you reinstall/update the program, this may happen.

7) SET Heading _____ my FO moves the HDG bug slower than my dead granny. Took him 60s to twist the heading 180°!!!

Any way to get him to turn the HDG bug faster than standard rate?

We can make it faster (to actually set the target value, without dialing), we'll do that on next update.

8 - My INFO CENTER appears but the selection boxes (CHK GENERAL, FO/PM etc) are blank. They reappear and stay when I pass my mouse over them. Opacity changes nothing.

This is due to a window/gui refreshing issue, this may happens sometimes, and can also be temporary fixed by moving the window out of screen and then back.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

23 hours ago, joca133 said:

Another question on this, You minimize the FS2Crew window in the taskbar?, when this happens?. If you can record a video showing how this happens, it will help me to reproduce it here, so we can find a fix. A youtube video or upload the video somewhere else and post the link, so i can see the steps you follow to reproduce this behaivor. I tried on full screen but can't reproduce the behaivor.

Another question, are you launching the FS2Crew CRJ from within the Flight Simulator and using the in-game FS2Crew CRJ panel and when you press any button does it flash the taskbar icon, just asking to know in which conditions and how the flashing icon appears.

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Manuel, thanks for the reply!

Starting with the most critical for me:

6) App config options reset.

Yeah, happened again. All config is reset, including joystick assignment, crew volume, voice selection etc. Very annoying.

I am suspecting it could be because I disconnect my joystick or restart the computer.

Would it solve if I marked the "FS2Crew CRJ for MSFS.xml" on "x:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew CRJ for MSFS" as read only? Or that could break something else?

2) Gear action.

Thanks for the tip! For now Ill just manually retract, as the flaps are working fine and I like having the FO retract the flaps during Climb Sq.

Maybe a way to disable the two independently in a future patch?

3) Windows taskbar pop up.

I am using Voice Control with a soft mute key. So I keep it muted until I want to issue a command with voice.

Essentially any time I click on the green button to hide/show the panel my windows taskbar pops up and stays in front of my FS window.

I have not launched it from inside the FS, only from the desktop shortcut. I will give this further testing.

Video link*

8 - INFO CENTER selection boxes invisible.

For me it`s happening everytime. Even if I make them re-appear (drag window or mouse over), after selecting "i" it does the same thing later. Not a huge deal, just sharing.

Video link2*

1) Custom checks.

Perhaps a way to change the challenge/responses (for instance from on to off)? Or just the trigger word (Taxi Check instead of Pre-Taxi Check). Not a huge deal for me (I would say it`s 90% to what we used).

4) FS2Crew Manager ignoring auto-starting off.

Did the admin changes, will test a bit more but I think it`s no longer starting.

7,5) Awesome!

*Sorry for the poor phone quality videos. The capture software wouldn`t capture the entire screen with FS2Crew, just the active one (MSFS).

13 hours ago, joca133 said:

Yeah, happened again. All config is reset, including joystick assignment, crew volume, voice selection etc. Very annoying.

I am suspecting it could be because I disconnect my joystick or restart the computer.

Would it solve if I marked the "FS2Crew CRJ for MSFS.xml" on "x:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew CRJ for MSFS" as read only? Or that could break something else?

You could also just backup the XML file, but it's weird. The settings are saved once you close the application, you may just have a copy backup file aside. But again, it's weird. This usually happens after an update (which we tried to fix, but seems like its still happenning). But it should never happen again. If you mark that file as read-only then the program may crash, you may test it that way, but still there must be something deleting the file. You could just use FS2Crew, then once finish, without closing MSFS, try to open your directory using Windows Folder Explorer:

"x:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew CRJ for MSFS"

And close MSFS, and see what happens, and check if the file gets deleted or something. Another question is, during startup the FS2Crew Products manager is launched?, if you update/install, it maybe deleting the XML file.

2) Gear action.

Thanks for the tip! For now Ill just manually retract, as the flaps are working fine and I like having the FO retract the flaps during Climb Sq.

Maybe a way to disable the two independently in a future patch?

You mean the decouple and split into two different options right?...We'll take notes on it, so we could have it in a future patch

I am using Voice Control with a soft mute key. So I keep it muted until I want to issue a command with voice.

Essentially any time I click on the green button to hide/show the panel my windows taskbar pops up and stays in front of my FS window.

I have not launched it from inside the FS, only from the desktop shortcut. I will give this further testing.

Video link*

I just saw the video. I'll try to reproduce on my side. Also, I don't know if you know, you can also open the FS2Crew CRJ in-game panel, or either, have it open on a mobile phone outside the sim. Those could be a workaround for this issue too.

8 - INFO CENTER selection boxes invisible.

For me it`s happening everytime. Even if I make them re-appear (drag window or mouse over), after selecting "i" it does the same thing later. Not a huge deal, just sharing.

Video link2*

Yes, this is an annoying known issue. We will revisit this on future to try to solve it.

1) Custom checks.

Perhaps a way to change the challenge/responses (for instance from on to off)? Or just the trigger word (Taxi Check instead of Pre-Taxi Check). Not a huge deal for me (I would say it`s 90% to what we used).

Mmmm.. it will be difficult, but we'll think about it.

Did the admin changes, will test a bit more but I think it`s no longer starting.

Excellent!, try testing more and let us know how it went.

*Sorry for the poor phone quality videos. The capture software wouldn`t capture the entire screen with FS2Crew, just the active one (MSFS).

No worries, I can see clearly what you recorded.

BTW, a CRJ update has been uploaded into the server. First of all, backup your FS2Crew CRJ XML file, and then use the FS2Crew Products Manager to update it. The fix for the autopilot issues is in that update.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Many solutions but new questions emerged 😅

• What is the difference between soft or hard mute?
  • I just realized I can`t launch FS2Crew from inside the sim (upper toolbar). It makes a "click" sound when I press launch but nothing happens (FSCrew Command Center running and no issues starting manually).

spacer.png

I tried using a mobile phone outside the sim with a small caveat: The texts are huge on my ipad safari!

• The checklist wont fit entirely on screen.
  • Scrolling down only helps temporarily. When a new checklist or command is entered it goes back to the top (blue bar).
  • I tried reducing ipad the text size to no avail.

spacer.png 

Even the first box won`t fit the iPad screen:

spacer.png

Merging both screens (what should be visible):

spacer.png

The reset issue appears to have stopped.

I still don`t know what caused it.

Updating to 1.3.8 and multiple restarts and the config has persisted.

Will keep you posted if it happens again.

It seems to have worked. Thanks!

Edited by joca133

3 hours ago, joca133 said:

What is the difference between soft or hard mute?

Soft mute = Mutes your microphone for a short period of time, so no voice commands are triggered during that time (short time in seconds)

Hard mute = Mutes your microphone for long period of time. Until you disable it.

For more information, please refer to the Manual.

I just realized I can`t launch FS2Crew from inside the sim (upper toolbar). It makes a "click" sound when I press launch but nothing happens (FSCrew Command Center running and no issues starting manually).

In order to allow this, you must check the following:

1- FS2Crew Command Center is running in the background. It's a red FS2Crew icon in your Windows System Tray.

2- "Enable HTTP Server" option is checked/enabled in the FS2Crew Settings window.

For more information please refer to:

FS2Crew Command Center Troubleshooting

I tried using a mobile phone outside the sim with a small caveat: The texts are huge on my ipad safari!

• The checklist wont fit entirely on screen.
  • Scrolling down only helps temporarily. When a new checklist or command is entered it goes back to the top (blue bar).
  • I tried reducing ipad the text size to no avail.

There is a way to adjust the font size, but...it's not user friendly at this moment, however, I'll explain how to. You just need to adjust the URL that your mobile phone opens with the QR code generated by the FS2Crew product or HTTP link. For example:

If FS2Crew program shows you top open this URL in your mobile phone's web browser:

http://192.168.0.5:4450/450&0&0&0

You need to change the "450" number to be a GREATER number, and hit ENTER/GO in your mobile's phone web browser. This will resize all fonts and everything in the FS2Crew's Web Mobile phone screen. The 450 number is a "standard"/"default" value mobile screen height. However, if you set a "600", the URL should look like this:

http://192.168.0.5:4450/600&0&0&0

Try doing this in your mobile phone, and you will notice, every text and button, will get resized smaller or bigger, depending on the number you enter.

Important: You must do this while the FS2Crew product, in this case, the CRJ program, is running.

Also, its better to use the mobile phone in vertical orientation, because the web wasn't designed to be used in horizontal orientation.

The reset issue appears to have stopped.

I still don`t know what caused it.

Updating to 1.3.8 and multiple restarts and the config has persisted.

Will keep you posted if it happens again.

Good news!, yes keep us updated on how it's going.

It seems to have worked. Thanks!

Excellent 😎

Cheers,

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Launching FS2Crew from toolbar

Worked. My MSFS shortcut had admin launch disabled. 👍

Changing the value on URL doesn't do anything on my ipad or my iphone 12. I tried 600, 1000, 1024, 2000.

Spoke too soon. 😟

But I found a way to force this to happen.

If I start FS2Crew without being in the cockpit (or outside the game) it deletes the FS2Crew CRJ for MSFS Log.log from the folder and the FS2Crew CRJ for MSFS.xml reset to default.

Not sure why it happens on other times, but at least now it is reproducible.

Soft/Hard Mute Binding

I may be looking in the wrong place, but I couldnt find anything about Mute on "FS2Crew CRJ Tutorial.pdf".

For me the hard mute can`t be un-muted once triggered, unless I click the panel mic button (with the mouse).

Soft stays muted until I deselect the key.

Also having a lot of issues with bindings, where it will recognize the a joystick button the first time I scan it, but not the next time (I have to restart FS2Crew to change bindings).