Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimC1702

Airport terminals, etc. suddenly disappeared

Guest phenom

While flying out of KDTW tonight, I noticed there were no terminals. Having FSGENESIS textures installed, I figured I'd remove those, as well as MyTraffic X and turn off any other add-ons I have (Megascenery X Hawaii being the only other one). However, I got nothing.I did a repair on the install and deleted the fsx.cfg file. Nothing.I maxed every slider I could find. Nothing.I unchecked any nonessential items in the scenery library. Nothing.This not only is happening at KDTW, it's also happening at KORD and KLAX. Oddly enough, KJAX and KMEM seem fine. Those two airports also seem to have terminals that have a different appearance/texture, from what I can recall.Anybody got any ideas?

Guest phenom

By the way, all the jetways and AI aircraft are there, as well as the other misc. airport traffic.

Guest phenom

bumping this for the dayshift crowd.

Greetings!Add KSLC to your list. However on my end, this happens with and without FSGen installed. Seems that some airports have a cloaking device during the night hours, some do not.Hows that for "as real as it gets", lol!KenKSLC

Guest phenom

I wonder if it has anything to do with SP1. I've actually got FSX on my old PC without SP1 installed. I think I'll install it and see if the buildings disappear.

Guest baksteen33

Well, to tell you the truth, the makers thought FSX-performance at those airports was unbareable to a degree that they removed the airport buildings. ;-) That's customer service! :-) There's an ongoing, heated debate whether the removal of a couple of New York airport buildings might be necessary as well? :-) Seriously, those airports were amongst the first ones which were transformed to FSX-formats. In MyTrafficscenery and they start with BR and BR2. I'll post the latest ones ASAP, FSX is out of reach at the moment. Cheers and kind regards Jaap

Guest JimC1702

I had the same problem, I first noticed it at KSLC. I had installed Just Flight's Military Plus Packs and all the terminals at KSLC disappeared. Then I kept finding planes parked halfway through a building, taxi-way signs in the middle of the taxi-way, etc. When I uninstalled the Plus Packs to re-install FSX for SP1, all those problems disappeared. Still waiting for word from Just Flight about when these will be fully FSX compatible. (They were sold as being for FSX). I'm wondering if I can just install the traffic bgl's but not the Just Flight AFCADS.Jim

Guest baksteen33

So, here are the mentioned airports plus another one we're aware of. Pls verify whether there aren't remaining AF2 or BR files of the same airports in MyTrafficscenery before copying. Otherwise, it won't be amusing. ;-) These are in BR2-format. Hint: Be careful with the scenery complexity slider in KORD! Midway is nearby. Scenery complexity is a major framerate annihalator in dense AI-environments. One more... High IFR-levels plus GroundVehicles(GV) 'Low' is counter productive because the aircraft wait for ages to be serviced and sometimes don't eveb leave the gate. If somebody wishes these animations, the IFR-slider is ideally accompanied by a similar GV-setting. In FSX there's much more slider interaction compared to FS9. ;-) Hope this adds to thoughts, cheers and kind regards Jaap