Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Flysimware C414aw updated.

To 2.9.0. Just a heads up if you didn't check your email.

Edited by Todd2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

To 2.8.1. Just a heads up if you didn't check your email.

That's the version I've been running.  (?)

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

19 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

To 2.8.1. Just a heads up if you didn't check your email.

2.9.0 has been released (Aug 8)

2.8.1 was July 28

• Like 1

Rhett

33 minutes ago, Mace said:

2.9.0 has been released (Aug 😎

2.8.1 was July 28

Sorry I fixed it. I just got the email today for the update.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Todd2 said:

Sorry I fixed it. I just got the email today for the update.

Nah it's all right, I can never tell what version I'm running about half the time.  I have to look in Addon Linker.   But sometimes some add-on makers don't update the file that tells the version number, luckily Flysimware is good about that...

• Like 1

Rhett

I got the update shortly after getting a notification from their discord. I was curious to see the change log, and it took a while until I managed to find it. Just a note that the change log included with the new zip file incorrectly refers to 2.8.1 but seems to have the correct changes. From their website: 

NEW FEATURES:

1. Tablet now hides/animates to the side pocket as this helps on a bug where when hidden the mouse curser would still be present although it would not be selectable. This is now much better.  

2. If either pilot or copilot window is left open the cabin will not pressurize and once the cabin differential is above 1 psi you are not able to open either window.

UPDATES:

1. Tablet checklist page updated as one of the walkaround click spot decals was labeled the wrong letter.

2. Inner nose door compartment area had some mesh not aligned and caused see through areas. This is now been fixed. 

3. Increased the to/from flags on the HSI.

4. Reshaped the aircraft decal on the HSI glass.

5. Enlarged the ground radar triangle bug.

6. Pilot and copilot attitude bank cards now have lag animation so they do not snap to current position when suction is available.

7. The RMI and ADF pointer now have lag animation so they do not snap to current position when active signal.

• Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Some real attention to detail there!  (Change log).

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

got the updated version,

this aircraft is very unstable/erratic for me - unusable,

is there anything simple I can do to fix?

Specifics?  On autopilot or hand flying?  Which avionics are you using? GNS, pms GTN or TDS GTN Xi?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Specifics?  On autopilot or hand flying?  Which avionics are you using? GNS, pms GTN or TDS GTN Xi?

just hand flying - starting with engines running on runway & with standard default GNS,

sometimes it has a mind of its own & goes into a kind of enforced climbing mode - I don’t know how to return to normal flight…

2 hours ago, craigeaglefire said:

just hand flying - starting with engines running on runway & with standard default GNS,

sometimes it has a mind of its own & goes into a kind of enforced climbing mode - I don’t know how to return to normal flight…

I am pretty sure the documentation, and several messages from them, specify that you must start from a parking spot, cold & dark, so the 414AW code can initialize properly.  They warn about your described symptoms if starting from the runway with engines running and avionics on. 

• Like 3

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

58 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

I am pretty sure the documentation, and several messages from them, specify that you must start from a parking spot, cold & dark, so the 414AW code can initialize properly.  They warn about your described symptoms if starting from the runway with engines running and avionics on. 

It may in the documents but I almost always (yes shamefully lol) start on the runway - I have very little time to sim these days.  I updated my copy this morning and use the GFC605 with TDS GTNXi and everything seemed fine.  I did note when pausing, going into drone view, and then unpausing my AP had some serious issues.... but I've encountered that with other addons after being on AP and using drone.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, TacomaSailor said:

word not allowed, that's true. I normally do this, but lately I've started on the runway to get going quickly as I've been testing some issues on the sim. And the autopilot's been acting up, doing all sorts of unexpected things. No one at either TDS or Flysimware (discord) had heard of the issues. But it could be that the code didn't initialize properly. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

33 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

It may in the documents but I almost always (yes shamefully lol) start on the runway - I have very little time to sim these days.

Good to know I'm not alone 😅 Ironically I've been starting on the runway to test some sim stability issues. Lol. Guess with MSFS anything can happen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

word not allowed, that's true

Really, Avsim?