Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

Nvidia Control Panel Help

Guys.  Just decided to try some alternate settings.  I noticed in NCP when I go under manage 3d settings / program settings / MSFS that when I select max frame rate, it does not appear to actually cap the frames at all.  For years I would use this in p3d.  So I'm familiar with it.  Is there a gotcha that I'm forgetting?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Did you switch off FPS settings in MSFS2020's settings? (It's in General/Display by the top of my head)

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

2 minutes ago, hvw said:

Did you switch off FPS settings in MSFS2020's settings? (It's in General/Display by the top of my head)

will check    thanks

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Might be easier to do a search on "max frame rate nvidia control panel" and read thru the results. Find exactly what you're looking for and avoids the might be or could be, etc.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Yeah no idea at this point.  Vsync off and frame lock off in sim.  But when I select max frame rate  for msfs in ncp it does not do anything

I noticed this before NCP.  It doesn't seem to apply the max frame rate until you restart Flight Sim.

Had that happen with other games in the past. Also the reason why I moved over to using RTSS exclusively, which I also believe is a more precise frame rate capper. 

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

27 minutes ago, Millingp said:

I noticed this before NCP.  It doesn't seem to apply the max frame rate until you restart Flight Sim.

can confirm this is what I had to do.  A restart of the sim.  thanks!

32 minutes ago, micstatic said:

can confirm this is what I had to do.  A restart of the sim.  thanks!

I always go a step further...any time I change anything in the NVCP I restart the machine.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I always go a step further...any time I change anything in the NVCP I restart the machine.

+1

Don't know enough about this but my VSinc is OFF and the FrameRate is greyed out.  If I switch it on the FrameRate setting shows up.  I've never been concerned about frame rates.  If it flies with no stutters, I don't mess with it.

Roy