Sign in to follow this  
Guest acebrando1

Bittorrent client affect FS2K4 performance?

TOTP was great in the 70's but went downhill after mid 80s but then again so did the music! (Except for the Led Zeppelin WLL Theme tune!)

I should probably stop getting the patches for World of Warcraft then, since they use a bittorrent client to download.I don't want to get a virus.

Now, to actually help out the topic starter:Many torrent programs have either configurable or hard coded data write speeds.You have to realize that while you are downloading, it is writing to the hard drive (in a temporary file) the data you are getting. Also, if anyone is uploading the data from you, it is reading that data from the drive too. At the same time, Flight Simulator is trying to read scenery off of your hard drive to load as you fly along. This is probably where the latency is happening, and causing your stuttering.If you have more than one hard drive, I would suggest setting your download directory to a drive that you DON'T have your flight simulator scenery files on. If you don't have a second drive, try searching the documentation, help files, or forums of the torrent client you are using to see if there is an option for disk write speeds or anything like that. If not, some clients allow you to cap your speed. If you slow it down enough, it shouldn't be writing as much, and perhaps won't cause stutters. Make sure you cap both download and upload speeds.If none of that works, you have one of two solutions: Try to find another torrent client that isn't hogging so much of your system resources and slowing you down, or don't download while flying.I hope this helps.

Guest acebrando1

>1) the very creation of those recordings is often in>violation of IP rights. Most performers ban recording>equipment (except licensed by them or their agents) from>gigs.You have not a clue as to what you are talking about. My father is a recording artist and producer. Alot of performers welcome recording their concerts. Just as long as a person does not sell the tape for profit. I will give you one example of a very famous rock musician and songwritter that my dad has worked with several times and this particular musician has ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with fans recording his work at his concerts. I will not give the name of this artist, but I guess that you are from Europe so I will give you a "little" hint: MONEY FOR NOTHINGacebrando1

>>1) the very creation of those recordings is often in>>violation of IP rights. Most performers ban recording>>equipment (except licensed by them or their agents) from>>gigs.>>You have not a clue as to what you are talking about. My>father is a recording artist and producer. Alot of performers>welcome recording their concerts. Just as long as a person>does not sell the tape for profit. I will give you one example>of a very famous rock musician and songwritter that my dad has>worked with several times and this particular musician has>ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with fans recording his work at his>concerts. I will not give the name of this artist, but I guess>that you are from Europe so I will give you a "little" hint:>MONEY FOR NOTHING>>acebrando1Haha, When I work the summer concert series we have to take so many cameras, video cameras and sound recorders. I think the ones that don't care are the garage band or underground types, not pop and mainstream that the majority downloads.

Guest acebrando1

>Haha, When I work the summer concert series we have to take so>many cameras, video cameras and sound recorders. I think the>ones that don't care are the garage band or underground types,>not pop and mainstream that the majority downloads.So, "Money For Nothing" didn't ring a bell? WOW! Well, I will just say his name. Mark Knopfler is far from being a garage band or underground type.

>>Haha, When I work the summer concert series we have to take>so>>many cameras, video cameras and sound recorders. I think the>>ones that don't care are the garage band or underground>types,>>not pop and mainstream that the majority downloads.>>So, "Money For Nothing" didn't ring a bell? WOW! Well, I will>just say his name. Mark Knopfler is far from being a garage>band or underground type.Haven't heard of him but his stuff sounds good.I work here: http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gorge/and one of the upcoming groups really doesn't like to have pictures taken or anything being recorded! I won't name names but it is a 50 50 chance of guessing. ;)

Guest acebrando1

>Haven't heard of him but his stuff sounds good.>>I work here: http://www.hob.com/venues/concerts/gorge/>>and one of the upcoming groups really doesn't like to have>pictures taken or anything being recorded! I won't name names>but it is a 50 50 chance of guessing. ;)I looked at your site. Cool looking venue!Mark Knopfler was the head of the band Dire Straits, they were one of the biggest rock bands out of the U.K. I think they still hold the record for best-selling album in the U.K., they were very international. His other hits with Dire Straits are "Brothers in Arms", "Private Investigations", "Sultants of Swing", & "Walk of Life" to name only a few. You should ask some of your music buddies, I gurantee at least one of them know who he is.I think Mark sounds better now then he did back then though.