Sign in to follow this  
KylerHolland

Marker beacons have been removed from the game?

Hello!

I bought a game a month ago. When I was flying around in Cessna 152 I used to notice my marker beacon's receiver flashing and beeping. About a week ago the receiver became silent. No flashing, no beeping. It took my attention and I decided to check the thing. I know that are not too many marker beacons left in the world but I found out that MCO airport still has inner beacon. RW 17L. Localizer 110.95. So, I tried a few landings there, but the marker beacon receiver is silent. Again, no flashing, no beeping.

Does some update might either removed markers from the game or temporarily turned them off?

Guys, if some of you fly around some airport with marker beacons, can you please prove that marker beacons still work? I would like to test that in my game, because there might be some bug on my side.

As in the sample radio audio panel I show below, in order to get the markers O M I to flash, do you have the MKR button engaged on the audio panel in your aircraft?

Screenshot 2022-08-08 12.01.40 PM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

21 minutes ago, charliearon said:

do you have the MKR button engaged on the audio panel in your aircraft?

Hello! Yes, I do. In Cessna 152. By the way, as I remember MKR button can be turned off, but the receiver will still flashing. Turning MKR on simply adds beeping sound.

Markers (where they exist) are still going off for me in various aircraft and nav systems.

• Like 2

Randall Rocke

6 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Markers (where they exist) are still going off for me in various aircraft and nav systems.

Hey there! Can you please name some locations? I mean where you recently picked up a marker beacon signal? I just tried at KONT and there was no signal for me. This airport has one inner beacon on RW 26L. I checked that with airnav.

32 minutes ago, KylerHolland said:

Hey there! Can you please name some locations? I mean where you recently picked up a marker beacon signal? I just tried at KONT and there was no signal for me. This airport has one inner beacon on RW 26L. I checked that with airnav.

I just flew the ILS Y Rwy 12 into KMSO (Missoula, Montana) and it had marker beacons on approach.  This is a stock airport KMSO, not an add-on.

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I've been flying overseas lately in a lot of 3rd world countries and there are not many there.  I had a MM go off a couple of days ago, though I can't recall where at the moment.  They're certainly becoming rarer in the nav landscape.

Due to my schedule I won't be able to test KONT or KMCO for a couple of days, but if no one else responds with verification or info, I'll give them a try.  Which aircraft were you flying and which nav or nav suite were you using?

Make sure that your MKR's are active on the aircraft you're using and that the audio for the beacons is on and maxed.  Early on I noticed that the volume level for markers, even when set to MAX, was way too low and could barely be heard.  When that beacon went off the other day it seemed to be louder, so MS/ASOBO may have made some adjustments.

• Upvote 1

Randall Rocke

8 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Which aircraft were you flying and which nav or nav suite were you using?

Thank you, Randall! The aircraft is default Cessna 152. I just set the frequency for ILS at chosen airport and start landing there, waiting for beacon to flash and beep. The MKR button is on and the volume is at max.

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I just flew the ILS Y Rwy 12 into KMSO (Missoula, Montana) and it had marker beacons on approach.

Thank you very much, sir! I'll check that airport.

Edited by KylerHolland

I have opposite problem. Lol Tons of airports I shoot instrument approaches IRL marker beacons have been removed in and substituted with gps fixes . However, in MSFS they still exist! 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

22 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I have opposite problem. Lol Tons of airports I shoot instrument approaches IRL marker beacons have been removed in and substituted with gps fixes . However, in MSFS they still exist! 

Right? I’d love to have OP’s issue. 

10 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

I have opposite problem. Lol Tons of airports I shoot instrument approaches IRL marker beacons have been removed in and substituted with gps fixes

There might be a bug on my side. A few guys informed me about airports with marker beacons. I tried those but no signal there. No flashing, no beeping. 

2 hours ago, KylerHolland said:

There might be a bug on my side. A few guys informed me about airports with marker beacons. I tried those but no signal there. No flashing, no beeping. 

Do you have Mods in the community folder? If so, disable the community folder. You may have a conflict.

Just a thought. 

Robin

12 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Do you have Mods in the community folder?

Only single one. The mod that fixes taxiway markings at KMYF airport. Do you think it might be a cause of the marker issue?

1 hour ago, KylerHolland said:

Only single one. The mod that fixes taxiway markings at KMYF airport. Do you think it might be a cause of the marker issue?

I doubt it.   But mention of the community folder got me thinking...

...I run the Navigraph navdata...maybe that is adding in the beacons?   I am running a stock Missoula airport (KMSO) but I *am* running the navigraph navdata.   When I get time I'll do a pattern at MSO without the navdata running and see what I get

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB