Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PRO ATC SR is released - first impressions

15 minutes ago, RTK1972 said:

doesn't sound like a buy for me to be honest.

I'd like to point out, that all my comments here related to the frequencies have been my error. 

(ok, a kind of warning somewhere would have been helpful) 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shall we start again then with the feedback? Since the last page was completely a waste of time😀

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Looking forward to more impressions.  I got a hole in my pocket ready to spend my $$$ for a decent and new ATC program for MSFS.  I'm also looking at the other one as well.  So far, this one looks to have a slight advantage...no?

1 minute ago, F1Fan said:

Looking forward to more impressions.  I got a hole in my pocket ready to spend my $$$ for a decent and new ATC program for MSFS.  I'm also looking at the other one as well.  So far, this one looks to have a slight advantage...no?

One disadvantage for me (I think) is that, while it seems to control traffic on the ground to keep it out of your way, it doesn't interface with it otherwise. I did look at my records and I did own it at one time for FSX or P3D, so I can get the discount if I want to give it a try.

Right now, I'm still experimenting with FSHud and the developers have been on top of things.

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Me too, I'm interested in your impression. ATC is one of the most importantpart of the flight. Till now, in all FS version it was not at all satisfying. One of the most powerfull for me was Radar Contact 4.

• Like 3

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Just now, riccardo74 said:

Me too, I'm interested in your impression. ATC is one of the most importantpart of the flight. Till now, in all FS version it was not at all satisfying. One of the most powerfull for me was Radar Contact 4.

Many of us have fond memories of RC4!

• Upvote 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Is the menu ingame? I fly only in vr

Lukas Dalton

10 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

One disadvantage for me (I think) is that, while it seems to control traffic on the ground to keep it out of your way, it doesn't interface with it otherwise. I did look at my records and I did own it at one time for FSX or P3D, so I can get the discount if I want to give it a try.

Right now, I'm still experimenting with FSHud and the developers have been on top of things.

Thanks and good to know about FSHud.  Yea, I'm just lurking here right now to see what some of the new users of this new ATC addon have to say about it..good or bad.  

Thanks again for the info!

17 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

I'm not sure which is the other one that you're looking at, but I find Pilot2ATC to be very very good and Dave, the developer, is very responsive on these forums and on emails.

Other than the promise of controlling AI aircraft, which I think has been overstated, I'm not sure this product is any better. If it has an in-game panel, that will be good for VR users, but I prefer to have the screen on a second monitor.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Is the menu ingame? I fly only in vr

From the few YouTube videos I've seen, it seems to use it's own menu window. I haven't seen any of the available MSFS ATC addons use an in-game menu for talking with ATC.

10 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

I'm not sure which is the other one that you're looking at, but I find Pilot2ATC to be very very good and Dave, the developer, is very responsive on these forums and on emails.

Other than the promise of controlling AI aircraft, which I think has been overstated, I'm not sure this product is any better. If it has an in-game panel, that will be good for VR users, but I prefer to have the screen on a second monitor.

Yes, I was looking into P2ATC but the default MS voices really bothers me.  The program has been received very well as an excellent ATC program. But most of the reviews I've seen say that to get the full experience and benefit of the program you need to purchase those expensive voice packs for which I am not a fan of. However I might just try the demo since I am a little curious at how close the ATC programming works. 

Thanks for the information!

Edited by F1Fan

5 minutes ago, F1Fan said:

Yes, I was looking into P2ATC but the default MS voices really bothers me.  The program has been received very well as an excellent ATC program. But most of the reviews I've seen say that to get the full experience and benefit of the program you need to purchase those expensive voice packs for which I am not a fan of. However I might just try the demo since I am a little curious at how close the ATC programming works. 

Thanks for the information!

Definitely try the demo. It took me one day to decide to buy it, even with the default voices. I've since bought extra voices, but didn't do it right away. I didn't have a problem with the default voices per se, just wanted greater variety

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

From the few YouTube videos I've seen, it seems to use it's own menu window. I haven't seen any of the available MSFS ATC addons use an in-game menu for talking with ATC.

Thx. Then I have no use for it 

Lukas Dalton

Awesome, can't wait to pay 40 Euro (I only get 10 Euros off because I bought it before 2022 which makes no sense at all), promise updates and then go dead silent again.

Sry, but this is a rip off. Voice Control is the only new feature, other then that, it's the same program for 50 euros.

I don't care about voice control, I care about fluent and correct vectoring, which pro atc still can't handle after all this years. RC4 did it 15 years ago. I care about correct callsigns, so my AeroLogic 512 flight is actually German Cargo 512 and not BOX 512. I care about more voice variation like PF3 has.

What a shame.

I feel like I need to try this software....just don't have a lot of time and if it's not great I've wasted 50 bucks.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |