Sign in to follow this  
KylerHolland

Marker beacons have been removed from the game?

5 hours ago, KylerHolland said:

There might be a bug on my side. A few guys informed me about airports with marker beacons. I tried those but no signal there. No flashing, no beeping. 

I have also tried to get the beacons to work, but even at locations where I know them to be active, selecting the audio for MKR does not work.

I believe that the entire radio stack is bugged in MSFS. The reason I suspect this is that I have found that the mic selector buttons actually seem to control received audio instead of determining which transceiver the microphone should be active on. I regularly fly out of Flightbeam's KIAD and most of the time, I start to receive a continuous ATIS broadcast from Front Royal or Winchester that will repeat constantly until I get very far away from it (like more than 30-50 miles or more). The only way I can stop it is to turn off the mic selector on the FO side radio. In theory, this should not stop the broadcasts, but it does. It behaves the same in the PMDG 737 as well as it does in the FBW and Fenix.

Is anyone able to hear the Morse code from any VOR, NDB, or ILS? I can't seem to make those work, either. Activating the audio for VOR1 (or 2), ILS, ADF1 (or 2), or MKR does nothing.at all.

To me, it feels like Asobo has the mic selectors connected to the audio selectors (which have the volume control built into them) and vice versa. The volume knobs have no effect either. You can't turn the mic selectors, so you can't control the volume 🤓

I found a great video explaining the audio panel in an A320 and the ones in MSFS don't work as described.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

anyone able to hear the Morse code from any VOR, NDB, or ILS? I can't seem to make those work, either. Activating the audio for VOR1 (or 2), ILS, ADF1 (or 2), or MKR does nothing.at all.

I do hear them. In default Cessna 152.

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I have also tried to get the beacons to work, but even at locations where I know them to be active, selecting the audio for MKR does not work.

Do you have sim10 beta installed? I have it installed, may be that's why I don't pick up those marker beacons.

I finally got it! The problem is with the sim10 beta update. I installed the game on my laptop and picked up beacons' signal during the very first test flight.

4 minutes ago, KylerHolland said:

I finally got it! The problem is with the sim10 beta update. I installed the game on my laptop and picked up beacons' signal during the very first test flight.

Perhaps a bug to be reported through the 'flighting' forums.

Robin

13 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Perhaps a bug to be reported through the 'flighting' forums.

It will be done. The tricky part is that you can't roll back sim10 update. I mean, you can do it via Steam, but in will not solve the problem. Only the complete re-install does.