Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Final Outcome on the Blurries

Guest byoung

I have a 7600GS 256MB PCI express video card. AMD 5600 (2.8 GHZ) dual core CPU, 2 GB RAM Any ideas on how to get rid of the blurries using this video card? Any suggestions as to settings?Did ACES rob Peter to Pay Paul w/ SP1?? Gave us great FPS at the expense of clear crisp video resolution?Thanks for your help!Barry

Key point out of this whole post--->Frame-rate lock is your friend.------------------------Having said that, you can do some testing to figure out how much your setup can handle before the blur-monsters hit:I'd suggest running 1024x768 also to start with.Start with all sliders LEFT (yes, do it for testing) and gradually move them right until you start getting blurries.That's when you will know your system is being overtaxed.With 256 vid ram and a 7xxxGS card, you WILL hit that point sooner than you think.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Start with all sliders LEFT (yes, do it for testing) and>gradually move them right until you start getting blurries.This advice is given regularly, but it's a bit too simple. Which sliders are we talking about? For instance, you HAVE to set LOD and texture resolution at the position where you want them. If you don't, you will of course see nothing but blurries ALL the time, because LOD and resolution to the left is way too low. Testing this way is useless: it will take a few tests before you can even tell if you are having problems with blurries or not. So I advice to set LOD to med and texture resolution at LEAST at 5 m, although we all should be able to run it at 1 m... Also a setting like global texture resolution has to be at high otherwise everything looks crappy too. It might me a good idea if someone would tell us exactly which sliders to put left completely for a test like this. BTW The fact that a lot of people get to 'that point' sooner than they would think, isn't only because of the hardware and doesn't mean they have to get used to it and surely doesn't mean they will have to upgrade their hardware: there definitely is something wrong with SP1, that's a fact. If I should use the settings I can run on my hardware that give me no blurries at all, I'd have one big blurry lowres mess on my screen that would make FS2002 look like a next-gen version of FS.

Guest steve43

Yes I totally agree with J E's post. There is something wrong with SP1 and I am certainly not happy with having sliders far to the left. I too have a 7600GS 512Mb card with a AMD2.4. I certainly don't expect sliders all to the right but somewhere in the middle. The problem here is that we have had a version of FSX which seemed to work better in terms of textures but was let down (for me anyway) on the autogen. In the RTM version I couldn't add autogen, if I did it would cut my FPS by at least 10. In SP1 I can add autogen and the FPS are definately better but at the cost of the textures (or so it seems).Steve

Hi BarryUnfortunately, there is no "Final Outcome" on the blurries. Whether or not there will be one - well, that remains to be seen.For now, the only thing you can do is tweak your system so you can live with it. If you have blurries now, you will continue to have them, but you can try to minimize them using one or more of the tweaks found in this forum. Some may help, some may not - but it will cost you time (that you could have spent flying).Personally, I have gotten my blurries quite a ways down - but they are still there, taking away immersion and joy "points", especially as FSX is supposed to be so much nicer graphically than FS9.I'm backing away from FSX again - I would have loved to fly LDS767 in FSX, but I'm not going to buy add-ons for FSX until I see some kind of improvement appear, whether from THE Golden Tweak or in the shape of another patch. And I see from other posts, that merely upgrading the rig is no guarantee.Funny, when I first saw the blurries after SP1, I really thought that this would be a matter of a simple tweak, but apparently it isn't.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

>>This advice is given regularly, but it's a bit too simple.Works for me (both the testing method and SP1), that's all I know...If he's getting blurries then the system is overtaxed. That's flat out all there is to it.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>If he's getting blurries then the system is overtaxed. That's>flat out all there is to it.LOL thats hardly an accurate statement. With RTM I run the settings seen in the image below with ZERO blurries. With SP1 I can run everything to the left with the exception of textures at 1m, LOD to large, and global textures to very high, and I get blurries. The settings between the RTM and SP1 images here are identical. Of course with RTM there are no blurries, and SP1 is the blurry mess seen below, again with the same settings. Obviously SP1 has some issues. Right now I fly without it as RTM performance is fine for me(18-27fps).RTMhttp://sio.midco.net/111lll/Eurotrip.jpgSP1http://sio.midco.net/FTP5/blurry1.jpg

Guest MrBitsy

>Funny, when I first saw the blurries after SP1, I really>thought that this would be a matter of a simple tweak, but>apparently it isn't.I battled with them since SP1 but after several re-installs I don't see them anymore. Frustrating yes, but there does appear to be a sweet spot if it can be found x( Ray Keattch

>>If he's getting blurries then the system is overtaxed. >That's>>flat out all there is to it.>>LOL thats hardly an accurate statement. >If the sys wasn't overtaxed, it wouldn't be blurring. By definition, if the blurries show, the software/hardware is not keeping up. That's what a blurry is. What's so inaccurate about that truism?>With RTM I run the settings seen in the image below with ZERO>blurries. With SP1 I can run everything to the left with the>exception of textures at 1m, LOD to large, and global textures>to very high, and I get blurries. >The way the software handles texture loading has changed.>The settings between the RTM and SP1 images here are>identical. Of course with RTM there are no blurries, and SP1>is the blurry mess seen below, again with the same settings. >>Right. Since the settings are identical, then the ONLY variable is the software itself.And again, by definition, blurries = something not keeping up.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest djt01

I took a little break from FSX myself and fired up X-Plane again tonight.It obviously does not have all the bells and whistles of FSX but it sure has nice crisp, sharp ground textures all the time as far as the eye can see. Another plus is triple digit frame rates. Now if we could just get the stunning aircraft models from FSX into X-Plane. xp6kj8.jpgxp5wu7.jpgxp3jq0.jpg

Its comparing apples to oranges but the thing that amazes me is that the FS blurries are sometimes described as inevitable and a consequence of having to model the whole world.In the mean time I see differences in bluriness of tiles in the same detail ring. Detail popping in per tile and blurries that increase over time that I never see in other flightsims (like in this X-Plane example).Don't know if its a realistic expectation but if I kill all AI traffic, cut back on autogen and set the maximum vissebility back to around 20 NM (ie an honest featurewise comparisson with your X-Plane) I expect FS-X to give consistent, clear, non blurry vision like in those X-plane shots.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest MrBitsy

>Don't know if its a realistic expectation but if I kill all AI>traffic, cut back on autogen and set the maximum vissebility>back to around 20 NM (ie an honest featurewise comparisson>with your X-Plane) I expect FS-X to give consistent, clear,>non blurry vision like in those X-plane shots.I don't cut back on the visuals and get thishttp://www.gardenforwildlife.com/assets/im...FSX/seatle1.jpgI have AF at 16x, AA at 8x, Ultimate terrain, Active Sky X and road traffic at 30%. I can fly for hours and not get the blurries. Mind you, I didn't fly FSX for months before SP1 because of performance problems, and weeks afterwards because of the blurries.One night I re-installed and the non blurry version was there - I haven't touched anything since :-hmmm Athlon 64x2 4600 dual core2Gb Ram2 Nvidia 7800GT using SLI performance modeX-Fi soundRay Keattch